Ulster v Ospreys MOTM

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Ulster v Ospreys MOTM

Charles Piutau
No votes
Craig Gilroy
No votes
Tommy Bowe
No votes
Jared Payne
5%
Darren Cave
2%
Louis Ludik
86%
Paddy Jackson
No votes
Paul Marshall
No votes
Ruan Pienaar
2%
Kyle McCall
No votes
Callum Black
No votes
Rory Best
2%
John Andrew
No votes
Rodney Ah You
No votes
Ross Kane
No votes
Alan O'Connor
No votes
Kieran Treadwell
No votes
Franco van der Merwe
2%
Robbie Diack
No votes
Sean Reidy
No votes
Roger Wilson
No votes
Clive Ross 52
No votes

Total votes: 44

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Ulster v Ospreys MOTM

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Snipe Watson wrote:
againstthehead wrote:I thought Rory was effective at the breakdown. Ludik was very very good.
How many turnovers did he win? They bossed the breakdown all night.
He won at least 2, which is fairly impressive given the emphasis this year on reffing for quick attacking ball. 1st one was near our own try line, as well.
It's the hope that kills you.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Ulster Rugby ‏@UlsterRugby 13h
@OKissy says @louisludik was his Man of the Match. Brilliant performance from the South African tonight!
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

I think our front row turned over more ball than our back row? Rodders got his hands on one as well.

Whitehouse spent the first 10 mins penalising us for being on the wrong side within a second of hitting the deck, and the next 70 waving at p/Ruan that the ball was coming for about 5 seconds. Certainly slowed us down. But hey, he got the last one right anyway.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
againstthehead wrote:I thought Rory was effective at the breakdown. Ludik was very very good.
They did indeed Snipe, however their method was usually to have some guy in the side to take a leg/the legs of our would be turnover winner, thereby preventing any. Young Whitehouse seemed happy with it................... me not so much.

Have I missed a law change, can anyone come in from anywhere? They could tonight.
Tipuric was fringing offside at every single ruck and if he's not at it, Wyn-Jones is. Tipuric's bright blue hat seems to give him a McCaw like cloak of invisibility. They were far too streetwise for us. Webb is another one who makes a nuisance of himself, blocking defenders and generally getting in the way. He made a mug out of Marshall on any number of occasions.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Webb also managed to win a penalty with the old Leinster passing the ball straight at player on the wrong side with his arms in the air. Reidy I think it was.
Reidy should have had the sense to lie down as he was cleared from the ruck but he was trying to get back.
Any time we try that the ref just waves his arms and says play on for some reason.

Ospreys were offside loads. We should have been testing the boundaries too.

Webb's scrum feeding was ludicrous too.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Deraless wrote:Webb also managed to win a penalty with the old Leinster passing the ball straight at player on the wrong side with his arms in the air. Reidy I think it was.
Reidy should have had the sense to lie down as he was cleared from the ruck but he was trying to get back.
Any time we try that the ref just waves his arms and says play on for some reason.

Webb is a scummy toerag
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
They did indeed Snipe, however their method was usually to have some guy in the side to take a leg/the legs of our would be turnover winner, thereby preventing any. Young Whitehouse seemed happy with it................... me not so much.

Have I missed a law change, can anyone come in from anywhere? They could tonight.
Tipuric was fringing offside at every single ruck and if he's not at it, Wyn-Jones is. Tipuric's bright blue hat seems to give him a McCaw like cloak of invisibility. They were far too streetwise for us. Webb is another one who makes a nuisance of himself, blocking defenders and generally getting in the way. He made a mug out of Marshall on any number of occasions.
That of course was the big fear, possibly the best opposing 9 in the league to send out your second string against. :roll: I couldn't get my head around Ruan not appearing at the start of the second half. Clearly Les has either balls of steel or cobalt cobblers.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
Deraless wrote:Webb also managed to win a penalty with the old Leinster passing the ball straight at player on the wrong side with his arms in the air. Reidy I think it was.

Webb is a scummy toerag

................. but a bloody great player, I'd take him as Ruan's replacement if all options were open - which of course they aren't.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Reidy was down
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Webb is a scummy toerag

................. but a bloody great player, I'd take him as Ruan's replacement if all options were open - which of course they aren't.
Cheating wee git should have been carded for chucking ball away into the crowd numerous times to stop quick throws or penalties
Rory Best
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Russ wrote:

Reidy was down
Reidy knew exactly what he was doing. He was down but he raised himself just enough to get in the way. I agree Webb flung it straight into him, but Reidy definitely was aware of what was going on. One of those calls that a sympathetic ref won't give, but most will.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Lulu and I haven't seen the game :lol:

Is this the most comprehensive result in the history of Fermain"s MOTM awards? and who does the numpty who always used to vote for iHumph plump for now :scratch:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:Lulu and I haven't seen the game Image

Is this the most comprehensive result in the history of Fermain"s MOTM awards? and who does the numpty who always used to vote for iHumph plump for now :scratch:
p
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

ruckover wrote:
Russ wrote:

Reidy was down
Reidy knew exactly what he was doing. He was down but he raised himself just enough to get in the way. I agree Webb flung it straight into him, but Reidy definitely was aware of what was going on. One of those calls that a sympathetic ref won't give, but most will.
I'm really not sure about this. I only saw it live, haven't watched it back, but when he got off the ground Reidy didn't interfere with any of Webb's options at all. I thought he was well out of the line of any pass Webb could make. And Webb chucked it at him.

How Webb got away with his antics the whole game is beyond me. By the end it did look like he was on his last warning though and I imagine any more knobbery would have been carded.

That's a good Ospreys side we stopped.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Bakebook are loving p cos "he didn't make any mistakes."

Some also pointing out without any irony or sense of implication that "Well Paddy didn't have a great game."

Still others (those in the bar or visually impaired presumably; I did see that one blind man on a galloping horse) also pointed out that "things didn't change after Ruan came on."