Post by Windeos »

YoungMan wrote:I think we will be ok in the 9 department :wink:

Sounds like fantastic news, just have to wait for the announcement now :cheers:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Rooster »

Heinie Adams ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

That would be a brilliant signing Mr red Potato
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:Heinie Adams ?
Is that just a punt or a whisper from a kennel?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:Heinie Adams ?
Is that just a punt or a whisper from a kennel?
Was mentioned by a mexican on ladyboyfans,
Noel Oelschig from SF has also been mentioned in the past.
Dogs have gone deaf and dumb on this one Snipe, that means deal signed and kept very secret or feck all in the pipeline, I hope it is the former.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Oil slick could be on the move I saw a rumour about him talking to Sarries not long ago. A goal kicking 9 with lots of experience could help shape young porter, and another saffa...

Anyway was a deal done so long ago that's the reason we couldn't afford Isaac when his Irish contract expired?
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

David Kearney is the boy we should be looking at, same sort of shape as Jones only two years younger and just as promising.
Taken from The FRU's match report on the Ravens V Leinster A
However the star of the first half was Craig Gilroy, playing at 11 (not 14) who had an outstanding first half up against the much vaunted David Kearney. With the wind driving kicks in his direction Gilroy fielded superbly and absolutely skinned Kearney on four occasions leaving him flat footed and grasping at thin air. On the few occasions that Kearney got the ball, Gilroy was there to knock him flat.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

scrum5 wrote:
David Kearney is the boy we should be looking at, same sort of shape as Jones only two years younger and just as promising.
Taken from The FRU's match report on the Ravens V Leinster A
However the star of the first half was Craig Gilroy, playing at 11 (not 14) who had an outstanding first half up against the much vaunted David Kearney. With the wind driving kicks in his direction Gilroy fielded superbly and absolutely skinned Kearney on four occasions leaving him flat footed and grasping at thin air. On the few occasions that Kearney got the ball, Gilroy was there to knock him flat.

Gilroy should be with the Irish U20's, shocking bias being shown towards the Leinster guys
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

To be honest on tonights performance I doubt he should, the outside backs were very impressive and that was without Connacht outside back Tiernan O'Halloran. Gilroy's big challenge is to get into our academy.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

im new to this website so dont know if its been mentioned yet but i heard from a solid source that BJ has recommended Rory Kockott to Humph with blair and peel decicding to stay at their clubs.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

kingofthehill wrote:im new to this website so dont know if its been mentioned yet but i heard from a solid source that BJ has recommended Rory Kockott to Humph with blair and peel decicding to stay at their clubs.
Don't think he was one of those mentioned on here but the name has been floating around as well, hard grafter and a decent place kicker as well allegedly would fit the spot nicely.
Rory Best
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

He would be a good signing,very good kicker. Lets just hope ulster arent forced into a panic signing after missing out on the two SH they wanted.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

kingofthehill wrote:He would be a good signing,very good kicker. Lets just hope ulster arent forced into a panic signing after missing out on the two SH they wanted.
Which were the 2 as there was rumoured to be Pienaar, Peel and Blair, personally I think Blair was a panic type signing, if he ever was looked at and not just journalistic thoughts.
Rory Best
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

From where i heard the all the transfer info,blair was never mentioned,it was only brought up on bbc sport so your prob right in saying that it was all media hype.perfect for blair who prob got a fortune from edinburgh with ulster apparently after him.

I heard Pienaar might of been coming because he was very friendly with Muller (who can barely speak english,full on Dutchie) but that seems to be a lost cause even though they were apparently throwing huge money at him.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynatio ... -25778206/

Looks like rush has def signed as well now
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

kingofthehill wrote:
I heard Pienaar might of been coming because he was very friendly with Muller (who can barely speak english,full on Dutchie) but that seems to be a lost cause even though they were apparently throwing huge money at him.

Lets hope he isn't calling the lineouts then :lol:
Rory Best