Scarlets v Ulster Live

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Gael
Steward

Re: Scarlets v Ulster Live

Post by Gael »

As usual, when everyone in Ireland is talking about rugby, we are the jokeshop.
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

Gael wrote:As usual, when everyone in Ireland is talking about rugby, we are the jokeshop.
Sigh . . . painful but true
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Have you read Leinster fans ?

with a possibly the best back rows unavailable Henry Williams and Henderson and 4 international backs absent Jackson Olding Payne and Trimble - playing away from home, with a whistle happy ref and the greatest rugby brains in the world can only come up with same old sh-t it's the coach's fault let's hound the man -he 's home grown and easy meat and some wonder why McGlucks should thank Davy boy for retiring him .

Ulster can't have a local head coach and Humphreys realised that ulster supporters? Always eat their own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:Have you read Leinster fans ?

with a possibly the best back rows unavailable Henry Williams and Henderson and 4 international backs absent Jackson Olding Payne and Trimble - playing away from home, with a whistle happy ref and the greatest rugby brains in the world can only come up with same old sh-t it's the coach's fault let's hound the man -he 's home grown and easy meat and some wonder why McGlucks should thank Davy boy for retiring him .

Ulster can't have a local head coach and Humphreys realised that ulster supporters? Always eat their own

Rum out

BoD said himself this week that Ulster have the best backline in Ireland

So all we do is boot the ball away

Pull the other one
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Post and hope

Kick and hope

Has anyone ever seen rum and Doak in the same room?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cornerfleg wrote: Has anyone ever seen rum and Doak in the same room?
Why wouldn't Doakie be in the same room as his granda :scratch:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

big mervyn wrote:
And there was me thinking Ithat Coke was Bell given his knowledge of defence... Then again maybe it's rumandcola a cheaper alternative of the real thing.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

big mervyn wrote:
Are dumb and dumber making a new movie?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Liam Williams
Novice

Post by Liam Williams »

Jackie Brown wrote:We are back to effectively a year 2010 level with NOTHING to show for it.
Your where you belong...In the gutter :fleg:
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Hello Liam, may I be the first to say have a very Merry Christmas.
As for the rest of the Ulster supporters I just want to ask one question.
Were you actually expecting anything different?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

To use the best back line you need to be in the right position with possession . In your own half between 1/2 way and 22 is not the right position until your forwards are consistently breaking the gain line off quick recycle . No back line is going to penetrate an organised defence .

The quickest surest way of getting over the gain line on providing forward momentum to your forwards is to kick over the heads of the defence .
If you are unable to accept that an out half / scrum half will kick at least 75 % of the possession when with in their own half of the pitch forget about buying a ticket and supporting rugby because that's the way the game is played regardless of who is coach .

Exactly the same complaints have been made by the same posters for the last 10 -15 years regardless of who was the coach .

The game is professional it is either League or Cup rugby there is no latitude provided to enable a coach to adopt a high risk game when you can lose and still gain a bonus point provided you lose and have a limited points difference .

The Laws and the competition formats don"t encourage open rugby unless you have a double figure lead .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
promenader
Novice

Post by promenader »

rumncoke wrote:Have you read Leinster fans ?

Who's Henry Williams? :duck:
I don't know if Doak is a good, bad or indifferent coach. The injuries we have suffered would have tested the best coach in the world, that's for certain. However, I do know, 'cos anyone can see it, that we are shy a a couple of top class players in a couple of key positions. We have a world class scrum half and two honest but limited back ups. We have two honest but limited 10s: one wasn't considered good enough for the Heineken cup final 2 or 3 years ago and he hasn't suddenly got better. The other was seen as the coming man then. Unfortunately he still hasn't arrived and may never do so. We'll win nothing until that situation is sorted out.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

In light of last week RP should have been taking the place kicks from the start.
Kicks+chases were an abomination. Largely aimless, non contest bombs. Hound the ball please.
Diack's loose carrys and inability to drive through close tacklers made a frustrating night for the industrious No6.
If only the Scarlet defender hadnt interfered with the Cave ball back to Marshall we would have closed out the game.
The lineout went well however ... :lol:
Liam Williams
Novice

Post by Liam Williams »

bazzaj wrote:Hello Liam, may I be the first to say have a very Merry Christmas.
As for the rest of the Ulster supporters I just want to ask one question.
Were you actually expecting anything different?
Merry Christmas, you decent fellow.
In fairness, I got quite nervous early on, when you turned down three points and popped it in the corner. Thankfully, we defended better last night than we did in Belfast. I'm certain, with a fully-fit squad, you can deny Toulon the bonus-point they'll require to win the group :D
Top four for you guys. Easily :red:
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Doak"s decision not to replace Fitzpatrick at half time is, in my opinion criminal and a sackable offence - even a blind man could see the card was coming :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Scrum improved markedly when Ross came on - who would have thought it :roll:

I sincerely hope never to see Deccie in an Ulster shirt again - time to hang up the boots.
Finished