Nah, Kidney isn't biased against Ulster!!

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

lovesthehardground
Steward

Nah, Kidney isn't biased against Ulster!!

Post by lovesthehardground »

First they ignore Tuohy when POC is out. Now they ignore Henry, who was twice taken over to Paris as 23rd man, and bring in Jennings to the bench as O'Briens out. Jennings isn't even a >TB

Here guys explain that one?!
LTHG
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Re: Nah, Kidney isn't biased against Ulster!!

Post by darkside lightside »

lovesthehardground wrote:Here guys explain that one?!
easy he's an utter ># idiot

tbh Henry or Jennings should have been ahead of POM in the pecking order in any event - he's been utterly unremarkable in his (fairly long) sub appearances so far
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Kendal
Novice

Post by Kendal »

I wonder if Bestie had any say in the matter?

Kidney again ignores the men in form. I though I would never say this but EOS is turning into a godsend in comparasion !
Hãy đứng lên vì các Ulstermen
Mr Frosty
Initiate

Post by Mr Frosty »

All the more motivation for Tuohy and Henry for the QF after being being shafted by kidney both should at lest have made the bench in this game
Till youve tasted Frosty's you don't know jack
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Think in all this I feel sorry for OBrien who is being judged as a 7 when he a 6 or an 8 due to his immense ball carrying ability.
You could see his reaction to being subbed in Paris.
All this must be so frustating for him as playing him at 7 is a little like playing OGara in the centre and saying he is a cack rugby player as he is no use there.
If Kidney had the minerals he would drop one of the 3 current back rowers and bring in Jennings on the flank for the sake of balance.
He may not be the best player but he would at least he would bring a level of balance to the back row which is what is all about in that area.

Those who do not agree cast your minds back to last years HEC final.
Jennings came on at half time OBrien was reverted to 6, started carrying and the rest is history.
Its not all about picking the best players but the best combinations.
Kidney simply has not the guts nor nouse to do this.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

This is starting to get beyond ridiculous.

Henry: Starter for Ulster, consistently solid performer
Jennings: Bench/starter for Leinster, has the occasional iffy game

I know who I'd take
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

bazzaj wrote:Think in all this I feel sorry for OBrien who is being judged as a 7 when he a 6 or an 8 due to his immense ball carrying ability.
You could see his reaction to being subbed in Paris.
All this must be so frustating for him as playing him at 7 is a little like playing OGara in the centre and saying he is a cack rugby player as he is no use there.
If Kidney had the minerals he would drop one of the 3 current back rowers and bring in Jennings on the flank for the sake of balance.
He may not be the best player but he would at least he would bring a level of balance to the back row which is what is all about in that area.

Those who do not agree cast your minds back to last years HEC final.
Jennings came on at half time OBrien was reverted to 6, started carrying and the rest is history.
Its not all about picking the best players but the best combinations.
Kidney simply has not the guts nor nouse to do this.
That is just moronic.

You pick your 15 best players.
Then you find a way to get them all on the pitch.

That's how you achieve greatness.

Balance is just over-rated. It's the new Quade Cooper.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Bajjaj is correct.
Jenno helped to change the HC final when he came on last year at half time.
Poor SOB has been played out of position by Ireland at 7 for game after game. He is just not a groundhog. His form is spiralling down as a result.
Henry is a fine player and his time will come but Jennings has all the credentials.
Well done to Ulster getting Tommy back and the new coach today. We all want to see the Nordies punching up to their weight. Humps seems to be doing the business for you.
All we need now is to get the Westies up a level to really bring Irish rugby on.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Balanced partnerships are exactly what teams are based on.
Teams within teams.
Back 3, centres, half backs,back 2nd and front rows are all units within a team.
If each of these units are unbalanced you will not have a good team.
If you have, for example 2 down the middle centres like England have churned out recently your back play will suffer.
If players are more familiar with one anothers style of play they are obviously better for it.
Otherwise the lions should win more series and the barbarians every game as player for player they are normally better than the opposition.
The established team will win more often than not.
Also the way a coach wants to play may suit one style of a playerand not another.
Hope I dont sound overly moronic but I sense you maybe on the wind up in any case WKOTW.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

bazzaj wrote: Hope I dont sound overly moronic but I sense you maybe on the wind up in any case WKOTW.
A statement even more moronic than your diatribe about balance, partnerships, familiarity and barbaric lions.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:
bazzaj wrote: Hope I dont sound overly moronic but I sense you maybe on the wind up in any case WKOTW.
A statement even more moronic than your diatribe about balance, partnerships, familiarity and barbaric lions.
Was trying to give you a get out.
By standing by your statement its obvious you do not really know what you are talking about.
This is all very basic stuff and to say that balance is over rated in rugby sides is simply idiotic.
Is that worse than moronic?
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

bazzaj wrote:
WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:
Was trying to give you a get out.
By standing by your statement its obvious you do not really know what you are talking about.
This is all very basic stuff and to say that balance is over rated in rugby sides is simply idiotic.
Is that worse than moronic?
Hoo hoo.
Another biter.

Right folks, off home.
5.30 - i'm out of here. Beer o'clock, etc

Ciao.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

YOU ARE BRILLIANT!
Ulster throw in
Initiate

Post by Ulster throw in »

bazzaj wrote:YOU ARE BRILLIANT!
And so are you Bazz and dont let anyone else tell you different. Say it with me ..."I am brilliant"...
"If Eddie O'Sullivan had retreated to the Führerbunker, World War 2 would still be going on." Mr. G. Hook
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Ulster throw in wrote:
bazzaj wrote:YOU ARE BRILLIANT!
And so are you Bazz and dont let anyone else tell you different. Say it with me ..."I am brilliant"...
I am brill... sorry UTI its for others to judge.
I have way too much humility