Les Kiss - Director of Rugby

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Les Kiss - Director of Rugby

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Nightsoil wrote:Ok, three positives from Anscombe's reign, a small monument of sorts against his sins...

1 - Robbie Diack has improved immeasurably under him. I remain something of a critic, but I don't think anyone can deny he earned his Ireland cap, and in that performance put his hand up for more. Impossible to think that would be the case when Anscombe rocked up, no particular reason to think it would have happened without him.

2 - The away victory to Montpellier was a masterclass in how to tame a physically bigger team and showed a real step forwards from the Sarries quarter-final last year. He got the tactics bang on that day and he broke another psychological barrier - Ulster can win in France. I'd like the players to have filed that game plan away for when it's needed.

3 - Three might have been pushing it in hindsight.
I'll generously give him Robbie Diack, was a rudderless ship on an unfriendly sea, bobbing along without direction. Yinst could ell be right but let's chalk Robbie up to Maaaak.

I take issue with the Montpellier win being down to a great Anscombe plan. I see it more as his default kicking option actually finding a team of suckers who couldn't deal/cope with it & the magnificent kick chasing. Even more I credit Dinger, in a 25-8 win it might seem odd, but that game was won with 5-10 minutes of superb defence just after Monpellier had scored their try & were all over us like a chape suit. 25-8 implies a doddle, it was a fiercesome scrap until the last quarter, one by opportunism, defence and magnficent goalkicking late in the game after a few early misses.

Three? Yeah, optimistic says it all.

Ding Dong the Kiwis gone.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:Indeed I'm a brogue man me self, but always by the pair.
I was once fooled by a man who trousered my brogues. After much debate and on his plea that he would really feel a better person if he walked a mile in my shoes, I let him try them. Needless to say, 1 mile became several & I never saw my brogues again. :duh:

These days I wear winklepickers so I can inert one in the crozier of the next clown who tries that one on me. Seeeesh.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Your screen probably needs a wipe......
FFS Snipe, its " thtcreeeeen". :roll:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
Scranner wrote:IMO we only lost that last game at the RDS on the back of a dodgy try (forward pass).
We lost it with probably the worst substitution feck up I have ever witnessed
Thanks Rooster, saved me the bother. :thumleft:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

A friend in D4 was telling me that the IRFU may try to attract McCall back to the Ulster role of DoR as a stepping stone to be lined up for the Irish job after JS..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:A friend in D4 was telling me that the IRFU may try to attract McCall back to the Ulster role of DoR as a stepping stone to be lined up for the Irish job after JS..
I would go with that as long as they give us Schmidt in return on a 5 year contract
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

BaggyTrousers wrote: These days I wear winklepickers so I can inert one in the crozier of the next clown who tries that one on me. Seeeesh.
دون جوارب
:lol:
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

If McCall were to in I think Leinster would be a better posting than Ulster and o Shea might be ahead in the Ireland role if he wanted it

Some glipe on MFs suggested Bradley for Ulster which could be only have as a bigger mare DK or EoS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:If McCall were to in I think Leinster would be a better posting than Ulster and o Shea might be ahead in the Ireland role if he wanted it

Some glipe on MFs suggested Bradley for Ulster which could be only have as a bigger mare DK or EoS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's more sense spoken at a jihadist training camp than there is on Munterfans
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Are they not one and the same?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:Are they not one and the same?
Munterfans is a silent cell?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Are they not one and the same?
Munterfans is a silent cell?
Single cell Russ, not silent..........
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

If only they were silent!

And yeah, going for three on Anscombe was always a wee bit optimistic! :lol:

Once a Knight - Apologies if it came off surly, was joshing.
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

Cockatrice wrote:A friend in D4 was telling me that the IRFU may try to attract McCall back to the Ulster role of DoR as a stepping stone to be lined up for the Irish job after JS..
Was told the same thing by "good" source prior to Anscombe appointment, won't believe anything til it's announced
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

If he doesn't want to come back to Ireland, he won't no matter how much D4 want him.