Representative games

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Eggs
Warrior Chief

Representative games

Post by Eggs »

Seems to be a real push to have some more games at Ravers this year for the age grade/schools stuff

Anyone going?

More importantly, will the bar be serving??
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: Representative games

Post by Kofi Annan »

Eggs wrote:Seems to be a real push to have some more games at Ravers this year for the age grade/schools stuff

Anyone going?

More importantly, will the bar be serving??
Eggs , more a push by actually announcing them,as they are charging a fee in I do believe the bars will be open and free parking in the ground is available if you pre bought a ticket
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Interesting, for a fiver I would be quite happy to have a pint standing watching the u20s rather than in my local pub, might head down friday!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Seems like a good initiative - especially the major step forward made by actually telling people in advance about the existence of the fixtures.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

pwrmoore wrote:Seems like a good initiative - especially the major step forward made by actually telling people in advance about the existence of the fixtures.
I agree :thumleft:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:Seems like a good initiative - especially the major step forward made by actually telling people in advance about the existence of the fixtures.
I agree :thumleft:
Wonder is it something to do with a new events coordinator who in talking to previous to getting the job thought that these sort of matches and Ravens matches were very badly publicised to the general punters.
With any luck the next big move would be having some of these matches before or after a PRO12 match depending on suitable scheduling.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Deckard
Novice

Post by Deckard »

Rooster wrote:With any luck the next big move would be having some of these matches before or after a PRO12 match depending on suitable scheduling.
I'm quite looking forward to this match tomorrow! I think the next home game against Leinster kicks off at 4pm the evening of the Zebre game AFAIK
Deckard
Novice

Post by Deckard »

Team up:

1. Michael Lagan (captain, Ballymena)
2. Zac McCall (Queen’s University)
3. Dane Fitzpatrick (Ballynahinch)
4. Tom Donnan (TBC)
5. Nigel Simpson (Queen’s University)
6. Callum Irvine (TBC)
7. Caleb Montgomery (TBC)
8. Lorcan Dow (Queen’s University)
9. Conor Young (Instonians)
10. Sean O’Hagan (Queen’s University)
11. Jacob Stockdale (TBC)
12. Conor McKee (Queen’s University)
13. Sam Arnold (Ballynahinch)
14. Adam Liddell (Malone)
15. Jack Owens (Queen’s University)

Replacements:
16. Andrew McGrath (TBC)
17. Darryl Morton (Armagh)
18. Angelo Marica (Belfast Harlequins)
19. Josh Davidson (TBC)
20. Ross Todd (TBC)
21. Josh Fullerton (Belfast Harlequins)
22. Jack Milligan (Dungannon)
23. Michael Cartmill (Malone)

How come a lot of them have TBC beside them - surely club allocations will have taken place long ago?? With AIL starting next w/e??
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Deckard wrote:
Rooster wrote:With any luck the next big move would be having some of these matches before or after a PRO12 match depending on suitable scheduling.
I'm quite looking forward to this match tomorrow! I think the next home game against Leinster kicks off at 4pm the evening of the Zebre game AFAIK
ULSTER U20s v Connacht
Friday 5th September, 7.00pm

ULSTER WOMEN v Munster
Saturday 6th September, 3.00pm

ULSTER U20s v Leinster
Saturday 13th September, 4.00pm

ULSTER U18 CLUBS v Munster
Saturday 20th September, 1.00pm

ULSTER SCHOOLS v Munster
Saturday 20th September, 3.30pm
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

That number 7 Montgomery is a useful kid as is Morton and he has only made the bench !
Wonder is this the year that McGlock & co start to show the work in the background that has been talked about ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Thats a pretty good team, some very good players in there, that backline could do some damage
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

Fitzpatrick started for Blackrock College last year at loosehead, originally from Ulster but went south for school.

No Alex Thompson due to injury i'd assume.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Is Tom Donnan John Donnan's wee bro? Hopefully we see some stars coming through in the pack as the back line is getting ridiculous [although light at 9].
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

Tom is John's younger but apparently bigger brother.. John being 6'5ish
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Silverstu wrote:Is Tom Donnan John Donnan's wee bro? Hopefully we see some stars coming through in the pack as the back line is getting ridiculous [although light at 9].
I would not say it was light at 9. Don't know a lot about Conor Young but he was ireland U19 scrum half last year. Josh Fullerton is a really class player, was starting for Belfast Quins in AIL last year. Youngs must be good to keep him out of the team. They seem like a strong pair to me.