Ulster or Ireland?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Which are you most excited about?

Ulster starting their RD Pro 12 campaign
83%
Ireland at the RWC
17%

Total votes: 48

darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Ulster or Ireland?

Post by darkside lightside »

only one winner for me..
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Aird
Squire

Re: Ulster or Ireland?

Post by Aird »

No contest at the moment but if a miracle happens in NZ may waiver slightly
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Ireland at the RWC - I have zero interest in, though come the 6N it'll be a different story.

I must confess I have far more interest, hope and anticipation in getting behind Ulster this year.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

Definitely the world cup. No brainer.
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
The Ulsterian
Initiate

Post by The Ulsterian »

:red: Ulster, without any hestitation. The RWC games will fill in between the Ulster games. :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

:red:
Need I say more ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

As I said before: 'International rugby is all well and good, but there's nothing like the real thing'
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
lovesthehardground
Steward

Post by lovesthehardground »

Dangerous topic. Hopefully only done tounge in cheek. I would hate for Ulster Rugby supporters to end up being as narrow minded as our Mexican brethren. It riles me that Munster supporters can't see past their brigade and Leinster supporters are even worse at present. Sure they would have Ireland playing in the blue of Leinster if they had their way!!

No, I think the two options are different. Yes I'm more passionate about Ulster than I am about Ireland but thats got more to do with the proximity of the team and the ease of watching games at Ravenhill than Landsdowne Road. At the end of the day I hope Ireland do well in NZ and I hope Ulster do well in the domestic competitions.
LTHG
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

I also think if this had been posted on the brink of Ireland's first world cup game there would be more sympathy toward the national cause.

I'm excited about both, but right now I can't wait to get to Ravers.

SUFTU
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

Red Hand Hero wrote:Is this a case of only sing when your winning? If Ireland had went into the RWC of the back of a GS and 4 warm-up match victories I'd wager there'd be a lot more crowing about the RWC than there currently is. Don't think this has to be an either/or selection and with 4-5 of our players likely to be involved in the match-day squads I certainly have more than a passing interest. The benefit an Irish Semi-final appearance would do for rugby in the island of Ireland would be huge, i dare say it would have a pretty significant knock on to Ulster as well.
No fair enough, and just to be clear I'm not saying that I don't care about Ireland or anything, it's just that as this Friday has come closer there's no denying that I'm feeling far more excited about it than the last few Ireland weekends..

I think if Ireland were playing better, I'd certainly be looking forward to the RWC, and it would be a tougher question. I'll be delighted if Ireland shake off the shackles and do the business in NZ, but right now I'm looking forward to a few good outings from Ulster...
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Red Hand Hero wrote:Is this a case of only sing when your winning? If Ireland had went into the RWC of the back of a GS and 4 warm-up match victories I'd wager there'd be a lot more crowing about the RWC than there currently is. Don't think this has to be an either/or selection and with 4-5 of our players likely to be involved in the match-day squads I certainly have more than a passing interest. The benefit an Irish Semi-final appearance would do for rugby in the island of Ireland would be huge, i dare say it would have a pretty significant knock on to Ulster as well.
I think when the RWC kicks off it will be a different thing. It's the phoney war period at the moment whereas the Rab C. kicks off for real.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I am excited for both (if thats ok with everybody). Even if Ireland weren't in the WC I'd still be excited as a fan of rugby in general. Can't wait for tonight though!!!! I'm still hopeful for Ireland though and hope that the Cup winning mentality will kick in for those that have it, rubbing off onto the Ulster players to bring home!! :salut:
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Personally, I identify more with Ulster than I do with Ireland. Simple
Article
Initiate

Post by Article »

Right now has to be Ulster....I mean RWC for Ireland is one game at moment against wallabies and thats hard to get excited about.
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Who voted for Ireland over Ulster?
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...