AIL FIXTURES

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Tighty
Initiate

AIL FIXTURES

Post by Tighty »

Anybody any idea when the All Ireland League fixtures will be available ? or are they already and I've missed them ?

I see on the Irishrugby.ie site there are articles about players moving between clubs in Munster and Leinster - any news/ rumours if there is any movement ''up here'' ?
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: AIL FIXTURES

Post by cjp »

Haven't heard of too much movement, AFAIK all transfers had to be done by the end of June hence why the IRFU have some articles on the site, apart from players leaving school who have until September to decide I think. I would Imagine Armagh will see a big influx of old RSA boys now they are into the AIL.
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

OK Youngman - who's leaving Dungannon and to which Qual League club(s) are they going!!??

A wee bird told me that Dungannon were casting their nets far and wide in player recruitment - any significant catches to report ?
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Portadown are throwing stupid cash around.
midulsterrugby
Novice

Post by midulsterrugby »

Portydown still have cash to throw about? Heard this time last year the were nearly broke!
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Have not heard anything about any signings but we need a prop. Ian Porter was meant to sign last year apparently and with this new rule that all Ulster contracted players must play in the 1st division I would not be surprised if he came this year.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

gannonman wrote:Have not heard anything about any signings but we need a prop. Ian Porter was meant to sign last year apparently and with this new rule that all Ulster contracted players must play in the 1st division I would not be surprised if he came this year.
Gannonman, Prepare to be disappointed as I understand that although Ian Porter is moving to a Division 1 club he is not heading down the M1 to Stevenson Park. I further understand that he was initially thought to be on his way a Division 1 Club outside Belfast before being ''re routed'' by UR to a club not too far from ''the Dub''.
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Ah right thanks. Shame for us since Bloomfield has had ongoing injury problems. Heard he was retiring.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Roger McBurney has signed for the Newport Gwent Dragons, massive loss to Ballymena.
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

Is it not Ulster Bank League now rather than AIL?

Anyone know who is coming in and who is going out yet ?
Predictions:
I think The Hinch will be outstanding this year, as always :thumright: , and will clear the boards of all competitions from UBL to minor. good feeling in my water this year.
Dungannon will punch well above their weight but they also have a bit of dog in them.
Ballymena are struggling to get some adults and going to play a lot of kids.
Malone and Instonians have spent all their money on coaches so a lot of Qualifying players filling the gaps.
Queens unknown if they get the players out of the Uni bar who knows
Quins will struggle but at least they will be fit and have a nice new playing shirt.
Banbridge the dark horse
Armagh looking good and have recruited really well one of my all time fav teams and a great clubhouse and the best behaved supporters ever.
City of Derry now they have lost their biggest sponsor, money will have dried up but will still throw a few surprises, but another contender for relegation
Ards a shambles
Rainey OB will be my favorites for relegation at UL and UBL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTpXymuwxNs
Available for weddings May to August only
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

cjp wrote:Roger McBurney has signed for the Newport Gwent Dragons, massive loss to Ballymena.
Not all they have lost Ross Hackney is away to CIYMS , CI have their eye set on winning Q1 and have openly said all the other teams are pants in Q1 and this time next year they will be where their destiny takes them "Best and Biggest Club in Belfast" back in Senior rugby back leading UR. their words i believe.
Available for weddings May to August only
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

TheSnapper wrote:
cjp wrote:Roger McBurney has signed for the Newport Gwent Dragons, massive loss to Ballymena.
Not all they have lost Ross Hackney is away to CIYMS , CI have their eye set on winning Q1 and have openly said all the other teams are pants in Q1 and this time next year they will be where their destiny takes them "Best and Biggest Club in Belfast" back in Senior rugby back leading UR. their words i believe.

Think you are on a wind-up mission mr snapper. I've never heard talk like that around CI and I'm there several times a week.....
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

a stain on good middle class east belfast
a smear on all that is decent about the area

"all the lads and lassies, smiles upon their faces,
walking up the belmont road.....to punch them in their fat smug faces"
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

:roll:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

CI have their eye set on winning Q1 and have openly said all the other teams are pants in Q1 and this time next year they will be where their destiny takes them "Best and Biggest Club in Belfast" back in Senior rugby back leading UR. their words i believe.
Don't know about that but they're defo on a recruitment drive and flexing a bit of financial muscle.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.