Who will decide

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Who will decide

Post by rumncoke »

it took her 36 hours to 139 like minded feminists to fund the add

139 people think they have the right to tell the IRFU to ignore the Human Rights Act .

the is really only one word to describe them

MORONS

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

I wonder how many of these 'Concerned Fans' that placed the advertisement in the Telegraph are actual fans of Ulster Rugby - or even club rugby.

Maybe they could enlighten everyone about their loyalty to either Ulster or their local clubs.
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

WeeWorld wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:There is also a anti Northern Ireland angle of this by the southern Media and the population there with any real dissent here in the North coming from people with a slightly nationalist view (that is fact go look if i have offended anyone)
The protesters aren't coming from rugby/nationalism, they are SJWs and they have their tails up big time over abortion and this case with its gory details is manna from heaven
That's why they are being deliberately vague about the fact that it's not an Irish justice system case
Has any else been aware or taken the view that we've taken the brunt or more than our fair share
of bad press from the "Tele" throughout this whole saga. Now I well am aware that it's the local rag
around these here parts and hence will always be to the forefront with local news. I've actually
thought this for a while now but have watched it closely since the verdict. In my past life @ here
with "The Papers" I had a series of news feeds set up to trawl all headlines about or around UR.
These pulled from far and wide & I still use these feeds myself on a daily basis for my own consumption.
I've looked at things and on a regular basis since the verdict & more than 40%+ of all negative press
on many days can be attributed to the BT. On the flip side I can also see that certain sports based websites
with a large rugby following have tempered their reporting since the whole social media war took hold.

This advert today has definitely cemented my gut feeling re the Tele and the trial in general. Surely
someone within had to make a call on whether this ad should have been run or not. I'd like to
understand their thinking given the who distasteful social media FU. I just get the feeling that
there are certain people just want this to run and run.

>threaten
Last edited by Mac on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Why have WE not organised a petition?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Setanta wrote:Why have WE not organised a petition?
..............we'd need a chip on our shoulder first. :roll:
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

jean valjean has put this forward on 'Ulster Rugby's Hour of need'. He would like 100 supporters with £20 to sponsor the advertisement.

Just let him know.

Someone has to stand up to the hashtagcrap
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

So has paddys latest statement helped or hindered his cause?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

jean valjean wrote:So has paddys latest statement helped or hindered his cause?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I thought it was well worded.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Helped I would say. I wonder is it part of a controlled defusing by the IRFU.

The Twatterers won't care.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Jackie Brown wrote:Helped I would say. I wonder is it part of a controlled defusing by the IRFU.

Correct on all points JB
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

He's expressed regret that people have been hurt or taken offence at things he said or did that weren't intended to cause hurt or offence. Fair enough.

As above, it smells of IRFU, also fair enough
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jackie Brown wrote:Helped I would say. I wonder is it part of a controlled defusing by the IRFU.

People who decide to go and use twatter to make some point are usually taking an extreme stance. Nobody goes on to sit on the fence. This humble apology will go a long way in rational thinking circles. Probably should have come sooner if anything.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Jackson's statement is the most intelligent move he has made since the verdict.
It may be choreographed with the rugby authorities and I hope it is.
Olding got a lot of credit for something similar last week.

On a separate note, maybe its the general siege mentality up there but it is absolute piffle to think that southern attitudes are affected by "nationalism" or "religion".
In my day to day experience down here, men take a wholly different attitude to women about what happened. Nothing to do with traditional politics at all
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

Dublin4 wrote:On a separate note, maybe its the general siege mentality up there but it is absolute piffle to think that southern attitudes are affected by "nationalism" or "religion".
I'll take your word for that south of the border, down Mexico way, but up here there are many nationalists who take every opportunity to have a go at Ulster Rugby and Northern Ireland football teams. They will support RoI and Munster or Leinster (or at least give lip service to that) whilst decrying everything and anything about Windsor park and Ravenspan.

Truth doesn't matter to many of them - if there's no bandwagon to jump onto, they're not slow to invent stories to be offended by, or to show how nasty us Nordies are.

That's not siege mentality, btw, it's what can be seen to anyone with eyes up here, especially if you frequent certain areas.

It does not represent all nationalists, not by a long way, and more are now being attracted by Ulster Rugby and even Northern Ireland footy, but it does represent a significant part of nationalists even now.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dublin4 wrote:Jackson's statement is the most intelligent move he has made since the verdict.
It may be choreographed with the rugby authorities and I hope it is.
You can bet your bottom Euro is was choreographed and is part of the arrangement between the IRFU and Paddy's lawyers.
On a separate note, maybe its the general siege mentality up there but it is absolute piffle to think that southern attitudes are affected by "nationalism" or "religion".
In my day to day experience down here, men take a wholly different attitude to women about what happened. Nothing to do with traditional politics at all
In respect to this issue you are quite correct.
However, in the wider scheme of things, the IRFU is institutionally inclined towards a (small n) nationalist perspective. It is not neutral.

ps this isn't a dog whistle to open a flegs and anfums debate.