Ulster sides in UBL

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster sides in UBL

Post by Kofi Annan »

UR13IRFU wrote:the standard of rugby has definitely went up in 1A this year, all the Leinster clubs have kept settled squads and have a far superior pool of academy players to call up compared with some of the players Ulster have sent us. Another example is young munster who have a South Africa u-19 scrum half and who has also played for Natal Sharks at their disposal, so that shows some of the quality of other teams in 1A and we get Rowely lol. Hinch have really struggled with the constant turnaround of players heading to greener pastures for pro contracts and a few that have gotten senior call ups to Ulster. Crazy to think McCloskey has went from playing in 1A to Six nations in a year and kyle has rightfully got a chance this season. Another major problem has been ulster only a few weeks ago pulling 3 players on Saturday at 11am due to the fact that 3 match days subs were injured and could potentially miss ulster game a week later. Sums up how ulster feel about club rugby .
Your not really being Serious and Claiming McCloskey as a Hinch player , oh my good feck
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

therealspratt wrote:Hinch somehow manage to wrangle themselves a playoff place to try and stop themselves going down into 1B. It'll almost be a shame if they don't go down as it'll highlight the poor state of club rugby in Ulster and hopefully force the hand of the Branch to do something to try and rectify it.

What was the team that did so well on Saturday?
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Kofi Annan wrote:
therealspratt wrote:Hinch somehow manage to wrangle themselves a playoff place to try and stop themselves going down into 1B. It'll almost be a shame if they don't go down as it'll highlight the poor state of club rugby in Ulster and hopefully force the hand of the Branch to do something to try and rectify it.

It was a great result for Hinch certainly, however it's not a great situation when the best club in Ulster can hardly buy a win for most of the season and only start to get results when other sides haven't much to play for.
striker
Novice

Post by striker »

If HInch beat Buccaneers and say Ballymena beat Trinity who would have home advantage for the playoff?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Hinch
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

therealspratt wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

It was a great result for Hinch certainly, however it's not a great situation when the best club in Ulster can hardly buy a win for most of the season and only start to get results when other sides haven't much to play for.
Is it not the case that they've won 4 out of their last 6 AIL games or some such?

I was having a cursory glance through the irishrugby site and noticed that they've had Windsor at ten a lot more frequently of late and there has been no sign of Master Rowley.

Coincidence? Who knows, I do note he wasn't even on the bench for Ballynahinch on Saturday.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Banbridge doing well
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

BuckRogers wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

Is it not the case that they've won 4 out of their last 6 AIL games or some such?

I was having a cursory glance through the irishrugby site and noticed that they've had Windsor at ten a lot more frequently of late and there has been no sign of Master Rowley.

Coincidence? Who knows, I do note he wasn't even on the bench for Ballynahinch on Saturday.
To be accurate and fair to Paul Rowley, I understand he was unavailable for last Saturday's match due to illness/injury. If fit he would at least made the bench
cheese
Initiate

Post by cheese »

I read Larkin is leavin quins and MclGloc is heading back to Hinch as DOR. Wonder who else is moving.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Is McLaughlin not signed to Armagh for a defined number of years as DoR?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

cheese wrote:I read Larkin is leavin quins and MclGloc is heading back to Hinch as DOR. Wonder who else is moving.

I believe the new Quins set up like Malones will be a step in the wrong direction .I too thought McLocks was tied into Armagh for several years.
UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

Hinch won well after a shocking 1st 20mins. Bmena beat 25:20 and think Banbridge got beaten by UCC
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

UR13IRFU wrote:Hinch won well after a shocking 1st 20mins. Bmena beat 25:20 and think Banbridge got beaten by UCC
Ucc tool a big lead
Bb fought back
Ucc pulled away

Think it ended 21 43
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Did Rowley play for Hinch?
UR13IRFU
Novice