Glasgow v Ulster - Play Off Semi Final

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Glasgow v Ulster - Play Off Semi Final

Post by BaggyTrousers »

shamalicious wrote:Robbie D should be starting instead of Lew with Hendo into the second row surely?
I like the selection, if we did as you suggest, we'd be more or less screwed for a bit of impetus later, not that it's the strongest bench you will ever see. They are stronger as a 23, could be a problem if our 15 don't bitchslap theirs. :roll:
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Thu May 21, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

austintranslation wrote:
Tazz #15 wrote:
austintranslation wrote:Thought Warwick should have started instead of Lutton purely on making more appearances this season, but apart from that can't really complain.
Warwick's a loosehead
So he is. Apologies for my incompetence.

He has played tighthead though, to be fair. Just about handled Healy at home to Leinster, last year, in The Night of the Tipping Toners . . .
It's the hope that kills you.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote:
HoneyBadger wrote:Is there any reason why Allen is preferred to nelson(injured?) or scholes?
On previous outings my purely honest opinion would be ... he's better!
If we are playing the smothering attritional game that I hope to see, he's defensively stronger than Nelson or Scholes. If this game were at home Nelson may have got the nod. Allen does have hands like feet mind you........
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

No iHump :shock:

Like that team, given the injuries -game on :red:
Finished
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Rovi Snave wrote:No iHump :shock:

Doak is seemingly not plotting an Anscomb-esque pay-off then :lol:
Last edited by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin on Thu May 21, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's the hope that kills you.
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
Rovi Snave wrote:No iHump :shock:

Doak is semmngly not plotting an Anscomb-esque pay-off then :lol:
:lol: Let's hope not :shock:
Finished
HoneyBadger
Novice

Post by HoneyBadger »

I love how people compare players on our team vs the other we always have the better players, but our success in these types of matches never matches the ratings that's a very good Glasgow side and they have the stronger bench which may hold the difference.
Using Tapatalk
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Again I thought the only question concerning starting selection, was which way round in the back and second rows were we going to select Diack and Hendo.
Then he selects Stevenson!
I give up.

Full strength I would back us anywhere against anyone but replacing averageness for excellence in the front 5 with the loss of Herbst and VDM neutralises an area where we normally are strong and expect to gain an edge.
This makes Glasgow the big favourites in my book.

I hope they are complacent in that knowledge and the more I think about it the more I think we need Henderson to have one of those massive games again as he is made for the big stage.
Anything good this season we have done, he has been heavily involved in and the reverse can also be said.
He is the leader by example and a great talisman that the others seem to follow and my little hopes are tied to him more than any other factor.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

bazzaj wrote:Again I thought the only question concerning starting selection, was which way round in the back and second rows were we going to select Diack and Hendo.
Then he selects Stevenson!
I give up.

Full strength I would back us anywhere against anyone but replacing averageness for excellence in the front 5 with the loss of Herbst and VDM neutralises an area where we normally are strong.
This makes Glasgow the big favourites in my book.

I hope they are complacent in that knowledge and the more I think about it the more I think we need Henderson to have one of those massive games again as he is made for the big stage.
Anything good this season we have done, he has been heavily involved in and the reverse can also be said.
He is the leader by example and a great talisman that the others seem to follow and my hopes are tied to him more than any other factor.
Louis has more grunt and a bit of animal about him in the maul.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

We do maul well which I think is a weapon we really under use.
It may well signal our intention to do that snipe as we can recall that was the way we played them at home extremely effectively under Kiss and they had no answer to.
Remember fondly Herbst standing off a ruck in midfield, planting his foot as solid as a rock instigating a maul where we savaged them and got a kickable penalty from.
Good point but lets see the maul then!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:Well its not Nigel Owens. He is in charge of the Munster Ospreys game on Sat. No chance of neutral refs for the semi finals? :roll:
As far as possible they have the officials from the away team during the league - makes it doubly hard for Ulster of course - but yes, you'd have thought they could have had neutrals for the semis. They did last season from memory.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Well its not Nigel Owens. He is in charge of the Munster Ospreys game on Sat. No chance of neutral refs for the semi finals? :roll:
As far as possible they have the officials from the away team during the league - makes it doubly hard for Ulster of course - but yes, you'd have thought they could have had neutrals for the semis. They did last season from memory.
They did. Hodges for us v Leinster and Mitrea for Glasgow v Munster.

Since Owens is in charge of Munster v Ospreys, does that rule him out of the final? I've never heard of a team getting the same ref two weeks in a row.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

bazzaj wrote:Anything good this season we have done, he has been heavily involved in and the reverse can also be said.
.dias eb osla nac esrever eht dna ni devlovni ylivaeh neeb sah eh ,enod evah ew nosaes siht doog gnihtynA :scratch:

Has Rumn gone contagious?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

Match game squad looks good,Glasgow will not know what has hit them,cmon Ulster BELIEVE, i do. :red: :fleg:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ruckover wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
They did. Hodges for us v Leinster and Mitrea for Glasgow v Munster.

Since Owens is in charge of Munster v Ospreys, does that rule him out of the final? I've never heard of a team getting the same ref two weeks in a row.
If munter get there they will have their referee