AIL FIXTURES

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Re: AIL FIXTURES

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

troupe86 wrote:
cheese wrote:its ok saying Inst are going to be good but wait until they have to play a clogher Valley team, Portadown or Bangor. They struggled last year due to the pack and are probably coming up against some better packs in Q1.
My prediction Q1 Bangor to win and Cooke to get relegated
The pack has changed and appear to be a very large and dominant unit. Beating Portadown (who have a good pack) is an indication of how they might fare this season. A shock for Bangor tonlose at home like that; Clogher Valley look to be dominant already. There'll be some great games in Q1 this year.
The Inst pack has changed and may be strengthened further (depending on clearance from another union).
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
troupe86 wrote:
cheese wrote:its ok saying Inst are going to be good but wait until they have to play a clogher Valley team, Portadown or Bangor. They struggled last year due to the pack and are probably coming up against some better packs in Q1.
The pack has changed and appear to be a very large and dominant unit. Beating Portadown (who have a good pack) is an indication of how they might fare this season. A shock for Bangor tonlose at home like that; Clogher Valley look to be dominant already. There'll be some great games in Q1 this year.
The Inst pack has changed and may be strengthened further (depending on clearance from another union).
Is it not to late to bring in a player from another Union. :scratch: have they not already filled their quota?
Last edited by Kofi Annan on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
cheese
Initiate

Post by cheese »

I eat my words about the Inst pack. Thats a massive result for them. They fronted up very well. Great result for Ballyclare as will bring Bangor down a peg or two. Q1 will be a very interesting league this season.
The usual teams won in the Senior League. By all accounts Malone seem to have been the most impressive of the teams so far. A lot of this has no bearing on how the teams will fare in the AIL once all the Ulster fringe players get released
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

What do people think of regulation 6, will teams still breach it and risk fines etc, or will they tow the line. Teams that historically have done every thing possible to entice players will be under scrutiny , what's you views, anyone you think out there is ignoring the Reg.

For reference:

http://www.irishrugby.ie/downloads/Reg6 ... sFinal.pdf

Personally I think clubs that have always ripped the Brennan out of it will continue doing what they do until they get caught, unfortunately it will be a small club made an example of.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Kofi Annan wrote:What do people think of regulation 6, will teams still breach it and risk fines etc, or will they tow the line. Teams that historically have done every thing possible to entice players will be under scrutiny , what's you views, anyone you think out there is ignoring the Reg.

For reference:

Personally I think clubs that have always ripped the Crozier out of it will continue doing what they do until they get caught, unfortunately it will be a small club made an example of.

I think it is an admirable aim Kofi - but one that will be almost impossible to police if the clubs have not the integrity to police themselves. Especially so regarding the payment of players directly by a club benefactor.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Kofi Annan wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:
troupe86 wrote:
Is it not to late to bring in a player from another Union. :scratch: have they not already filled their quota?
Already brought in, within quota, just hasn't played as awaiting clearance from his home union.
(I am led to believe, anyway.)
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:
troupe86 wrote:
Already brought in, within quota, just hasn't played as awaiting clearance from his home union.
(I am led to believe, anyway.)
If he did not have his clearance and here by 1/9 it's irrelevant if his clearance comes, I hope he paid for his own flights to get here !
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

My info is a week old. Clearance may well be in place now. Big Saffa 2nd row who has played at one of the youth levels for SA. Has a new job in Norn Iron outside rugby.

Edit- remember Kofi, I am living in England- it's hard enough keeping up to date with Junior rugby over there!
troupe86
Novice

Post by troupe86 »

Bangor vs Inst tomorrow will be a great match to watch. I may head down to Upritchard Park for it given that I'm injured and can't play at the moment myself.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:What do people think of regulation 6, will teams still breach it and risk fines etc, or will they tow the line. Teams that historically have done every thing possible to entice players will be under scrutiny , what's you views, anyone you think out there is ignoring the Reg.

For reference:

Personally I think clubs that have always ripped the Crozier out of it will continue doing what they do until they get caught, unfortunately it will be a small club made an example of.
There appears to be a lot of people have to sign off things in those regulations which would lead me to think that in the extreme someone could end up in a courthouse if the wrong people took a huff with someone else.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

There will be ways and means around these I would imagine. Travel expenses being a very obvious one which clubs like Ballymena and Dungannon were fond of using in years gone by as they were predominantly bringing boys from Belfast on 80mile round trips twice a week and whatever else on a Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

clubs have been finding their way around the legislations already, booking holidays for players, having private individuals pay for flight and accomodation. business as usual, admirable as the regulations are.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Well, Dublane, I think you have to name names here. No use spreading unfounded rumours without any real substance to them.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

rocky wrote:Well, Dublane, I think you have to name names here. No use spreading unfounded rumours without any real substance to them.
:D
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

dublane wrote:clubs have been finding their way around the legislations already, booking holidays for players, having private individuals pay for flight and accomodation. business as usual, admirable as the regulations are.
It may be true that there is ways around the regs, but if clubs are playing the "risk" game and leaving them selves exposed.

Officials from clubs I believe have to sign a document which I am led to believe will have a legal declaration . So say we Sammy Manu , comes to Ballynowaywepay and at end of year after the club swears blind it never paid a thing. Sammy is asked to also sing a declaration , now said club did not know that Sammy is a born again heathen and says " sorry I have to tell the truth or my god will strike me down" er club is busted, or another scenario is he just gets drunk of by them.

It will be interesting to see if any club is actually caught out , but with the track record of clubs breaking other AIL rules and being brushed under the carpet by D4 , I won't hold my breath.

Hey Dub , I know over the past few years Queens have handed out 2-3 Rugby Bursaries per season, how many have they handed out this year?
Last edited by Kofi Annan on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.