Johann Muller.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Johann Muller.

Post by browner »

Johann Muller has fractured his arm but Sharks skipper John Smit’s neck injury is not as bad as initially feared.

Muller’s injury brings a sad end to his stint with the Sharks, as he’ll miss their last two games before linking up with Irish club Ulster. The injury will keep him sidelined for the next six weeks.

http://www.keo.co.za/2010/05/03/mullers-premature-end/
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
tomodaman_2
Novice

Re: Johann Muller.

Post by tomodaman_2 »

Think he'll sit out the rest of the Sharks' season in the stand or head over here to get a head start getting to know the boys?
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

tomodaman_2 wrote:Think he'll sit out the rest of the Sharks' season in the stand or head over here to get a head start getting to know the boys?

Or maybe learn English. Did someone not say he speaks nothing but Afrikaans?
tomodaman_2
Novice

Post by tomodaman_2 »

Windeos wrote:
tomodaman_2 wrote:Think he'll sit out the rest of the Sharks' season in the stand or head over here to get a head start getting to know the boys?

Or maybe learn English. Did someone not say he speaks nothing but Afrikaans?
Dunno who said that, but it's not true.

Interview with him here, in English:
http://www.sharktales.co.za/wp-content/ ... r15408.mp3
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I'd imagine UR will be having their own people check out the arm before they even activate the contract. Can't see him moving ahead of schedule if he's receiving treatment for the arm.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
McPepper
Initiate

Post by McPepper »

hopefully it wont be anything like D'arcy's injury
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Don't like the sound of that :(
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

>TT

Lets hope he'll only be out for 6 weeks max. and no more
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:I'd imagine UR will be having their own people check out the arm before they even activate the contract. Can't see him moving ahead of schedule if he's receiving treatment for the arm.
Need to check him a bit better than Houra then BR :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The Sharks doctor also revealed that Muller, who heads of to Irish province Ulster in July, fractured the same arm that sidelined him last year.

"It happened when he tried to tackle Wynand Olivier," Roberts told rugby365.com.

"He collided with Wynand's knee and it bent the plate [which was inserted last year to support the bone] and fractured the radius behind the plate."

Muller's lay-off will be "at least six weeks" and that will take him well beyond the end of the Super 14 season, after which he will join-up with the Ulster squad on July 1.

"The plate actually protected him," Roberts said, adding: "If it was not there it would have shattered the bone."
http://www.rugby365.com/tournaments/sup ... 392320.htm
Seems like it gave him problems for over 3 months last time.
Rory Best
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Rooster wrote:
The Sharks doctor also revealed that Muller, who heads of to Irish province Ulster in July, fractured the same arm that sidelined him last year.

"It happened when he tried to tackle Wynand Olivier," Roberts told rugby365.com.

"He collided with Wynand's knee and it bent the plate [which was inserted last year to support the bone] and fractured the radius behind the plate."

Muller's lay-off will be "at least six weeks" and that will take him well beyond the end of the Super 14 season, after which he will join-up with the Ulster squad on July 1.

"The plate actually protected him," Roberts said, adding: "If it was not there it would have shattered the bone."
http://www.rugby365.com/tournaments/sup ... 392320.htm
Seems like it gave him problems for over 3 months last time.
Did D'arcy not have the shattered bone or something like that?
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Worrying with our track record of signing players who end up as crocks. Maybe they will stick in a stronger plate and he can use it like a cudgel! :twisted:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

Has to be serious doubts about this signing now.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Need a more agricultural sort of steel plate repair.

Lets jsut hope this was a complete freak accident and there isnt a real weakness in the arm.