Ulster Rugby Online

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

hans
Novice

Ulster Rugby Online

Post by hans »

Hi Guys,

I'm doing a univeristy research project looking at Communication in Ulster Rugby and need your help- Urgently!!!!. Has anyone got an opinion on the Ulster Rugby Website? If so I want to know!!! Particularly i'm interested in finding out why you use this site over the offical website and how you think Ulster Rugby could improve online communication?

Thanks!!!!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Rugby Online

Post by pwrmoore »

I think it's time someone thought of a different project. How many projects on this can the poor lecturers and adjudicators be expected to read?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

isn't this the same one?
forum/viewtopic.php?t=9194
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

very strange this, different request same account.

Is a group of people on this course sharing an account? (you could check the isp)

and you seem to be doing Ulster rugby's work for them, ask for commission!
Why? Why not?
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Oviously not enough responses from the last question so someone just asking over again.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

or ............................................ if the research project is being funded - who is funding it?
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

hans wrote:Hi Guys,

I'm doing a univeristy research project looking at Communication in Ulster Rugby and need your help- Urgently!!!!. Has anyone got an opinion on the Ulster Rugby Website? If so I want to know!!! Particularly i'm interested in finding out why you use this site over the offical website and how you think Ulster Rugby could improve online communication?

Thanks!!!!
Bit difficult to use the forum on the offical or even the official UR site.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

hans wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks!!!!
I use the Ulster Rugby website to find out what the scores in domestic games over the weekend.

I use this website to find out about the Olympic Torch, the price of peat briquettes at various outlets, Roadworks on the M2, the credit crunch and Sammy Wilson amongst other things.

Hope this helps
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
hans
Novice

Post by hans »

Same research project- and unfortunately its most definately not funded!!! As I didnt really get much of a response the first time decided to try once more, (for the last time i promise)in a desperate hope that I could gather some information on Ulster Fans opinons regarding the offical website!!

Anything constructive would really help!

:-)
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

aaah well then Hans, i use this site because it allows me to say whatever I want (almost) regarding UR, without censorship (almost). It also has (sometimes) up-to-date info usually written by fans for fans etc etc, and it helps me make friends (ha ha) with like-minded Ulster rugby supporters, and there's no where else in the world which has the same banter and crack (craic) as norn iron or norn iron people. (except that frog story!)
>TH
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

fermain wrote:.....it helps me make friends (ha ha) with like-minded Ulster rugby supporters,
Are there any "like-minded Ulster rugby supporters"? :lol:

I don't use this site :shock:

I ABuse it :twisted:

But Fermain let's me off with it - without (much) censorship :wink:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
hans
Novice

Post by hans »

So why do you think the messageboard was removed from UR site? would you agree that it was hard to monitor the forum and thats why they had to remove it?
ads
Novice

Post by ads »

fermain wrote:aaah well then Hans, i use this site because it allows me to say whatever I want (almost) regarding UR, without censorship (almost). It also has (sometimes) up-to-date info usually written by fans for fans etc etc, and it helps me make friends (ha ha) with like-minded Ulster rugby supporters, and there's no where else in the world which has the same banter and crack (craic) as norn iron or norn iron people. (except that frog story!)
>TH
I agree, this site allows you to say pretty much anything about Ulster Rugby. The info on it is up to date and more relevant to what the fans want! think they said thhey took the forum down cause of people leaving "inappropriate comments"- though dunno why they could just censor em out and let the real fans still use it, in my opinion the message board was the best part of the UR site, its now really uninteractive- get the same info you would get anywhere and really have no way of feedbacking to them... clearly dont want to hear peoples opinions.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

ads wrote: they could just censor em out and let the real fans still use it, in my opinion the message board was the best part of the UR site, its now really uninteractive- get the same info you would get anywhere and really have no way of feedbacking to them... clearly dont want to hear peoples opinions.
I think the problem with the UR Board was threefold.

Firstly - it takes real self restraint to allow a reasonable level of criticism of your organisation on a board that you control. The temptation was to remove anthing that was critical of Mike Read in particular and Ulster rugby in general. By doing this they lost integrity and credibility and this actually spurred some poster on to be even more critical.

Secondly Being the "Official message board" of Ulster Rugby people were inclined to use it as a conduit to get their gripes and niggles directly to UR and felt a certain satisfaction in Posting their vitriol on the Official board with an implicit challenge that if it was removed to proved that UR were being control freaks.

Thirdly. Moderating a forum takes time and needs to be frequent if not constant. This board is moderated by around half a dozen of the regular posters and users whio between them catch most things pretty quickly. I believe the UR board was moderated by one or two of the office staff who had other dutues during the day and couldn't reasonably be expected to spend their evenings and week-ends doing what is necessary to run a board well.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red: