Doakie

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Doakie

Post by Jackie Brown »

Any chance he just feck off. We must have better coaches in Lisburn than him.

He has brought nothing to the table in his time at Ulster. feck bye.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Re: Doakie

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

+ 1

It's the mediocrity that gets me. Even when we win we're decidedly average.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

+1 Take Clarke with him. Forwards cannot organise a rolling maul.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

Based on a variety if performances he's either a terrible coach that the players listen rapt in awe to, or someone who gets ignored by all and sundry as we descend into every-man-for-himself stuff.

Neither's great. Amazing stadium, decent level of squad, loads of money, B&M Bargains coaching ticket. Reluctant to say it but it's time to get rid.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

I can't watch the post match interview with Doak - his usual cliched bullshit will have me chucking something at the telly.

Presumably Les won't be able to make changes to the coaching set up??
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

for dog and ulcer wrote:+1 Take Clarke with him. Forwards cannot organise a rolling maul.
Good point. Maul was a non-event.
halfback
Novice

Post by halfback »

Clarke is out of his depth and has to go too. He has had two bites of the cherry at ulster and both times has come up short. Last time with Small, who at east when away and developed his potential,l where as Clarke took another job for the boys in D4 and learn nothing. Tonight the team on the park, while trying to do the right thing in making a limited Edinburgh turn, executed it badly and handed the ball back to Edinburgh. Idea correct, coaching to carry it out lacking. We are not maintaining or developing core skills of our players and that has to change if we want " world domination"
Last edited by halfback on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Has our Aussie coach improved anything?
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'm going with player mediocrity in depth, inability to learn from experience, appalling discipline, poor basic skills displayed away from home, including but not exclusively, just desperately poor poor kicking.

I have seen the backs, you know the real ones, the ones that revolve around Jackson's beautiful passing, Cave's ability to do the right thing and pass accurately, Ruan not being a dickhead, Tommy knowing where to be at the right time in the right place, those guys, and I've seen them pull off clearly what are set pieces and well thought out and executed.

As far as I am concerned, at present the worst Doak can be accused of is utter failure to convert pig's ballixes into proper rugby players. I suspect many coaches would struggle with that shower tonight. Just a dismal dismal performance.

I only pick him out because I think so much of him, but can anyone ever recall a game in which Andrew Trimble made absolutely no impact. That my friends is not Doak's fault.

Och here, I've an idea................ lets all pick on a soft target ................ wait someone's already thought of that. :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

He is not a soft target...... He is the head coach.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Dan Dare wrote:He is not a soft target...... He is the head coach.
+1
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

for dog and ulcer wrote:
Dan Dare wrote:He is not a soft target...... He is the head coach.
+1
Ahh come on. The guy's down on his luck. He's got young kids and presumably a mortgage to pay. I feel sorry that he finds himself unemployed in this economic climate.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Surely the fact that Ulster play the same stupid predictable game doesn't help either. Edinburgh knew how to beat Ulster tonight as did Scarlets, it's not just we have a stupid coach with stupid 2nd tier players there's more to it than that. We have a desperate inability to play the ref and adapt to how the opposition plays.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Simple question, What has Neil Doak won as a coach?
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I await the resurgence of this thread when we stick four tries past Cardiff next weekend.

Our problems lie with our mental inability to win away from home. Simple as.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.