Brennan Tours

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Brennan Tours

Post by Glynncommando »

Wasn't too sure where exactly to post this, but thought it worthwhile to mention it for those who may have missed it.

My heart just goes out to poor misunderstood Trevor....so harshly treated, as he was....

By Cormac Byrne

Thursday February 11 2010

FORMER Irish rugby star Trevor Brennan has described his lifetime ban from the sport as "really harsh".

Brennan, who has 13 caps for Ireland, was banned by rugby authorities after he hit an Ulster rugby fan repeatedly at a 2007 match between his team, Toulouse, and Ulster.

He told the Herald that the ban handed down to him was severe, and he spoke about how it forced him to think of his family's future

"Of course I have regrets about what happened that day, I reacted without thinking of the consequences, but the ERC were really harsh to hand me down a lifetime ban," he said.

Gouged

"Luke Fitzgerald nearly got his eye gouged out by Shalk Burger last year for the Lions and he only got eight weeks.

"In Bath three or four players were caught taking drugs and you had the controversy with Leicester last year and bloodgate against Leinster and attempts at match fixing.

"Is drug-taking and match-fixing worse than jumping over a wall and giving a guy two or three digs, I don't think so," he said.

"I believe I had two or three good years left and they took away my livelihood. I've three children and thankfully I had the bar in Toulouse to fall back on," Brennan added.

The former player began life as a tour operator this week in Paris, after being forced to find a livelihood off the pitch following his ban.

Brennan will be joined in Paris by 90 screaming Irish fans, as Ireland look to take the second step on the way to retaining their Grand Slam title.

He told the Herald what he has in store for the fans on their trip which will be the first trip for his new company Trevor Brennan Tours.

"I'm flying back to Ireland to meet a group of 90 fans that we are bringing to the match in Paris," he said.

holiday

"Hopefully we'll be celebrating a win, we've booked a great holiday in the centre of Paris, I stayed there both times Toulouse reached the Heineken Cup Final and it's fantastic.

"We're not going to have everyone going around in yellow jumpers and hats, we are going to recommend activities for everyone and they are free to come and go as they please," he added.

"On match day, we'll book a restaurant and anyone from the group that want to join us is free to. I can guarantee that anyone that does choose to join us will enjoy themselves."

hnews@herald.ie
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Brennan Tours

Post by pwrmoore »

I'll wager none of his guests dared to complain about the quality of the hospitality :wink:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

"Is drug-taking and match-fixing worse than jumping over a wall and giving a guy two or three digs, I don't think so," he said.
At least he got that RIGHT (even if he muddled it up) .... The other things AREN'T worse than beating someone up - that's why he got the stiffer penalty :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

Just in case anyone is interested in booking with him:
http://www.trevorbrennanrugbytours.com/

Now we know who WhiteKnight books his holidays with!
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

moondance wrote:Just in case anyone is interested in booking with him:
http://www.trevorbrennanrugbytours.com/

Now we know who WhiteKnight books his holidays with!
I think a few posters on here would contribute to sending WK on that holiday :D
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

hey, if u guys wanna chip in and send me on a freebie to an international match, don't let me stop you!

however paris really isnt the place to go on the lash, costs a feckin fortune for a pint and a croque madame there.
i do quite fancy RWC '11 in new zealand - perhaps u guys could help out with that.

i do promise to wind up brennan as much as i do you guys on here. i do promise to deliberately try and get the man to hit me with 2 or 3 digs and get him a lifetime ban from tour operations.

click here to make a donation to WKOTW's holiday fund
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Cascade
Novice

Post by Cascade »

Carlsberg don't do the legalisation of eye gouging on a thick second row ginger pikey skanger at the bottom of a ruck, but if they did it's be that Warren Gatland getting it.
Cascade
Novice

Post by Cascade »

Cascade wrote:Carlsberg don't do the legalisation of eye gouging on a thick second row ginger pikey skanger at the bottom of a ruck, but if they did it's be that carpet getting it.
Aha, the C word comes up as carpet. Thanks to Trev i've learnt something new today.
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

Just discovered this:

http://twitter.com/trevorbrennan1

:twisted:
GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

what's the objection?
that he operates rugby tours? that he posts on twitter?
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:what's the objection?
:roll:
GC
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:what's the objection?
My objection would be GC wasting his time looking up the fact he posts on Twitter :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Muddy Bless
Initiate

Post by Muddy Bless »

I have just gone down in my own estimation but I’m with WKOTW on this one.

Get over it.

Yes he is a langer, yes he did something stupid but FFS it was 3 years ago, the man has to earn a living!

If we are still bitter about being labelled “so called supporters” and the brad pitt storm that ensued then I think it’s all a bit sad.
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

Muddy Bless wrote:

Get over it.

Yes he is a langer, yes he did something stupid but FFS it was 3 years ago, the man has to earn a living!
Quite correct - Muddy - on all points. Langer - yes. Stupid - yes. 3 yrs ago - yes. Entitled to earn a living - yes.
My point is, however - that HE has plainly not got "over it" as you so eloquently put it.
He STILL thinks he was hard done by. He STILL thinks he did little wrong. Little sign of remorse or regret there.
Bless him and his "harsh" punishment. Get over it? I don't think so. But, each to their own, obviously.
GC
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

He's still making a living out of rugby, which annoys me. I can't help but think of all those guys who dared to play a game of league or write a book or whatever, and were never welcomed into a union club house for the rest of their days.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk