Japan RWC

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Re: Japan RWC

Post by againstthehead »

baaaaaaa another red card. Red cards are gonna kill this RWC.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Should have been a YC for England, tackle in the air. Nahhhhh we'll let that go sure.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

againstthehead wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:54 am baaaaaaa another red card. Red cards are gonna kill this RWC.
Better to have a lot of red cards than a dead(or badly injured) player, ATH.
I think they have seen a few players getting off too lightly in the earlier matches and the referees have been told to be more accurate and consistent when judging incidents of foul play. Owens got this one right, IMO.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Neil Francis is calling for the Ireland team to pack their bags and come home now. :roll:

Apart from his trademark silliness, if you could take it seriously,can you imagine the chaos of abandoning games and contractual commitments?

Even more weird, if Scotland beat Japan next week and we would have won the group anyway, abandoning the quarter would be surreal.

To be serious, a lot of the media seems to be bi-polar. Ireland are world beaters after Scotland and we are the dregs the next week. The truth is elsewhere.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dublin4 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:15 pm Neil Francis is calling for the Ireland team to pack their bags and come home now. :roll:

Apart from his trademark silliness, if you could take it seriously,can you imagine the chaos of abandoning games and contractual commitments?

Even more weird, if Scotland beat Japan next week and we would have won the group anyway, abandoning the quarter would be surreal.

To be serious, a lot of the media seems to be bi-polar. Ireland are world beaters after Scotland and we are the dregs the next week. The truth is elsewhere.
They've gone back to dregs who on their day can be occasional world beaters.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Had to laugh at King Brian O'Ballbeg suggesting that Rory should be replaced as Captain by Janny :lol: How long has he been waiting for the chance to trot that one out?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Refereeing by Berry is at joke level. Anything goes and he is losing control. The inconsistencies with others are marked. Deliberate foul play by same Tongan twice reviewed and endorsed.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Totally disagree.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Time will tell.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Sean Fitzpatrick describes both incidents as cheap shots. The second was also late.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Tonga have been lucky to keep all 15 on and more disappointed with the TMO and red for the relaxed attitude to cheap digs.

With regard Farrell at first glance I though he was on bender knee but still very surprised that he was not forced off to take a HIA notwithstanding his brains are in his Brennan.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

The World Rugby union changed the rules to emphasise 'player safety'. Two of these rule changes can be questioned, to say the least! The most obvious is the Mark. Used to have to catch the ball on two feet and call mark. Now you can catch it in the air as per Gaelic and indicate you want a free kick. Since this was introduced it has led to multiple yellow and red cards and injuries. The second questionable rule change has been to the ruck. Earlier you rucked the player and the ball with your head down and bound as in a scrum. The new rule does not allow the use of feet. The player(s) are permitted to use their shoulders in a counter ruck to clear the ball. Today the 'offending' player came in from the side and shoulder charged the rib area. This has been seen by some people as foul play. One could also say there was no other place to come in. The referee obviously judged it as penalty only. Now if you cannot use feet and now wish to rule out the shoulder then my question is how to counter the opposing team from slowing and even killing the ball in the ruck situation?

I should point out I am a Rugby Union supporter and ex-player of 20 years plus. I do not wish Union to become League, Soccer or tiddly-winks. I also think the referee of today's game was excellent and refereed to the rules of Rugby Union and the spirit of the game!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:18 am Tonga have been lucky to keep all 15 on and more disappointed with the TMO and red for the relaxed attitude to cheap digs.

With regard Farrell at first glance I though he was on bender knee but still very surprised that he was not forced off to take a HIA notwithstanding his brains are in his Brennan.
Hateful wee shytefulness notwithstanding you have to admire his ability to take digs like that.
Big Neville Southall
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Cockatrice wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:18 am Tonga have been lucky to keep all 15 on and more disappointed with the TMO and red for the relaxed attitude to cheap digs.

Correct, Cockers. No question in my mind but that he should have been taken off immediately for an HIA. Had that happened to an Ulster (or any) player at Ravenhill. I have no doubt he or she would have been off for ten minutes or permanently.
Bo***cks to Brexit
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:52 pm Had to laugh at King Brian O'Ballbeg suggesting that Rory should be replaced as Captain by Janny :lol: How long has he been waiting for the chance to trot that one out?
Never has a truer comment ever been posted on this site >appl >appl >appl
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.