Sat Jan 21 8pm Ulster v Sale BT Sport 2 / beIN SPORTS / SuperSport / FloRugby

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

volvo
Novice

Re: Sat Jan 21 8pm Ulster v Sale BT Sport 2 / beIN SPORTS / SuperSport / FloRugby

Post by volvo »

Any chance we can get him to come early before we meet the Mexicans ?
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Re: Sat Jan 21 8pm Ulster v Sale BT Sport 2 / beIN SPORTS / SuperSport / FloRugby

Post by MightyRearranger »

There were indeed a lot of basic errors, but that's the most intensity I've seen from Ulster for a long time. But of spice to it. Stockdale had a goof game too. Also loved the passion from Jeffrey Tomaga Allen when on the bench. Was dubious when he came, but get him signed up for next year.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

volvo wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:58 pm Any chance we can get him to come early before we meet the Mexicans ?
Greg Jones will be back sure
Exterminate all rational thought
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Really looking forward to a great contest with Ulster in the last 16. Congratulations on making it through.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:56 pm Ewers carried well today for Exituur
100%. Can’t wait to see him playing in white. He will definitely make a difference.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

MightyRearranger wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:58 pm There were indeed a lot of basic errors, but that's the most intensity I've seen from Ulster for a long time. But of spice to it. Stockdale had a goof game too. Also loved the passion from Jeffrey Tomaga Allen when on the bench. Was dubious when he came, but get him signed up for next year.
+1. Stockdale is improving. JTA was excellent today.
That intensity was night and day different to the last two months.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

StandUp wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:03 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:56 pm Ewers carried well today for Exituur
100%. Can’t wait to see him playing in white. He will definitely make a difference.
Big unit and nasty with it. :thumleft:
Exterminate all rational thought
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Dublin4 wrote:Really looking forward to a great contest with Ulster in the last 16. Congratulations on making it through.
I would say Leinster are fairly pi*sed that they have managed to get Ulster in last 16 when you look at the likes of Montpellier, Ospreys, Leicester and Stormers (don’t travel) on that side of the table.

Throw in that Ulster have very few involved in 6Nations, plenty of rest and time together.

I would far rather play Leinster at Aviva than Sarries or Exeter.

All in all I’m very, very quietly confident we could cause an upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:07 pm
Dublin4 wrote:Really looking forward to a great contest with Ulster in the last 16. Congratulations on making it through.
I would say Leinster are fairly pi*sed that they have managed to get Ulster in last 16 when you look at the likes of Montpellier, Ospreys, Leicester and Stormers (don’t travel) on that side of the table.

Throw in that Ulster have very few involved in 6Nations, plenty of rest and time together.

If we can muster that intensity again, then an upset could happen. Unfortunately, when Ulster try to get psyched up for a match, too often they play like headless chickens.
If they can control their emotions then maybe…
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

StandUp wrote:

If we can muster that intensity again, then an upset could happen. Unfortunately, when Ulster try to get psyched up for a match, too often they play like headless chickens.
IF we win does that mean the rest of our matches would be in Ireland??

HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Yes a bit like us getting shafted with Toulouse last year although I’m sure they’ll not be overly worried about us. We dumped them on their collective holes the last time, showed them zero respect (unlike us usually v them) and other the stockdale dropping that ball it would have been a famous win. I’ve zero confidence in beating them this time as they will not let x4 games in a row in The Aviva to the final slip. But I’m happy with a big occasion in Dublin and a great day out. Atmosphere was exceptional the last knockout game.

A win v stormers next week and our season is back on. Decent chance as non of the SA’n teams are travelling well.
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:15 pm
StandUp wrote:

No. Highest seed gets home advantage in the knockout phase. Ulster will be away from home in any game they play in this competition from now on.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

StandUp wrote:

Would be if in the URC, but think the rules have changed in Europe for this season.

Is it true Ulster get 35% of the gate profit?

That's potentially massive.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Cormac wrote:
StandUp wrote:

No. Highest seed gets home advantage in the knockout phase. Ulster will be away from home in any game they play in this competition from now on.
That’s annoying. Was that changed this year, don’t know why I had that in my head.

Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Fairly certain it was the same last year. It’s how Leinster got home advantage v Toulouse in the semi final.