TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

oneshot7 wrote:As much as I'd love to see it, big Francois doesn't appear to have any desire to leave bath..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/102349 ... tract.html

Ah well.
It's the hope that kills you.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Leaves the door open for an AB lock ......
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
scrumtogether
Novice

Post by scrumtogether »

Cornerfleg wrote:Leaves the door open for an AB lock ......
Retallick?? :stir: :thumleft: :bowdown:
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Any big name back row signing and it will be a nail in the coffin for any hope you have of Fez making a full return to rugby..... at Ulster anyway.... opinions
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Any big name back row signing and it will be a nail in the coffin for any hope you have of Fez making a full return to rugby..... at Ulster anyway.... opinions
I can see Henderson being moved into second row and I don't think Ferris will ever come back to play every game. If he returns he'll be wrapped in cotton wool and rolled out for the big fixtures.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I'd sincerely like to know where this Louw rumour came from. Made me laugh the first time I read it :lol:

Keep the guesses coming, I'm enjoying this.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
earl the beaver
Novice

Post by earl the beaver »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Any big name back row signing and it will be a nail in the coffin for any hope you have of Fez making a full return to rugby..... at Ulster anyway.... opinions
No
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

ruckover wrote:I'd sincerely like to know where this Louw rumour came from. Made me laugh the first time I read it :lol:

Al'i can imagine is that it comes from the fact that he has been on Cornerflags books for three years but some pleb has just noticed it now on their website...
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

ruckover wrote:I'd sincerely like to know where this Louw rumour came from. Made me laugh the first time I read it :lol:

I guessed Louw earlier, probably that. :oops:
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Louw wasn't an unrealistic call (if we ignore the fact that thecrouch and I didn't see he'd extended with Bath); Ulster are better than Bath objectively, and Humph's power of persuasion is considerable.

I'm aware Cave has a year left after this; however, that doesn't mean that Robinson can provide insurance should he go. Obviously everyone would rather this didn't happen, but if Cave is to leave, he wil command the best wages if he leaves at the age 26, rather than signing and end-of-career deal at 29/30.
It's the hope that kills you.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Can't understand why we would be signing Robinson to play 15 if Payne will be 15 next season, would have thought if that was the case we wouldn't have signed Robinson
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Robinson is a converted 10 who can also play 12 ... he played 15 for the Chiefs due to D4 telling them Kruden was to play 10 .... he is a proper quality utility back.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:Louw wasn't an unrealistic call (if we ignore the fact that thecrouch and I didn't see he'd extended with Bath); Ulster are better than Bath objectively, and Humph's power of persuasion is considerable.

I'm aware Cave has a year left after this; however, that doesn't mean that Robinson can provide insurance should he go. Obviously everyone would rather this didn't happen, but if Cave is to leave, he wil command the best wages if he leaves at the age 26, rather than signing and end-of-career deal at 29/30.
Yes it was.... with that train of thought you could tout any world class back row with a long term contract

With BOD retirement.... Payne on central contract and under IRFU player management... possibly Cave more involved with Ireland squad... utility back makes sense...
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

breakdown wrote:Can't understand why we would be signing Robinson to play 15 if Payne will be 15 next season, would have thought if that was the case we wouldn't have signed Robinson
Payne will be centrally contracted next year, won't be about as much.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

So where's this fecking announcement?!