"D" Day for Matt

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

"D" Day for Matt

Post by pwrmoore »

In the aftermath of last week-end a lot of things have slipped into the background. Today is, I believe, the day when the independent disciplinary commiittee will deliberate and deliver it's decision on big Matt.

I hope that our faith is vindicated and that the big lad is cleared of all charges.

Best of luck Matt!
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
colin_m
Novice

Post by colin_m »

Justice will prevail.
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: "D" Day for Matt

Post by GerryO' »

pwrmoore wrote:In the aftermath of last week-end a lot of things have slipped into the background. Today is, I believe, the day when the independent disciplinary commiittee will deliberate and deliver it's decision on big Matt.

I hope that our faith is vindicated and that the big lad is cleared of all charges.

Best of luck Matt!
And so say all of us.
I have no doubt that he will be exonerated
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Hope all goes well and he is fully vindicated. Don't want any debris left around by ERC :twisted:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
ArticDonkey

Post by ArticDonkey »

Good luck Matt, we're all behind you 100%.
rave on
Novice

Post by rave on »

Good luck Matt - we are behind you.
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Don't think "luck" comes into it - just let the truth come out!

I believe by the end of the day, Matt will be cleared.
rave on
Novice

Post by rave on »

you are right - all the best matt. thinking about you today.
Hot in the Tropics
Novice

Post by Hot in the Tropics »

My posts have always indicated my opinion this nonsense is without merit. If indeed that is the case, I hope the Statement issued by ERC (gosh, a lot of Statements being made these days) is worded in clear, unambiguous words that the big man had no case to answer.

That being the case, I will then jump back on my hobby horse as to why it took ERC so blinking long to deal with the whole affair.

As I said before, the cynic in me says it suited their cause to keep the issue in the public consciousness for the last 2 pool games in Heineken Cup. Cause that draws media attention etc and also increases the number of hits on the ERC website.

Well sorry ERC - there is another side to this and I intend to write and point this side out to you in due course.

Oh, and Irishouthalf - I will be looking for you on UAFC posts as well.
Keep it real; not inflamatory
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

To keep out feet on the ground.

Keep in mind that it is likely that the ERC will find Matt guilty of using foul and abusive language, Matt admitted as much in his apology to D. Armitage. He May well be sanctioned for that in any event.

What is needed is a clear ruling on the Racial element. I hope that the ERC do not fudge their wording.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Harold7
Warrior

Post by Harold7 »

He's been cleared :D

http://www.emeraldrugby.com/news_detail.asp?id=2819

Anyone else heard this confirmed?
Last edited by Harold7 on Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

i hear on the grapevine he's been cleared?
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Yeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooo :)))
Romeo47 Alpha 52
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Ulster player Matt McCullough appeared before an independent Disciplinary Committee in Dublin today (Wednesday, 24 January, 2007) to answer two misconduct complaints.

The complaints concern the alleged use of racist language to the London Irish player Delon Armitage during and after the Heineken Cup Pool 5 matches between the teams at the Madejski Stadium on Saturday, 9 December, 2006, and at Ravenhill on Friday, 15 December, 2006.

Having heard four hours of evidence the independent Disciplinary Committee, chaired by Professor Lorne Crerar (Scotland) and also comprising Paul Mauriac (France) and Aurwell Morgan (Wales), determined that a prima facie case had not been established. The Disciplinary Committee accordingly determined that the misconduct complaints against Mr McCullough should not be upheld.

Both parties have the right to appeal.

Independent Disciplinary Committee
a) The independent Disciplinary Committee is chosen by the Chairman of Discipline, Professor Lorne Crerar
b) The panel normally consists of a legal expert (Chairman), rugby administrator and former player
c) No member of the independent Disciplinary Committee may be chosen from a country of the clubs involved
d) The ERC Disciplinary Officer, Roger O'Connor, presents the case against the player

ENDS
Romeo47 Alpha 52
Harold7
Warrior

Post by Harold7 »

The Beeb is reporting it now too.