URC 2022/23 - Other Sides

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Re: URC 2022/23 - Other Sides

Post by shamalicious »

Well done Munster. They did it the hard way and fair play to them!

Making our record for silverware look dismal compared to the other provinces in recent years now...

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

That was quite a game, fair play to Munster. Five away games on the bounce, think the bookies had them as underdogs in them all, but they kept producing the goods. Particularly impressive given what a shambles they were at the start of the year.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
solidarity wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:40 pm
Setanta wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:14 pm Forward pass on third correct, double movement on second bullshit!
Absolutely. In the second, he plced it, as he's allowed to do. Match officials weren't great. |Referee not bad. Touch judges and TMO poor.
Are there anything other than poor TMOs in SA?
Even the Welsh ones.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

jean valjean wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:44 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
solidarity wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:40 pm
Setanta wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:14 pm Forward pass on third correct, double movement on second bullshit!
Absolutely. In the second, he plced it, as he's allowed to do. Match officials weren't great. |Referee not bad. Touch judges and TMO poor.
Are there anything other than poor TMOs in SA?
Even the Welsh ones.
Adamson particularly poor. A couple of absurd decisions.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Congrats Munster, shows what we are missing
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

It would be interesting to see how many Ulster players have filtered out of the recognition for RWC since the end of the regular season. I’d read a 45 man training squad is due to be announced this week and realistically, I can’t see any more than Herring, Stewart, O’Toole, Henderson, McCloskey and Stockdale as being in that with Treadwell and Baloucoune possibilities. I’m not sure if Hume showed enough over the course of the season to merit inclusion but the Connacht game coupled with Munster showing up in meaningful games repeatedly will have Frisch in there ahead of him. Munster putting in to practice the fight for every inch mantra must have been painful viewing for a number of players who already would have been maybes for the squad.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

richardt84 wrote:It would be interesting to see how many Ulster players have filtered out of the recognition for RWC since the end of the regular season. I’d read a 45 man training squad is due to be announced this week and realistically, I can’t see any more than Herring, Stewart, O’Toole, Henderson, McCloskey and Stockdale as being in that with Treadwell and Baloucoune possibilities. I’m not sure if Hume showed enough over the course of the season to merit inclusion but the Connacht game coupled with Munster showing up in meaningful games repeatedly will have Frisch in there ahead of him. Munster putting in to practice the fight for every inch mantra must have been painful viewing for a number of players who already would have been maybes for the squad.
This has been a lost season for Hume. From ending last year on a high and a trip to nz it went downhill from there. The injury really knocked him back, had little time to regain form and had a shocker against the nz team again. I actually thought he shouldn't have been thrown into that game at the time given his lack of rugby to that point. Hope he gets a good break and a full pre season again to get back on the horse. He has the potential to be more than a ulster player, but does he want to make the next step?
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

jean valjean wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:25 pm
richardt84 wrote:It would be interesting to see how many Ulster players have filtered out of the recognition for RWC since the end of the regular season. I’d read a 45 man training squad is due to be announced this week and realistically, I can’t see any more than Herring, Stewart, O’Toole, Henderson, McCloskey and Stockdale as being in that with Treadwell and Baloucoune possibilities. I’m not sure if Hume showed enough over the course of the season to merit inclusion but the Connacht game coupled with Munster showing up in meaningful games repeatedly will have Frisch in there ahead of him. Munster putting in to practice the fight for every inch mantra must have been painful viewing for a number of players who already would have been maybes for the squad.
This has been a lost season for Hume. From ending last year on a high and a trip to nz it went downhill from there. The injury really knocked him back, had little time to regain form and had a shocker against the nz team again. I actually thought he shouldn't have been thrown into that game at the time given his lack of rugby to that point. Hope he gets a good break and a full pre season again to get back on the horse. He has the potential to be more than a ulster player, but does he want to make the next step?
Six players in the 45 would be generous. As for Hume having a good pre season. I am tired hearing that old argument. A good kick up the poll is what he needs.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Agreed. Seems to rate himself without backing it up, although given our lack of any discernible attack strategy I have some sympathy, but not a lot.
Exterminate all rational thought
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Well done Munster. Not only did they serve up a ballsy performance, but they also did us a favour by giving Kitshoff a taste of what it's like to be an Ulster player. If he's going to fit in here, then the quicker he knows how to fail and fall short every time the better.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

The realisation sunk in yesterday methinks.

Hopefully this heaps more pressure on UR as the underperforming problem child. I wonder are there the same BS conversations about Demographics and unfairness around Turnipstan and Galway? We're now the fourth province in terms of going trophy less. Turnips have, on paper, similar squad depth to us- so what's the difference where they can beat Ladybois in a SF, and 5 very difficult away victories in a row?
Two gnarley Saffers locks, great fit of a coach and belief that has keyed back into all the old clichéd Munster memes, for a team that has greater than the sum of its parts. Crowley was excellent at 10 btw, much like Burns isn't.

Given their run, expect to see Hendo, Herring and Stewart's places in question for RWC. Even Archer has had an Indian summer.

All were magnificent yesterday and fair play to Dobbo for his post match conference in praise of Munster.

It's hard to like Saffa media, crowds and some of their showboating players though- utterly arrogant.
Exterminate all rational thought
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Two forward passes missed in the passage of play that resulted in the winning try.

Healy out wide and Snyman inside.

Looked like Munster were going to lose it without POM but every credit.

Lads around us were ready to lynch Rowntree when we beat them at their place….
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:41 pm The realisation sunk in yesterday methinks.

Hopefully this heaps more pressure on UR as the underperforming problem child. I wonder are there the same BS conversations about Demographics and unfairness around Turnipstan and Galway? We're now the fourth province in terms of going trophy less. Turnips have, on paper, similar squad depth to us- so what's the difference where they can beat Ladybois in a SF, and 5 very difficult away victories in a row?
Two gnarley Saffers locks, great fit of a coach and belief that has keyed back into all the old clichéd Munster memes, for a team that has greater than the sum of its parts. Crowley was excellent at 10 btw, much like Burns isn't.

Given their run, expect to see Hendo, Herring and Stewart's places in question for RWC. Even Archer has had an Indian summer.

All were magnificent yesterday and fair play to Dobbo for his post match conference in praise of Munster.

It's hard to like Saffa media, crowds and some of their showboating players though- utterly arrogant.
Next season will be worse. We have nothing to look forward to but mediocrity.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Munster are the top province.
Leinster and Connacht joint third.
Ulster are about 5th or 6th but that's a guess.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:41 pm The realisation sunk in yesterday methinks.

There is absolutely no chance that a fit Rob Herring and Iain Henderson don’t make the RWC squad.

Pure drivel.