URSC AGM 18 May 2015 - Constitution change?

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

URSC AGM 18 May 2015 - Constitution change?

Post by BR »

http://ursc.co/?p=6948

These sorts of things are normally flagged up in advace, but there seems to have been unusually little publicity about this one. :stir:
The Ulster Rugby Supporters Club opened a membership consultation on its draft new Constitution, which aims to modernise the current constitution.

The current constitution under which the supporters club operates was last updated in 2004. In keeping with the principles of good governance the Committee undertook a review of the current constitution.

URSC consultation on its proposed new constitution opened on Wednesday 4 March 2015 and will run for four weeks.

Any member who wishes to comment on it must do so by Tuesday 7 April 2015. Comments should be either emailed to URSC at ulsterrugbysupportersclub@hotmail.com or submitted in writing to URSC, Kingspan Stadium, 85 Ravenhill Park, Belfast, BT6 0DG.

Participant must include their name, address and membership number. Comments will only be accepted from URSC members.

URSC hopes its members will take the time to read the proposed new constitution which will be put to the vote at URSC Annual General Meeting on Monday 18 May 2015 at H3 lounge Kingspan Stadium, 85 Ravenhill Park, Belfast, BT6 0DG.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: URSC AGM 18 May 2015 - Constitution change?

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:http://ursc.co/?p=6948

These sorts of things are normally flagged up in advace, but there seems to have been unusually little publicity about this one. :stir:
The Ulster Rugby Supporters Club opened a membership consultation on its draft new Constitution, which aims to modernise the current constitution.

The current constitution under which the supporters club operates was last updated in 2004. In keeping with the principles of good governance the Committee undertook a review of the current constitution.

URSC consultation on its proposed new constitution opened on Wednesday 4 March 2015 and will run for four weeks.

Any member who wishes to comment on it must do so by Tuesday 7 April 2015. Comments should be either emailed to URSC at ulsterrugbysupportersclub@hotmail.com or submitted in writing to URSC, Kingspan Stadium, 85 Ravenhill Park, Belfast, BT6 0DG.

Participant must include their name, address and membership number. Comments will only be accepted from URSC members.

URSC hopes its members will take the time to read the proposed new constitution which will be put to the vote at URSC Annual General Meeting on Monday 18 May 2015 at H3 lounge Kingspan Stadium, 85 Ravenhill Park, Belfast, BT6 0DG.
For the life of me, I cannot imagine why.............
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Should I be bothered I will suggest that the website rejects comments which are actually adverts worldwide. Indian Takeaway Auckland????????????????????????????????
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

If a committee quorum is now to be 5, but a committee member can resign provided there are 4 members remaining. Could that not cause a problem?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:If a committee quorum is now to be 5, but a committee member can resign provided there are 4 members remaining. Could that not cause a problem?
As long as he or she resigns at the end of the meeting under AOB and allow the rest of the notified business to be dealt with while they are quorate. Time for coffee and buns.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote:If a committee quorum is now to be 5, but a committee member can resign provided there are 4 members remaining. Could that not cause a problem?
As long as he or she resigns at the end of the meeting under AOB and allow the rest of the notified business to be dealt with while they are quorate. Time for coffee and buns.
But if there are only 5 members to start with, how do they do any more business before the next AGM?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
But if there are only 5 members to start with, how do they do any more business before the next AGM?
Would it not be extremely unusual for the quorum to be the size of the entire committee as it would then require full attendance before any business could be ratified.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Maybe misread. Minimum Committee size is 5. New quorum size is 5.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
EGM or chaos
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Probably should be '5 or all members'
www.stoutboys.co.uk
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

Outside influence??
Available for weddings May to August only
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:Maybe misread. Minimum Committee size is 5. New quorum size is 5.
That could be correct but it would be advisable that there are normally 8 in the committee if 5 is the quorum as that means any decisions taken are taken by a majority of the committee, if you only have 5 in the committee then the minimum quorum is 3.
If anyone wants to get really technical then read Erskine May's Treatise on the Law, Privileges, Proceedings and Usage of Parliament
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
That could be correct but it would be advisable that there are normally 8 in the committee if 5 is the quorum as that means any decisions taken are taken by a majority of the committee, if you only have 5 in the committee then the minimum quorum is 3.
If anyone wants to get really technical then read Erskine May's Treatise on the Law, Privileges, Proceedings and Usage of Parliament
Take your word for it Roaster.....you seem like an honest sort.

Erskine May's Treatise on the Law, Privileges, Proceedings and Usage of Parliament.......rather read Rum's treatise on exploiting the 3 on 1 overlap by gaslight.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Erskine May's Treatise on the Law, Privileges, Proceedings and Usage of Parliament.......rather read Rum's treatise on exploiting the 3 on 1 overlap by gaslight.
I was involved a few years ago in a disputed committee decision and it is pretty complex but the stated 5 will save any such situations and I would like to hope such a situation would never arise.
Protocols for committee business and such like are fairly complex if someone wants to cause problems so it is best that in something where the office bearers and members are volunteers that any possible chance of problems is covered.
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:

I was involved a few years ago in a disputed committee decision and it is pretty complex but the stated 5 will save any such situations and I would like to hope such a situation would never arise.
Protocols for committee business and such like are fairly complex if someone wants to cause problems so it is best that in something where the office bearers and members are volunteers that any possible chance of problems is covered.
Agreed. The constitution needs to be written by someone with expertise in that area. Other than good manners, there's no real point putting it out to consultation amongst the membership.