Schools Cup 2016

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by ChuckleBrothers »

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Watched CCB beat MCB this morning and learnt a number of things. MCB are well off the pace and will not get past their first cup game. CCB are a good side but Ballymena are a better side snd I stand by my belief that Ballymena will win the schools cup. The Aussie prop for CCB is a cracking player and a real, genuine prospect and he's lower 6th!!! 'If' CCB could cut out the nonsense that resulted in multiple penalties that were not capitalised on they could mount a serious challenge. CCB/ RBAI are good sides but Ballymena have the best balance and the best pack overall but watch out for Coleraine as well who are on s 5 game winning streak including wins over CCB and MCB.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Coincidentally CCB are hosting Ballymena tomorrow morning.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

lw7 wrote:Coincidentally CCB are hosting Ballymena tomorrow morning.
At ccb?
The King is dead. Long live the King.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

On the hallow'd turf at Fox's Field 10.30. Dissenters, commoners and agnostics most welcome.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Any scores from today's games? I was doing hockey dad today so I couldn't get to any matches.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Beattiespastie wrote:Any scores from today's games? I was doing hockey dad today so I couldn't get to any matches.
From reading your thoughts on this thread surely Ballymena will beat CCB by 10-20 points.

Haven't heard anything but my money is on CCB.
MarcoPolo
Novice

Post by MarcoPolo »

Beattiespastie wrote:Any scores from today's games? I was doing hockey dad today so I couldn't get to any matches.
12/12/2015
Campbell College 21 vs 15 Ballymena Academy
Wellington College 10 vs 49 Lurgan College
Cambridge House GS 15 vs 3 Larne GS
Antrim Grammar 14 vs 17 Belfast high School
Limavady Grammar 5 vs 36 Dalriada
09/12/2015
Bangor GS 10 vs 10 Wallace High School

Also St Michaels 21 RBAI 5 (I think)

From in touch site
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Cheers Marco :D
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Beattiespastie wrote:Cheers Marco :D
Not the scoreline you thought?
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Sticking to my prediction King :D By all accounts a game of fine margins but fair play to CCB for the win. As I mentioned before CCBs penalty count is going to come back to haunt them in the cup. Ballymena for me :D
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Beattiespastie wrote:Sticking to my prediction King :D By all accounts a game of fine margins but fair play to CCB for the win. As I mentioned before CCBs penalty count is going to come back to haunt them in the cup. Ballymena for me :D
CCB will be hard to beat. Ballymena by all accounts will be there or there abouts.

MCB, CAI and RBAI come cup time will be tough places to go.

Too tight to call if you ask me.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

No doubting CCB, Ballymena and RBAI are the front runners with good packs and talented backs. MCB are not in the running this year for me unless they can field a full uninjured squad in particular their captain (8) Zac Jordan who gives them tries and go forward ball. It is a close call but that's the beauty of the schools cup.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Great result for WHS at RBAI yesterday. As I mentioned previously I think RBAI are a good side but they are a leaky bucket but they still have time to tighten that up. Coleraine continue their great run in what has been a good season thus far and it would be great to see them go well in the Schools cup.
MarcoPolo
Novice

Post by MarcoPolo »

i rate WHS - said that earlier in this thread. Would love to see a team outside of the city win this year for a change ! Great outlook for the cup though as there are several teams who have real potential and no runaway at this stage. Unfortunately for you Beattie there are plenty who are pretty relieved that MCB are seriously out of form this season - but again with the experience of their coaches you would imagine they can turn this around come cup season. All has gone quiet from you chuckles ??