Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Loki
Warrior Assassin

Re: Injury Update

Post by Loki »

Luke can't catch a break at all. It seems as though the sport has now provided him with what could be a deep-seated issue. I think the comparison with Shontayne Hape is a very apt one.

otherwise...Raaymakers I can only hope is on a pay-as-you-play (ie not at all) deal with a low basic and Dan's season has been ruined before it even got going. I was a fan of sacking off the Super Duper Cup before the season started but now I'd happily send the Ravens to play Toulon and Leicester. Clearly the squad can't cope with this level of injuries.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

stickinout wrote:If you find them before i do, give them a good shoeing. I feel like i belong to the victorian era of fog, TB and the dreaded lurgy
I thought I had TB at one point. The wife thought I was exaggerating for sympathy.

Last week it was a toss up between choking to death or developing an addiction to Codeine due to the amount of Paracodol I was gargling. I opted for addiction.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

stickinout wrote:
Gary wrote:So we've one player out for months because he hurt his big toe, and now we've another out for 8 weeks because he hurt his thumb.

Should we sign some footballers as they appear to be rather more resilient that rugby players? :D

Wonder how many games Willie John McBride or Syd Millar missed because of such injuries!

BTW I hope Ruan gets a very bad cold later in the week.

If Ruan wants to tickle my tonsils he'd probably get a good strep throat or a very bad virus that's doing the rounds. It would knock him out for about 2 weeks. Mind you, can't say i'd get much pleasure out of it (nor him i'm sure), but i would be delighted to see him put his feet up for a few weeks as it is evident he's not 100% :red: :fleg:
I'd volunteer, if I had a bad throat ImageImage
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Wee Woman wrote:
stickinout wrote:
Gary wrote:So we've one player out for months because he hurt his big toe, and now we've another out for 8 weeks because he hurt his thumb.

Should we sign some footballers as they appear to be rather more resilient that rugby players? :D

Wonder how many games Willie John McBride or Syd Millar missed because of such injuries!

If Ruan wants to tickle my tonsils he'd probably get a good strep throat or a very bad virus that's doing the rounds. It would knock him out for about 2 weeks. Mind you, can't say i'd get much pleasure out of it (nor him i'm sure), but i would be delighted to see him put his feet up for a few weeks as it is evident he's not 100% :red: :fleg:
WW, Is that you asking in a roundabout way that you want me to tickle your tonsils so you can tickle his? :shock: Took me 10 mins to type that whilst i coughed my lung up.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

stickinout wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
stickinout wrote:

WW, Is that you asking in a roundabout way that you want me to tickle your tonsils so you can tickle his? :shock: Took me 10 mins to type that whilst i coughed my lung up.
It's obviously terminal manflu you have there, a spike in temperature is clearly making you delirious Image

Mr WW had terminal manflu last week and miraculously survived against all odds. Maybe I could persuade him to snog Ruan Image
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

WW, TERMINAL?!

As long as someone snogs him within the next day or two! You weemen just don't understand how us men have to deal with our very particular savage form of flu. I've been told the pain levels are something akin to childbirth but only a lot worse. FFS, i even have to self medicate with hot whiskies. None of yer laughing gas around here you know.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Jackie Brown wrote:
stickinout wrote:If you find them before i do, give them a good shoeing. I feel like i belong to the victorian era of fog, TB and the dreaded lurgy
I thought I had TB at one point. The wife thought I was exaggerating for sympathy.

Last week it was a toss up between choking to death or developing an addiction to Codeine due to the amount of Paracodol I was gargling. I opted for addiction.

Sounds like you had it bad JB . Also sounds like you got as much sympathy from Mrs JB as i've got from my lady wife. The sympathy and loving touch ends with the childer! Not even a foot rub or a few hot toddies made for me. :drunken:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rovi Snave wrote:Quote from UR "Iain Henderson continues to make progress on the hip injury that he sustained in September"

I was under the impression Iain had elective surgery for a long term hip problem that needed sorted at some point - first time I've heard of an injury - anyone else better informed? :salut:
UR PR department spends 99% of their time on Payne. Do you really think they can remember other players?

I'm being cruel, as actually most of their time is spent managing a 3rd party to make horrendous videos
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Did vDM and Cave have the same sickness?
If so why was vDM given the week off?
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Russ wrote:Did vDM and Cave have the same sickness?
Apparently vDM had a chest infection - no idea what was up with Darren!
Finished
Ampersand
Novice

Post by Ampersand »

stickinout wrote:Also sounds like you got as much sympathy from Mrs JB as i've got from my lady wife. The sympathy and loving touch ends with the childer! Not even a foot rub or a few hot toddies made for me. :drunken:
You see, where you've gone wrong is in expecting that from the wife and not bringing up your childer in the right way.

My Childer hate the smell of whiskey but they love their daddy so they do make me very nice hot toddies when required.

it's all in the training.
&
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rovi Snave wrote:
Russ wrote:Did vDM and Cave have the same sickness?
Apparently vDM had a chest infection - no idea what was up with Darren!
Let's get Ruan a fake one of those for 2 weeks
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Wee woman

Try a hot RUM instead --- unfortunately I'm not as hot as once was ----- but I smell ---- nice ------and i can tickle more than your tonsils .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

rumncoke wrote:Wee woman

Try a hot RUM instead --- unfortunately I'm not as hot as once was ----- but I smell ---- nice ------and i can tickle more than your tonsils .
>jawdrop That conjures up an image nearly as bad as HWM describing his sister as sexy :puker:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Mr C or who ever a little double now and then is allowable still je suis plastered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist