rate the players...............taken from telegraph

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

Ulster

Stefan Terblanche

A master of the catch of the high ball but errors crept into his game as Leinster pounded away. 7

Andrew Trimble

Another lung-bursting, knee-lifting effort but little change out of the Leinster defence. 6

Darren Cave

One of the few successes. Made an early break and was as effective as any of the Ulster backs. 7

Paddy Wallace

Had his best moments late in the game but he was always up against it chasing the likes of O'Driscoll and D'Arcy. 7

Craig Gilroy

Quiet. Tried to get involved but very difficult given how good Leinster's defence was. 6

Paddy Jackson

Poor. I know he's a young man but he butchered some good opportunities and generally fell to pieces. 3

Ruan Pienaar

Not his day. His kicking was slightly off and the forwards never gave him the platform for him to do his stuff. 6

Tom Court

Prominent in the loose but missed a few tackles and didn't exert the expected dominance at scrum-time. 6

Rory Best

Another fine player who found himself up against it. Always combative, if not always successful. 6

John Afoa

Ulster's best forward by some distance. Immensely strong on the carry and he stuck at it all game. 8

Johann Muller

The captain couldn't find a way to get his side back in contention. No criticism there. It needed Superman. 6

Dan Tuohy

Scored Ulster's only try but that will be little consolation for the hammering his side took generally. 6

Stephen Ferris

The big man played a big game. Great tackle on Nacewa early on. But even he faded. 7

Chris Henry

Over the loose ball all game but often found himself knocked off it when the Leinster heavies arrived. 6

Pedrie Wannenburg

Sadly, a disaster. A ludicrous one-handed pass which went nowhere and a series of missed tackles. 4

Replacements

Humphreys was the best of them but only because he replaced the terrible Jackson. The truth is on a day like this no-one could have stopped the Leinster juggernaut. 5 :blueafro:
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Re: rate the players...............taken from telegraph

Post by bootlaced »

hopefully someone will lock this thread :duh:
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Yawn.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Binman
Novice

Post by Binman »

The ratings are fair enough tbo.
King Ding
Squire

Post by King Ding »

bootlaced wrote:hopefully someone will lock this thread :duh:
Don't see why, the ratings are fair enough, Wannenburg and Jackson were our 2 worst players and the rating reflect that.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Nope I disagree. I thought Pedrie had a great game, one silly inside pass excepted.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Binman
Novice

Post by Binman »

Really jackie? He was turned over and missed 2 tackles leading up to a Leinster try. There is a lot of affection for the big man but today the shortcommings in his game were brutally exposed.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: Re: rate the players...............taken from telegraph

Post by ColinM »

Really? Why?

Some of the ratings may be debatable but P3 and Jackson were the worst performers in twickers. Ihumph got us there and if we stuck with him we may not have won but it would have been closer
King Ding
Squire

Post by King Ding »

Jackie Brown wrote:Nope I disagree. I thought Pedrie had a great game, one silly inside pass excepted.
Fell off Kearney in the lead up and then SOB for the try, both because he went far too high, the quite frankly stupid pass and he didnt really make ground going forward.

So imo the ratings are very fair
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Thought Cave was our stand out performer, few great breaks and solid in defence.

Apart from that, all correct. I'm sure P3 will be disappointed to go out on such a low.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Jackie Brown wrote:Nope I disagree. I thought Pedrie had a great game, one silly inside pass excepted.
Pedrie was awful-2 missed tackles in 2 phases for 1st Leinster try never mind the inside ball.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

The rating seem pretty fair.

Jackson had a mare. I for one was shouting for his inclusion over IH, but it looked a season too soon for him today.

Big Pedrie im afraid finished his Ulster career on a whimper. Wasnt on his game today and it showed. Even fell off a few tackles which was unlike him.

Afoa was a beast, Ferris needs a break, Henry wasnt fully fit, Mr Cool at 15 lost the plot and Trimble showing how off form he really is.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Re: Re: rate the players...............taken from telegraph

Post by bootlaced »

ColinM wrote:
Really? Why?

Some of the ratings may be debatable but P3 and Jackson were the worst performers in twickers. Ihumph got us there and if we stuck with him we may not have won but it would have been closer

As a great man said to me if you have to ask you will never know.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Fly Half
Steward

Post by Fly Half »

Gilroy was also poor in the tackle, decision making and under the high ball - 5.

No way Terblanche was as good as a 7, his yellow card was stupid and his kicking was poor - 4 at best.
The future isn't what it used to be
isleofwighter
Initiate

Post by isleofwighter »

Thought Toughy was immense, Ferris gave his all and didn't look fully fit to me.

Lay off Paddy. He's only a kid who was playing for Dungannon six months ago. Bring in an experienced no 10 to support him, and watch him blossom!

Gilroy definitely going places. Super confident today despite the overwhelming occassion.

All in all I was proud of every single one of them given Leinster must be the best club team in rugby anywhere in the world at the moment. :salut: . :salut: