The Current Ulster Squad

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: The Current Ulster Squad

Post by StandUp »

HammerTime wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:58 pm Kitschoff would be a cracking signing if it was alongside another two ignorant as sin forwards. Kitschoff on his own is practically pointless. Won’t make a jot of difference.
As much as I think Kitshoff is a cracking player, I think you may be correct.
In the current financial climate, and with the EPCR clowns stealing a fortune, I suspect UR might be regretting the deal.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Better to sign him than not have him. He will immediately improve the scrum. He, and hopefully a fit, Marty will not be bullied. A lot of our issues come down the loosehead side. Another NIQ signing has to be on the cards with Carter, Jeff and Duane offski.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Can we afford a half decent NIQ though?
I would rather not sign anyone than sign another overpaid, half baked player.
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Hard to argue, highly likely that there will be no Ulster players in the Irish first XV in France, difficult to accept for someone like myself from the era of Ringland/Irwin/McCoy/Carr/Matthews/Anderson/Crossan/Johns etc
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

I’m only leaving Henderson out for effect, although his place is by no means certain…
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Ireland have done perfectly well without Hendy. When dud he last deliver a big performance similar to what the likes of Beirne and POM have done.
He'll make the 23 but wouldn't start on current form. He has also become a bit of a penalty nachine
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

StandUp wrote:Can we afford a half decent NIQ though?
With three NIQs leaving, Shirley we can afford at least one?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Soda
Novice

Post by Soda »

We should be busting our holes to get a world class fly half, but we won't
As usual we have a bunch of talented backs wasted behind a rubbish pack (chock full of Leinster rejects) and a 2nd rate 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Dave wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:27 am
StandUp wrote:Can we afford a half decent NIQ though?
With three NIQs leaving, Shirley we can afford at least one?
Just one of the mind blowingly annoying things about pitchgate is that the £700k that JP says it cost would have covered either one brilliant or two pretty good signings for a season!
Soda
Novice

Post by Soda »

And as for the sick notes right now I'm making as much contribution as Addison ( as talented as he undoubtedly is )
In fact I'm actually doing more as I'm putting money in rather than taking it out

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Soda wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:47 am We should be busting our holes to get a world class fly half, but we won't
As usual we have a bunch of talented backs wasted behind a rubbish pack (chock full of Leinster rejects) and a 2nd rate 10

Yeah, much as I like Billy - mainly for his effort, his kicking from hand which is often inventive, his courage and his obvious dedication to staying on the pitch when used as a speed bump, we do need better.

I'd go out on a limb and say we could do worse than Paddy Jackson and/or Stu Olding, preferably both....but then people might accuse me of being rooted in 2018 when I was yet to get my state pension from Betty.

The fact is the FIRFUCs not only ruined the guy's careers but they ruined Ulster when those guys were getting to the peak of their ability, Jackson was a better player than Sexton in season 2017-18 but had to overcome not playing in blue or having a soft brogue or not having been to the right Dublin school.

Speaking of "Ruined" their next heinous act was to tell Ruan to bugger off whilst renewing the contract of Isa Nacewa who was fully 2 years old than Ruan. Don't let the bollix about producing your own 9 fool you, don't let "Cooney has been great" fool you, they took the decision to leave Ulster bereft and Cooney was not in the decision, that happened after the fact that they blew up Ulster and left us with the likes of Small p & Shanners.

I'm not Jesus, so I'll never forgive, never forget. Or to paraphrase Big Ian in Spanish: NUNCA, NUNCA, NUNCA

I'll be astonished if we get a temp replacement for Marty or any signing worth a damn barring The Red Menace, possibly the best all-round Loosie playing rugby today. I will be more than happy to be proved wrong.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Soda
Novice

Post by Soda »

Billy would be a fantastic back up 10 behind a proper 10, but we'll never get silverware with him starting
Had Sexton been a nordie we'd have won something in the past decade
(Sadly Paddy's ship has well and truly sailed)

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:17 am
Soda wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:47 am We should be busting our holes to get a world class fly half, but we won't

Yeah, much as I like Billy - mainly for his effort, his kicking from hand which is often inventive, his courage and his obvious dedication to staying on the pitch when used as a speed bump, we do need better.

I'd go out on a limb and say we could do worse than Paddy Jackson and/or Stu Olding, preferably both....but then people might accuse me of being rooted in 2018 when I was yet to get my state pension from Betty.

The fact is the FIRFUCs not only ruined the guy's careers but they ruined Ulster when those guys were getting to the peak of their ability, Jackson was a better player than Sexton in season 2017-18 but had to overcome not playing in blue or having a soft brogue or not having been to the right Dublin school.

Speaking of "Ruined" their next heinous act was to tell Ruan to bugger off whilst renewing the contract of Isa Nacewa who was fully 2 years old than Ruan. Don't let the bollix about producing your own 9 fool you, don't let "Cooney has been great" fool you, they took the decision to leave Ulster bereft and Cooney was not in the decision, that happened after the fact that they blew up Ulster and left us with the likes of Small p & Shanners.

I'm not Jesus, so I'll never forgive, never forget. Or to paraphrase Big Ian in Spanish: NUNCA, NUNCA, NUNCA

I'll be astonished if we get a temp replacement for Marty or any signing worth a damn barring The Red Menace, possibly the best all-round Loosie playing rugby today. I will be more than happy to be proved wrong.
I fully agree with all of that BT, but part of me hopes that if Ulster were to come calling, Paddy and Stu would tell them to go fcuk themselves. Even though we desperately need them.
They were treated shamefully, and I hope they are now happy in their new lives, and have forgotten all about this sh1tehole.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

A further thought. We have scraped up as many IQ players as we could, signed up some good and some less good from other provinces. Many of these guys such as Cooney, Timoney, and others show absolute dedication to the shirt - even if we do lose Cooney to Scotland.

Essentially we have done what the hated FIRFUCs have asked and have produced several homegrown players through the academy, be they Ulster born or academy 'educated/developed' from elsewhere in these islands but all IQ'd.

So now, the FIRFUCs having defrauded us of 700,000 will they give Ulster any support whatsoever? Not holding my breath, we're not Munster, not even Connacht, never mind their beloved Mexicans, the FIRFUC's province of choice.

It's enough - almost - to drive you to Wendyball :puker:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:27 pm A further thought. We have scraped up as many IQ players as we could, signed up some good and some less good from other provinces. Many of these guys such as Cooney, Timoney, and others show absolute dedication to the shirt - even if we do lose Cooney to Scotland.

Essentially we have done what the hated FIRFUCs have asked and have produced several homegrown players through the academy, be they Ulster born or academy 'educated/developed' from elsewhere in these islands but all IQ'd.

So now, the FIRFUCs having defrauded us of 700,000 will they give Ulster any support whatsoever? Not holding my breath, we're not Munster, not even Connacht, never mind their beloved Mexicans, the FIRFUC's province of choice.

It's enough - almost - to drive you to Wendyball :puker:

FIRFU will do sweet nanny Adams until the attendances start to fall then they will consider throwing us a few crumbs.
On another forum I note the speculation that a number of prominent Irish rugby players are on PEDs( performing enhancing drugs).
If any Ulster players are on PEDs they should sue the manufacturers because they ain't working.
Of course if you do take PEDs you can say the chemist gave you the wrong prescription. I'm sure that excuse has not be used. Or has it.?