Offski??????????????

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Yoda
Initiate

Re: Offski??????????????

Post by Yoda »

Dan Dare wrote:
Agree, I had high hopes for McKinney, but he can't say that he did not get a fair crack at it? They gave him ample opportunities.
Define ample opportunities?

If memory serves he's had two starts this year, only one of which was outside Ruan who had a shocker by his standards.

I'm not here to say he's up to standard, but he hasn't exactly had a good run in the 1st team to prove himself - on that alone some of the criticism on here has been unfair - but he's done himself no favours by seemingly not bothering himself when called upon by the Ravens or the binmen
UpAtSix
Initiate

Post by UpAtSix »

I'm sad that Annett is leaving for two reasons. First and foremost, he is a proper, honest guy and a credit to his family and province. Secondly, I think we'll miss him on the pitch too. We will do very well to get a supposedly third-choice hooker of his quality. His defence is ferocious, his darts are plenty good enough and he works his Brennan off.

I've no doubt he'll push himself into matchday squads and starting lineups at Worcester. I just hope they do him a favour and stay up!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Would Tommy Seymour start for Ulster??
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Kofi Annan wrote:Would Tommy Seymour start for Ulster??
When Trimble and Bowe are away for Ireland.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It shouldn't be about starting. It should be about retaining good players like Leinster do, creating better depth and looking at who will become starters in the long term i.e. when Trimble and Bowe retire.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Dave wrote:
It shouldn't be about starting. It should be about retaining good players like Leinster do, creating better depth and looking at who will become starters in the long term i.e. when Trimble and Bowe retire.
And you don't think that the UR people are trying their best to do just that, Dave? I do.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

rocky wrote:
Dave wrote:
And you don't think that the UR people are trying their best to do just that, Dave? I do.
Rocky , some try their best , but some are just are not good enough.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Joe Schmo wrote:
When Trimble and Bowe are away for Ireland.
Ahead of Gilroy , Scholes or Allen :scratch:
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Yoda wrote:
Dan Dare wrote:
Agree, I had high hopes for McKinney, but he can't say that he did not get a fair crack at it? They gave him ample opportunities.

If memory serves he's had two starts this year, only one of which was outside Ruan who had a shocker by his standards.

I'm not here to say he's up to standard, but he hasn't exactly had a good run in the 1st team to prove himself - on that alone some of the criticism on here has been unfair - but he's done himself no favours by seemingly not bothering himself when called upon by the Ravens or the binmen
Yoda, he had ample opportunities to show how much he wanted it, but sadly if you cannot shine at AIL or Ravens , then why would you get a chance in Rabo, Ulsters there to win games not give poor players opportunities
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Kofi Annan wrote:
rocky wrote:
Dave wrote:
I do think that rocky, Leinster just seem to hang on to players better but I guess they have a lot of Central Contracts off their wage bill.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

Dave wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
rocky wrote:
Dave wrote:
I do think that rocky, Leinster just seem to hang on to players better but I guess they have a lot of Central Contracts off their wage bill.
They lost their most influential player because the IRFU wouldn't pay him what he was worth.. their "depth" is a product of a very good development and effective squad rotation keeping players happy.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

How many of these players, in particular those leaving, are assigned to Cornerfleg?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Dan Dare wrote:

Yoda, he had ample opportunities to show how much he wanted it, but sadly if you cannot shine at AIL or Ravens , then why would you get a chance in Rabo, Ulsters there to win games not give poor players opportunities
Out of interest how many players did shine for the Ravens this year? Not many.

As I noted above, I'm not advocating that poor players are given lots of time in the first team, its an improvement from the days of NOC who was given over 50 opportunities when it was known he wasn't up to the standard that management recognise the issue and are dealing with it. But there seems to be a perception here that he has played more than he did, 2 starts, one of which when he did ok against Edinburgh doesn't justify some of the criticism he has received re his first team performances.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

To be fair, Russ would have looked like Dan Carter against that Edinburgh team. anyway maybe he will come back a better player from England , Russ that is not McKinney :D
Last edited by Kofi Annan on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:To be fair, Russ would have looked like Dan Carter against that Edinburgh team. anyway maybe he will come back a better play, Russ that is not McKinney :D
Never played at 10 so may have bee out of my depth.

Did try to move from prop to 9 in my younger days and filled in at 12 and 13 on occasion

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk