Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Contract Situation

Post by justinr73 »

DodgyEverything wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:39 am '‘Big Jeff’ won the admiration from the Ulster faithful with his performances at loosehead' from the Ulster statement, did the proofreader get the sack at the same time as the groundstaff?
:duh:
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

What's the craic with Hendy?
UR holding out for an announcement next week to boost potential SF ticket sales?
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

MightyRearranger wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:38 am THP is particularly worrying given I don't think there's any guarantee Moore gets back to full fitness. If he does we might just about be able to cope, but if not we'd be starting the season with Warwick playing out of position and the academy. Someone mentioned elsewhere that Kieran Brookes is out of contract at the end of the season and would also be IQ following the rule changes. It'd be great if a rabbit like that could be pulled out of the hat, but it doesn't look likely. It's a lot of faith to put in Scott Wilson, does anyone have any insight to how ready he is?
Yea exactly. Marty Moore is 32 and just had a very serious injury. He's a sizeable unit, and that knee is going to have to stand up to scrummaging etc.

Big risk for us.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

justinr73 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:55 am
Shanners will be 31 at the end of his contract next year and has played 157 minutes in two seasons.

That’s less than Addison.
Shanners I have no issue with. We have two established first choice scrum halves, and we need a third choice in case one of them gets injured, called up to Ireland etc. The place would ideally be taken by an academy prospect, but in the absence of one coming through, given how critical the position is we need someone half way capable there. I can't imagine there would be too many IQ scrum halves queueing up for the gig on presumably fairly meagre pay. Shanners isn't the one to be criticised that no local prospect other than Doak has made it past him in the pecking order in the last decade.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

justinr73 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:58 am
DodgyEverything wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:39 am '‘Big Jeff’ won the admiration from the Ulster faithful with his performances at loosehead' from the Ulster statement, did the proofreader get the sack at the same time as the groundstaff?
A former Ulster TH had a right pop at this on FB! Well played Ricky Lutton
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

MightyRearranger wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:15 pm
justinr73 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:55 am
Shanners will be 31 at the end of his contract next year and has played 157 minutes in two seasons.

That’s less than Addison.
Shanners I have no issue with. We have two established first choice scrum halves, and we need a third choice in case one of them gets injured, called up to Ireland etc. The place would ideally be taken by an academy prospect, but in the absence of one coming through, given how critical the position is we need someone half way capable there. I can't imagine there would be too many IQ scrum halves queueing up for the gig on presumably fairly meagre pay. Shanners isn't the one to be criticised that no local prospect other than Doak has made it past him in the pecking order in the last decade.
So I was alluding to the fact that the IQ SH on fairly meagre pay who’s heading west for a year on loan could well be earmarked for the Shanners’ role.
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

So we are letting go JTA and Milo. Unless we have a cunning plan that is bizarre, not to say stupid. And I don’t think looking to any academy player for tighthead depth is realistic.

I wonder if another loan is in the offing? That could potentially square what was said at the fans forum about no more signings. The problem is nobody really jumps out as a worthwhile signing - TH is a position of weakness for all the provinces in all honesty..
..one more thing
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We're literally fcuked. Irish GrandSlam means feck all.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Columbo wrote:So we are letting go JTA and Milo. Unless we have a cunning plan that is bizarre, not to say stupid. And I don’t think looking to any academy player for tighthead depth is realistic.

I wonder if another loan is in the offing? That could potentially square what was said at the fans forum about no more signings. The problem is nobody really jumps out as a worthwhile signing - TH is a position of weakness for all the provinces in all honesty..
Nothing other than a money thing.

Stockdale downgrading to an ulster contract didn’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Columbo wrote:So we are letting go JTA and Milo. Unless we have a cunning plan that is bizarre, not to say stupid. And I don’t think looking to any academy player for tighthead depth is realistic.

Not Leinster, they seem to have no bother getting pretty solid 2nd and 3rd choice players.

The Irish GrandSlam isn't worth what you think it is. 1 province benefits plus Wales and England are imploding.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

nonplussed wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:17 pm
Doesn’t quite make up for costing us a trophy.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Why are Ulster Rugby so keen to spend huge money on houses along Ravenhill instead of players ???
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:40 pm
nonplussed wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:17 pm
Doesn’t quite make up for costing us a trophy.
Ricky prob thought we'd all forgot about that ... and he'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kid!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Forget?

Never.

Poor old Les would’ve had a stand named after him.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

Cockatrice wrote:Why are Ulster Rugby so keen to spend huge money on houses along Ravenhill instead of players ???
A front row of three houses would be pretty solid although might not be that mobile.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk