Ulster v Cardiff & yes it's on TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Cardiff & yes it's on TV

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:I doubt if Ulster are behind the 8 ball, more a case of being snookered and the holes blocked if you ask me.

It looks more like a team picked to play a mobile game than one of attrition, the backline is one which most would have few doubts about--- the problem is the back row and in truth back row has been a problem all season--- so what's different ?

Frankly, I've a pile of concerns about the backline Ron. There are 3 selections that I doubt in personnel and position.

My question to class is this, is Les trying to oblige Cave to ask for a release from his contract?

However I whilst you correctly identify the backrow as an issue, a perfectly good backrow was available, Les has managed to get 2 out of 4 correct. :roll:

Timoney is, unfortunately, a stupid selection, he should have been played when we were mopping up the dross in the last 6 games if he was to be used when the sharp end has arrived. No harm to him, may he be truly wonderful if and when he comes on, but just say that's after 5 minutes and he faces a good backrow with zero experience, possibly the strongest part of the Cardiff team. Appalling stupidity.

I really have to wonder is Les Kiss anywhere close to good enough to run a club, he obviously has some strengths or he would not have been in Kidney & Schmidt's international coaching team for so long. Maybe he learned selection from Schmidt & as we know, he's shyte at it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

re the back I did say "most "

Les might be right in holding back on some as Welsh teams usually don't play forward focused games but you can be 100% assured Munster will
And to be honest I'd hate to see that back row and bench being selected against Munster or Leinster

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
rumncoke wrote:I doubt if Ulster are behind the 8 ball, more a case of being snookered and the holes blocked if you ask me.

It looks more like a team picked to play a mobile game than one of attrition, the backline is one which most would have few doubts about--- the problem is the back row and in truth back row has been a problem all season--- so what's different ?

Frankly, I've a pile of concerns about the backline Ron. There are 3 selections that I doubt in personnel and position.

My question to class is this, is Les trying to oblige Cave to ask for a release from his contract?

However I whilst you correctly identify the backrow as an issue, a perfectly good backrow was available, Les has managed to get 2 out of 4 correct. :roll:

Timoney is, unfortunately, a stupid selection, he should have been played when we were mopping up the dross in the last 6 games if he was to be used when the sharp end has arrived. No harm to him, may he be truly wonderful if and when he comes on, but just say that's after 5 minutes and he faces a good backrow with zero experience, possibly the strongest part of the Cardiff team. Appalling stupidity.

I really have to wonder is Les Kiss anywhere close to good enough to run a club, he obviously has some strengths or he would not have been in Kidney & Schmidt's international coaching team for so long. Maybe he learned selection from Schmidt & as we know, he's shyte at it.
That friggin ten try whoopin for Zebre was the game to test nippers. I am, however, more concerned about Roger. He is an absolute liability.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

OK, it's Friday and work ends soon, Ulster are Brill, Les is Brill, our Backs are the best in Europe and our choice of big hitters in our pack is such that we can leave the colossal Rodders on the bench(reinforced). Let's get behind the team and join in when the band strikes up endless choruses of SUFTUM.
Enough of all this negativity, ya shower of miserable K's.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Absolutely, Dave, Roger is a beaten docket and what's worse, the poor man knows it. Tonight he faces backrow players who he is well aware are streets ahead of his current ability.

He will, of course, give what he can and hopefully have a decent hour but it is just woeful selection when you are facing a not very good pack but one where their backrow is the best part of their pack.

I despair of the selections the current regime has come up with time after time. It's as if a no-brain like Donald Trump was picking it to do maximum damage.

Feck off Tender :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Les ain't brill, Les is showing himself to be the progeny of a moron crossed with a demented cretin to produce a fuc'kin' numpty. Maybe Jono will make a man of him.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

If Rodders can late hit Cowboy jnr with a shoulder to the gob, that be great.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Do we know for certain the back row ISN'T a forced selection?
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

shamalicious wrote:Do we know for certain the back row ISN'T a forced selection?
Japan?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote: I'm not a paid up member of the UAB brigade though, must see if I can break the Internet tomorrow night :D
They'll be tracking everything
Wouldn't be surprised if they configure the network to track you after you leave

Also expect adverts

They won't track me Russ I can assure you of that :D Orbot works wonders :lol:
That doesn't do anything to stop tracking using WiFi as this uses the MAC address on the phone which is in the phone hardware. You don't even need to register on the WiFi, the access point still knows that a particular phone is within range and can record this information.

Some public transport systems are already using this to track passengers around the network - it provides more information about how people use the network but also helps them sell more advertising...although UR won't be that sophisticated.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

shamalicious wrote:Do we know for certain the back row ISN'T a forced selection?
Someone who talks sense!

Henry is injured. Timoney on bench to give more cover at 7 than CRoss would.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

No Shammy, not for certain, but normally UR say if guys are unavailable through injury.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ruckover wrote:
Someone who talks sense!

What do you mean sense? No announcement to that effect, are we supposed to guess? Could you in your infinite wisdom not have appraised us of this sooner?

Now that would have made sense.

What is the issue with Henry?

And fifth & final question, if Henry has been injured since the Dragons game, WTFF is Roger doing there in preference to Ross, why is the lad sold to us by UR as a 2nd row/backrow not doing the job with Franco (suppose he's injured too :roll: ) in the 2nd row?

These were all possibilities, Timoney against the dross was a definite possibility, but no we wait until backed into a corner, eh?

Final, final question, does that make sense to you, because I'd describe it as unnecessary firefighting. I suspect given how Cardiff have played in all but 30 minutes of their last 160 that we could embarrass ourselves tonight, and I'm blaming dumb selection, not just this week but certainly over the past 2 months, maybe over the season.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mikerob wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote: I'm not a paid up member of the UAB brigade though, must see if I can break the Internet tomorrow night :D
They'll be tracking everything
Wouldn't be surprised if they configure the network to track you after you leave

Also expect adverts

They won't track me Russ I can assure you of that :D Orbot works wonders :lol:
That doesn't do anything to stop tracking using WiFi as this uses the MAC address on the phone which is in the phone hardware. You don't even need to register on the WiFi, the access point still knows that a particular phone is within range and can record this information.

Some public transport systems are already using this to track passengers around the network - it provides more information about how people use the network but also helps them sell more advertising...although UR won't be that sophisticated.
Sure MAC adressess can be spoofed as well :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Cognitive dissonance.
We are all Brill and I love Les, Rodders and beagle.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
ruckover wrote:
Someone who talks sense!

What do you mean sense? No announcement to that effect, are we supposed to guess? Could you in your infinite wisdom not have appraised us of this sooner?

Now that would have made sense.

What is the issue with Henry?

And fifth & final question, if Henry has been injured since the Dragons game, WTFF is Roger doing there in preference to Ross, why is the lad sold to us by UR as a 2nd row/backrow not doing the job with Franco (suppose he's injured too :roll: ) in the 2nd row?

These were all possibilities, Timoney against the dross was a definite possibility, but no we wait until backed into a corner, eh?

Final, final question, does that make sense to you, because I'd describe it as unnecessary firefighting. I suspect given how Cardiff have played in all but 30 minutes of their last 160 that we could embarrass ourselves tonight, and I'm blaming dumb selection, not just this week but certainly over the past 2 months, maybe over the season.
If Cross is fit he should have started with Timoney on the bench. Roger should be nowhere near the team. Give him a send off vs the baabaas and he can drive off into the sunset (under the limit).