TMO deciusions!!!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

TMO deciusions!!!

Post by Setanta »

Just watching NZ-RSA in the JWC - referee and linesmen see nothing in tackle(correctly!) but then defer to TMO who sees yellow card for two arm tackle round the shoulders! Awful, that individual should never be allowed to TMO or referee a game again. It was that bad. Two tries to NZ ; yet again ruined a superb game.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: TMO deciusions!!!

Post by Russ »

Were these offences against RSA?

Anscombe Out
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Of course! :roll:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Still a good watch 25-20 after 67
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Couple of diabolical ones in the cricket too, involving Prior, which at least evened each other out.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Terrific game and the NZ Full-back was MOTM but deserved win for the Bokke.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WE WIN :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Surely all Ulster men & weemin consider themselves to have an affinity with South Africa, especially against Kiwi B'astards.

I hope they smash England.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

The SA 10 looks like he could turn into a hell of a player as did a few of the Baby Blacks especially the 15.. Good game...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Another guff TMO decision last night in Canada Scotland

Rory Jackson got run over by a Canadian backrow, who then got a red hard as Jackson got his head in the wrong place
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Russ wrote:Another guff TMO decision last night in Canada Scotland

Rory Jackson got run over by a Canadian backrow, who then got a red hard as Jackson got his head in the wrong place
Saw that, pretty incredible. Never a red.
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

Wee Woman wrote:
Russ wrote:Another guff TMO decision last night in Canada Scotland

Saw that, pretty incredible. Never a red.

Shocking, horrible decision. It's going away from being a totally physical sport with huge collisions to looking for reasons to card players for minor things, constantly stop starting the game.

Here is the Canada red card decision: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gj3oVGhtaM
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Don't agree. Thought the red was merited. It's obvious that what happened was intentional. A hand-off is fine but that's not what this was. Is there anything in the laws that allows a player to lead with the elbow/forearm? Had he been the tackler, there would have been no debate - straight red.
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

Scranner wrote:Is there anything in the laws that allows a player to lead with the elbow/forearm?
Scranner. This is somewhat dubious reasoning. The law generally defines what is outlawed, rather than what is permissible.

Is there anything in the laws that allowed Stephen Ferris to run straight through vulnerable French front rows if they happened to be the closest person available?

I'm not saying your point is wrong per se, just the reasoning is questionable.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Well I'm saying it's totally wrong per se and any other way too. The guy was catching the ball and defending against an incoming tackle at the same time. Tackler got his tackle wrong and suffered the consequence. Should not even have been a penalty!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Scranner wrote:...what happened was intentional.
?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk