Connacht V Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: Connacht V Ulster

Post by solidarity »

Everybody behind the sofa!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Shanners and Flanners will be interesting.

First time we haven’t started with a 9 who’s trying to run the game since the Rainbow Cup.

Weather forecast is OK so it’s a good opportunity for Jake (if he gets any decent ball).
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Europe looming depth being tested ?
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:16 pm Shanners and Flanners will be interesting.

First time we haven’t started with a 9 who’s trying to run the game since the Rainbow Cup.

Weather forecast is OK so it’s a good opportunity for Jake (if he gets any decent ball).
Tbh, Shanners isn't the worst. Like a less brain fart prone Smallp- he says unconvincingly
Exterminate all rational thought
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Tell me you're throwing the game without telling me. This has the potential to get really messy for us, and as always we go in hope rather than expectation. Perhaps a hoking by the westies will focus the minds for the rest of the season.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

jean valjean wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:24 pm Tell me you're throwing the game without telling me. This has the potential to get really messy for us, and as always we go in hope rather than expectation. Perhaps a hoking by the westies will focus the minds for the rest of the season.
If it means we smash Munster then fine.

My goat has been got by a degree of smugness I’ve noted amongst some of their fans for being “champions”.

Ten wins out of eighteen does not make you champions in my book.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Munster always seem to have our number. My guess is we lose against Connacht with a weak team and then lose against Munster with a full strength XV.
I hope I'm wrong.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:43 pm
jean valjean wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:24 pm Tell me you're throwing the game without telling me. This has the potential to get really messy for us, and as always we go in hope rather than expectation. Perhaps a hoking by the westies will focus the minds for the rest of the season.
If it means we smash Munster then fine.

My goat has been got by a degree of smugness I’ve noted amongst some of their fans for being “champions”.

Ten wins out of eighteen does not make you champions in my book.
Whether it’s 10/10 or 4/10 they are Champions.
I believe if we had the win after the turbulent years we would think we had a right to be smug.

It’s the teams we need to beat not the fans just happy to have something to cheer!

It’s been a long time for us since silverware after all the great years in the amateur days.
Frustration is a bitch but we just need to be better and use the chip we have on the field!
SUFTUM
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Sure and I appreciate that the current alternative is Leinster winning every year.

For me, Munster won the playoffs and well done for that but they were some distance from being true champions last year.

UK ice hockey is about the only example I can think of in which the league counts and the playoffs are just a bit of end of season fluff but I think they’ve got it right.

Whichever way you look at it, 8 play off places in a league of 16 is deffo too many.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:09 pm
justinr73 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:16 pm Shanners and Flanners will be interesting.

Tbh, Shanners isn't the worst. Like a less brain fart prone Smallp- he says unconvincingly
A pretty safe pair of hands behind a solid pack... and there's the rub, I fear.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Not saying I disagree but he hasn’t started a game for two and a half years so he hasn’t had much chance to mess up.

He’s managed to escape the “stealing a wage” crew, possibly because he’s only little.

We all dream of a team of Shanahans, a team of Shanahans etc etc…
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Well, worth a lash, because basically for nearly 20 seasons now, the common, consistent theme has been that we fail in knock out games in April and May. When we worked our arses off to come second, in order to line up home matches for the quarter, semi and final, we decide to adopt a strategy of acting as ball boys for Connacht. Billy says it was the worst changing room ever, really? Worse than Gloucester, Cape Town, Sale, Toulouse at home, Munster/Leinster/Connacht…….? So give anything a lash, coming in top 8 is what matters because the real test will be whether we have the cahones in the Spring! SUFTUM
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Marco wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:05 am Well, worth a lash, because basically for nearly 20 seasons now, the common, consistent theme has been that we fail in knock out games in April and May. When we worked our arses off to come second, in order to line up home matches for the quarter, semi and final, we decide to adopt a strategy of acting as ball boys for Connacht. Billy says it was the worst changing room ever, really? Worse than Gloucester, Cape Town, Sale, Toulouse at home, Munster/Leinster/Connacht…….? So give anything a lash, coming in top 8 is what matters because the real test will be whether we have the cahones in the Spring! SUFTUM
Fair comment
Exterminate all rational thought
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Yea I'm beyond bored of listening to thon p!sh about it being the worst changing room ever and we'll use that to push ourselves on this year. Just STFU.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Sharks on zero after three games - Ospreys too good for them last night!