George Hook

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

George Hook

Post by GerryO' »

That’s it, no more drink for me midweek.

I could have sworn I heard George Hook make a number of eminently sensible and lucid comments on TV. To the point that I couldn’t disagree with a word he said. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Please tell me it was all a weird hallucination and I will be back to normal in the morning.
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

I can see clearly now......
Never happened!
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Oh yes it did Gerry.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Well when some of you wake up and your cornflakes are not soggy could you please share some of Georges comments with the rest of us.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

yes heard it meself last nite about GSTQ from G. Hook - maybe Trevor Ringland had had a word with him?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

George is in some respects what is known down here as a West Brit.

I'm pretty sure I remember him advocating Ireland rejoin the Commonwealth amongst other things.

He's also a professional controversy merchant and I'm no longer suprised by anything he says.
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Mass hallucination!!!! :shock:

The man went WAY up in my estimation.

Couldn't believe what I was hearing.

I know Santa Claus is coming to town, but is Rory Bremner or Jon Culshaw already here???
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Dunno what Hook said... but that won't stop me commenting!

I think he hates Ireland's Call so would advocate anything that would get rid of it.

Agree with Barney - he deliberately stirs things up... for a broadcaster like Hook, there is nothing worse than not being talked about.

.... and a stopped watch can be right twice a day!
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

.... thousand years , actually!
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Post by the original kimble »

Always thought old George spoke a lot of sense.......

He and I have a lot in common, a wealth of rugby knowledge, a modest disposition and a great respect for others point of view, although I think he is more of a wind-up merchant than me.

tok
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Good old George always loves to say things he knows he will get a reaction to.I didn't see the show but I would loved to have seen De Brun's face when he spoke about GSTQ.For the record he only said what a good few of us down here said at the time though not the majority.I actually like George despite his tendencies to overdo the controversial comments and his endless writing off of Munster.I watched his DVD and you can see how much he loves the game and he is always good for a bit of comedy.It makes having to watch the unprofessional and clownish Tom McGurk almost bearable on rte.
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

i've said it before on this board, so sorry to bore - but i really resent the lazy assumption that playing GSTQ is an acceptable quid pro pro for playing AnB in Dublin. And equally, the implication that the UB would have had GSTQ played if not for the nasty types in Dublin.

southerners are as guilty of this misconception as anyone - Hook included.

The UB surely know that playing GSTQ at Ravers would have killed off the idea that rugby is a genuinely cross-community game. What do you think the reaction would have been the next time they send some players down to south Armagh, or wherever, if things had gone that way? the work they've done to extend rugby's reach in non-traditional communities is valuable and commendable - why would they want to undermine it?
JR stands up
Novice

Post by JR stands up »

Absolutely agree Aarons

In any case surely in the world of Rugby GSTQ is the English National anthem. I mean the Scots and the Welsh don't feel the need to play it - so why should we? Our problem is that there is no recognised song that we can lay claim to that is a norn iron anthem, so IMO Irelands call is a reasonable substitute, and it has the benefit of being inclusive for our brothers across the border.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Well, said Aaron.
Bo***cks to Brexit
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

4get anthems - we need CHEERLEADERS. NOW.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh