Ruan Pienaar giving a talk at church??

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Ruan Pienaar giving a talk at church??

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

Somebody mentioned in the lead up to the dragons match that Ruan was giving a talk at a church on Sunday (today). I have had a skim through but can't find the post. If anybody knows any details of time, place etc could you let me know. Cheers
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
TimGibson
Novice

Re: Ruan Pienaar giving a talk at church??

Post by TimGibson »

Ive heard that he would sometimes attend ballynahinch baptist so that might be the one.
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Sorry, only got this now - he was at my church, Granshaw Presbyterian at Moneyrea!
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
Shem
Novice

Post by Shem »

Any chance of a getting hold of a CD or is there a place to download?
Shem.

Come on Ulster!!!
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

No probs Boo. If you are aware of anywhere else he may be visiting let me know. Likewise as Shem asked, if there is a recording I would be interested. Cheers
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Hi guys, all the services are recorded on CD for folk who are shut in.

Church website is:

http://www.granshaw.org/

Drop Mark a line and I'm sure someone could help!
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

IS Pienaar part of some organisation or something?

How is he giving all these talks?
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

IS Pienaar part of some organisation or something?

How is he giving all these talks?
I think Ruan was origionally going to come and speak at the Men's Breakfast - tend to be interesting speakers here, Matt Baggott for instance previously - but so many wanted to hear him it was switched to Sunday morning. Johann Muller also speaks around the country quite often.

He spoke very well and it was fun to see so many of the young (and not so young) decked out in Ulster shirts!

Ruan and his wife Monique stayed on for coffee afterwards - seem a very nice couple.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Setting all other things aside, these guys really have bought into the local community.
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

Snipe Watson wrote:Setting all other things aside, these guys really have bought into the local community.
Jumping to conclusions slightly there Snipe, no? You could well be right, and maybe you are a lot more informed than me, but based on what has been posted in this thread and others, I'd say you couldn't know how much they have bought into our community.
Apologies if I'm off the mark, and you have some other info - I'd love to agree with you, but I'd say it's hard to tell.

OM
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

OneMore wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Setting all other things aside, these guys really have bought into the local community.
Jumping to conclusions slightly there Snipe, no? You could well be right, and maybe you are a lot more informed than me, but based on what has been posted in this thread and others, I'd say you couldn't know how much they have bought into our community.
Apologies if I'm off the mark, and you have some other info - I'd love to agree with you, but I'd say it's hard to tell.

OM
No idea what you have just said OM :scratch:
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

He's saying that this one example isn't sufficient to say that our new players have settled into the community, and is asking if you have any other examples of our Saffers being active within the community...

... I think :scratch:
Follow me on Twitter
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

29xThePain wrote:... I think
That'll be a first :lol: