Ulster v Zebre Fri 4th Mar 7:35pm BBCNI

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Beattiespastie
Squire

Re: Ulster v Zebre Fri 4th Mar 7:35pm BBCNI

Post by Beattiespastie »

It's probably unfair to scrutinise a youngster like Stockdale when it's obvious he has great potential but i just think Scholes has more raw talent & speed and we are letting him go?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Deraless wrote:My MOTM was the guy who was shown on screen in close up shaking his head in exasperation after we had just knocked on again.
Mervyn?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

If it was the chubby grey haired guy, it was Davy from CI... Goes everywhere with Ulster. Great clubman but feckin cr# p tight head... Only joking Davy :duck: :thumleft:
Exterminate all rational thought
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:If it was the chubby grey haired guy, it was Davy from CI... Goes everywhere with Ulster. Great clubman but feckin cr# p tight head... Only joking Davy :duck: :thumleft:
Met him a few times
Good lad for a CIman
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Beattiespastie wrote:It's probably unfair to scrutinise a youngster like Stockdale when it's obvious he has great potential but i just think Scholes has more raw talent & speed and we are letting him go?
Can we please stop this rubbish that we're just "letting Scholes go"?

We tried to keep him, but in the end he got a far more appealing offer from Edinburgh. The only way we could have kept Scholes was by offering him a starting position on a regular basis next season and there was no way we could offer him that.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Ok, 32-0 win. Let's try and find a few positives:
- Nick Williams: very good, not just with ball in hand but in defence too
- Pete Browne: another decent game to back up last week, although there were a couple of errors e.g. going off his feet after Ruan's hack through
- Stuart Olding and Luke Marshall: worked well as a partnership, Marshall's dummy pass in the second half was incredible
- Defence in general: yes it's Zebre but it's still nice to nil a team, and they were threatening a few times too
- Bonus point: nearly didn't get it, but at least we did

And that's really scraping the barrel.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Beattiespastie wrote:I watched Stockdale at senior school level and he was excellent but I just don't think he is ready at 19 for the starting birth week in week out. He is undoubtedly a great raw talent and by God when he fills out we have another McCloskey size wise but at this moment of time I don't see explosive power in his running .
Hed make a good 6!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Positives

Nick plays rugby ergo he stands out a mile.
Luke has his mojo back, he ran the defence and cut some good lines.
... Ermmmmm

Capn Grumpy gave Clowncy a solid earful, not vulgar not abusive.... Quality sledging... Made zero difference though, he was determined as ever that a game should not break out under his watch, both teams decided not to give him the pleasure of ruining a good game by serving up a shat fest.

My Singapore chow mein with black bean sauce wasnt bad.... And the Guinness was OK.

That concludes my match report.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

ruckover wrote: - Pete Browne: another decent game to back up last week, although there were a couple of errors e.g. going off his feet after Ruan's hack through.
By his own standards, I thought PB had a very good game, appeared to be involved wherever he could be.
Showed an excellent turn of speed to follow up RP's hack through and was unlucky with the bounce.
Clancy was looking for something and got it when Browne's scrum cap brushed the turf, so the penalty was awarded.
Credit to Browne when credits due!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Russ wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:If it was the chubby grey haired guy, it was Davy from CI... Goes everywhere with Ulster. Great clubman but feckin cr# p tight head... Only joking Davy :duck: :thumleft:
Met him a few times
Good lad for a CIman
Touche :cheers: damned by faint praise :lol:
Exterminate all rational thought
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

CI could do with him now, pity he has been nowhere near the club for years they could do with some old hands going back and sorting out the mess its in, CI Pride of the east, walking up the Belmont Road :roll:

Mr CI MAN when they going to sack a coach that has not won a game all year. It's embarrassing for what was once a good club, some good people up there and anytime I have went I was always made welcome, well except by the knobs from their tennis section :lol:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

ruckover wrote:
Beattiespastie wrote:It's probably unfair to scrutinise a youngster like Stockdale when it's obvious he has great potential but i just think Scholes has more raw talent & speed and we are letting him go?
Can we please stop this rubbish that we're just "letting Scholes go"?

We tried to keep him, but in the end he got a far more appealing offer from Edinburgh. The only way we could have kept Scholes was by offering him a starting position on a regular basis next season and there was no way we could offer him that.
ruck… was Scholes on a full contract or still on a development one and when was it up ?

from what I have seen I prefer Scholes and I am not sure that Bowe & Trimble aren't showing signs of age/injury. Hopefully Nelson when fit again can continue his progress and we have Ludik and Charles who can play wing and 15 which presumably will push Scholes well down the pecking order.

It seems however we also have an abundance of 12/13 with Olding, McCloskey, Cave, Payne and Marshall if and all fit and well having to fit in the 2 places… all well and good for SID I just wish we had more at 9-10 and 1-8. Some are getting very excited at the world class back row we will have next year but apart from the new addition I don't see it just yet.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

for the record another tom kite performance. I picked up from the TV coverage that Ferris & Ward are suggesting it is the players that need to stand up… Andys think World Domination is going nowhere…
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Russ wrote:
Met him a few times
Good lad for a CIman
Propped against him once, had him in my back pocket the whole game.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Russ wrote:
Met him a few times
Good lad for a CIman
Propped against him once, had him in my back pocket the whole game.
Did he get your wallet in the end?