What are you listening to?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Russ »

justinr73 wrote:I've got tickets for Nathan Carter in London this month.
Visit Philomena's before. Bring a fleg
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Are you Hugo?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Are you Hugo?
Does that mean a Nathan Carter is the cant the put the cant in Cantry Music. I loathe Country Music, it makes me feel violent, feel that some rednecked hick needs badly to meet their maker - rednecks always have a maker. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Country music's maker needs to meet its maker....
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Stephen Wilson's new one. "Hand. Cannot. Erase". A treat for the ears
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Russ wrote:
Visit Philomena's before. Bring a fleg
I'll certainly need a few beforehand, partly because he's playing in a church that doesn't cater particularly well for thirsty punters.

Seen the hugely underrated Lloyd Cole there a couple of times.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Got tickets for Sting and Paul Simon; silly money but Bridge over Troubled Water was my first album and Police were big when I was 'courting'. Happy days.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Are you Hugo?
Does that mean a Nathan Carter is the cant the put the cant in Cantry Music. I loathe Country Music, it makes me feel violent, feel that some rednecked hick needs badly to meet their maker - rednecks always have a maker. :roll:
I believe it's pronounced Cyarter Baggy.

Sometimes I despair that the yoof listen to this shyte. There's no hope for this country.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I'd rather a kid listen to that than dance / rap or whatever they call that kind of tom kite these days.

Trying to catch stuff I've never seen before this year so tickets for Toto, U2 , Fleetwood Mac, Taylor Swift and er Roxette.

Obviously couldn't resist seeing my old faves Blur again either in the summer nor Ride's first gigs for twenty years.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

drum.gif
drum.gif (26.4 KiB) Viewed 509 times
justinr73 wrote:I'd rather a kid listen to that than dance / rap or whatever they call that kind of tom kite these days.

Trying to catch stuff I've never seen before this year so tickets for Toto, U2 , Fleetwood Mac, Taylor Swift and er Roxette.

Obviously couldn't resist seeing my old faves Blur again either in the summer nor Ride's first gigs for twenty years.
Jaysus Justy, all our feckin' yesterdays, I thought you were a young fella. I don't think there is anyone of the Fleetwood Mac line up younger than me FFS. Unless they've brought in some new blood of about 50. >EW

Anyway, I told it's rude to query a man's musical taste, so enjoy them all. :thumleft:
drum.gif
drum.gif (26.4 KiB) Viewed 509 times
Let's dance
Letsdancebitches.gif
Letsdancebitches.gif (203.22 KiB) Viewed 509 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
drum.gif
justinr73 wrote:I'd rather a kid listen to that than dance / rap or whatever they call that kind of tom kite these days.

Jaysus Justy, all our feckin' yesterdays, I thought you were a young fella. I don't think there is anyone of the Fleetwood Mac line up younger than me FFS. Unless they've brought in some new blood of about 50. >EW

Anyway, I told it's rude to query a man's musical taste, so enjoy them all. :thumleft:
drum.gif
Let's dance
Letsdancebitches.gif
This year I'm away to see Fleetwood for the 4th time Bags ;-)
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shammy I recall when courting Mrs Trousers in the late seventies we bought "Rumours", it holds certain fond memories though I couldn't say if we still have the vinyl.

I am not immune to their charms, though unlike most of my friends of similar age, I am not stuck in a time warp listening to Elvis, Elton John, Freddie and the friggin Dreamers, the Dave Clark 5 or in one very sad case, the Band of the Scots Dragoon Guards playing military favourites on bloody begpipes.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

The 73 in my user name is a clue to my date of birth!

I too would not usually question anybody's musical taste (unless it's dance 'music'!).

In the last 25 yesars, I've seen pretty much everything from your Spice Girls/Girls Aloud/Kylie to Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine, Ned's Atomic Dustbin and the Frank and Walters, via Metallica, Neil DIamond, Leonard Cohen, Johnny Cash, Tony Bennett, Cat Stevens, Nick Cave and back through The Pixies, The Breeders, Aha, Adam Ant, Human League, the B52s and Morrissey (a lot).

And you know what?

I can't recall having a bad night at any of them.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Justin. 73 vintage is a "young fella" to Baggy >EW
Big Neville Southall
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
damianmcr wrote:Listening to Ludovico Einaudi the past two days. Enjoying his work so far.

He's alright; apparently (I say "apparently" cos I know feck all) he's a bit simplistic, but I like it all the same.

Baggy - the Edge has one effects pedal, and no shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8dZwXnMrRU

U2 do have some good stuff, but thon Edge has been pulling the same tom kite for 30 years.
That's as may be Baldy, he would not be my listening choice of the three guys, I like Jimmy Page but I think Jack White is a magician - and ever so slightly fecking mad. That documentary starts with him nailing a few bits of wood together, nailing wire in place, attaching the electrics and getting a raucous noise with a slide and getting music out of the most perfunctory whacking together of basic materials.

IN any event, there are few things in life as much a question of taste as music - yours may be shyte, mine of course is impeccable and I do have 2 U2 albums, both given to me, I listen to them no times a year. >EW

White is excellent. The Raconteurs are excellent, in particular.
It's the hope that kills you.