Tayto in Controversial Crisp Advert

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

cables
Lord Chancellor

Re: Tayto in Controversial Crisp Advert

Post by cables »

... a drama student at Queen’s University, said her impromptu performance was “a bit of fun, but also to make a point”.

“I think the adverts sexualise women’s rugby in the wrong way,” she told the Belfast Telegraph. “I wouldn’t have a problem with the ads if they showed actual women rugby players instead of very skinny models rolling around in the dirt. So I decided to do it to make a point and because it’s funny.”

The Harlequins player said her team-mates had mixed views about the advertising campaign: “A couple, like me, are opposed to it, but a couple of the girls are gay and they think the ads are great.”

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... z0mxCJIguZ
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

This might give Goodie ideas for Friday night :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

if more woman rugby players looked like the girls in the adverts, instead of this prop, then I'm sure the sport would enjoy a much higher profile.

my fellow knight makes a good point - a gut like that throwing away crisps must mean the campaign is close to her heart. Or can anyone confirm that after making her dirty protest she got down on all fours and scoffed every last crumb of the carrick turf???
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
The FRU
Squire

Post by The FRU »

You must be devistated Young Man that she got in the way of that nice picture of Mr Gilroy!
Save the Cheerleader, Save Hollywood Mike!

http://thefrontrowunion.com
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Our former CEO'S sex change operation went well.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gary wrote:Our former CEO'S sex change operation went well.
Looks like he has lost a fair bit of weight as well :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Fair play to her. Clearly meant something to her to waste her bag of cheese and onion. :lol:

Surely they're Tayto Salt & Vinegar, as Tayto cheese & onion are in a yellow bag?
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ColinS wrote:
LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Fair play to her. Clearly meant something to her to waste her bag of cheese and onion. :lol:

Surely they're Tayto Salt & Vinegar, as Tayto cheese & onion are in a yellow bag?
Not Tayto made by Largo as they are in a red and blue bag (it gets complicated Colin so don't even try to work it out)
She is however chucking a perfectly good bag of salt and vinegar Hunky Dorys over herself :roll:
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
Look guys it was a one liner. For comedic effect I chose cheese and onion as Tayto's definitive product. I honestly didnt analyse the bag! :lol:

BTW. Does anyone else think that the Southern Mr. Tayto looks like Louis Walsh?
Now you have gone and totally confused Colin :lol:
Rory Best
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

Louis Walsh is the face of Tayto?!
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.