TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Ardglass2 »

I have just heard that McMillan is seriously considering giving up the game professionally.

Also heard that Andress and Stevenson need to be convinced that Ulster are not a struggling outfit before returning.
So basically if we want them for 2011/12 we need real success on the field next year.
Money is not an issue as Ulster would be prepared to pay more than they are getting now.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Thats mighty decent of them! Lets face it they are at best decent players, not international quality star material.

In my opinion if they,as Ulstermen, are so sniffy about playing with a :red: on their chests we may well be better off without them. :duh:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

Whilst I understand the sentiment I think it is niave.
A players career is short and I can understand not wanting to spend their best years, which is the next 5 to 8 years for those two, at a struggling club with no chance of honours.

They would both enhance our club and given that Tuohy and O'Donoghue are on tour and that POC, DOC, Cullen and MOD are all over 30 Stevenson is not without hope internationaly. Ditto Andress given Buckley, Hayes and Ross are all that are in front of him at TH.

Also you need to remember they left in unpleasant times, not of their making, which left a sour taste in the mouth and reflected badly on Ulster rugby rather than them as individuals
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

Red Hand Hero wrote: Both need to be starting regularly for Quins and most importantly performing well. We want to be signing players for the right reasons-adding the to overall competitive nature of the squad, not simply because they were born here.
They were both fairly regualr in the past year.
Ulster management obviously think they would add to the competitve nature of the squad as both have already been approached. We need to bare in mind that BJ is likely leave, leaving us short at TH. Add to this a quite probable gap at FB for 2011/12 and we may need the NIQ vacancy he creates to get in a 15.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

bootlaced wrote:So forgetting Rush,we are now looking at,Lyons,McMillan,and Duffy,is there any others that people would like to add to the list.
McCaw or Pocock if you could arrange it, thanks :lol: :lol:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Ardglass2 wrote:Whilst I understand the sentiment I think it is niave.
A players career is short
You make very good points but ...given the short pro career, most players are keen to get a bigger pay deal so if Ulster are prepared to pay them more & they get to play for their home club I wonder what the real problem is.

A bad taste in the mouth about how they departed (albeit a complete change in management since - playing and upstairs) or perhaps they don't want to come back without being automatic selections? Maybe they are showing lack of ambition, don't know, just a thought. :red:

Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

backawaygoonahead wrote: if Ulster are prepared to pay them more & they get to play for their home club I wonder what the real problem is.

The real problem is that they left a club that was badly run and has been, by and large, a bunch of losers since. They just want to be part of a successful club and need to see evidence Ulster have turned a corner.

I don't think it has anything to do with being automatic selections.

In Stevenson's case it will take very little to persuade him, Andress will be a harder job.
earl the beaver
Novice

Post by earl the beaver »

I see Montauban have gone bust and aren't allowed in Pro D2 after getting relegated from the T14.

We could probably get someone on the cheap, Campos would be perfect, 6 or 8, a few caps for Argentina but because of Lobbe and Leguizamon doesn't really get a look in so wouldn't lose him to international windows.
joesoap25
Novice

Post by joesoap25 »

Montabaun are gonna be picked clean pretty quickly if we could get a few of there players on the cheap then I'm all for it.
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

given that our NIQ quota is now full none of them will be coming to Ulster
ginn
Novice

Post by ginn »

sky sports news has just stated that blue bulls and south african back row wannenburg has signed for ulster! hope this is correct this guy is immense and would be a sure start in the back row ahead of any players we already have (ferris exception duno how much he will play this season though)
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

joesoap25 wrote:Montabaun are gonna be picked clean pretty quickly if we could get a few of there players on the cheap then I'm all for it.
Didn't take long.
French full-back Julien Laharrague on Thursday signed a two year-deal with Aironi, the new Italian team who will play next season in Magners League and Heineken Cup.

32-year-old Laharrague, who has twelve caps for France, spent last two season in Montauban.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rob6
Initiate

Post by Rob6 »

on 606 there is talk that Duffy is coming to Ulster and that willis is going west in a switch. I know that the Willis going west has been mentioned on here, not sure about duffy.
Hustle......Loyality......Respect

U...L....S...T...E...R...R...R...R...R...R...R

Don't Stop Believing!!!!!!!!

Supporting Ulster Rugby should come with a health warning!!
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

To be fair the talk about Duffy is very speculative so I wouldn't hold my breath
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

YoungMan wrote:
ginn wrote:sky sports news has just stated that blue bulls and south african back row wannenburg has signed for ulster! hope this is correct this guy is immense and would be a sure start in the back row ahead of any players we already have (ferris exception duno how much he will play this season though)
Welcome to the board>> Are you in a time zone some 12hrs behind us??
A very fine welcome to the forum, make him feel welcome why don't you :wink:

Clearly Ginn is not familiar with the strict requirement to read every post on every thread, lest you stupidly mention something already reported, followed by carefully selecting your words and checking & rechecking for grammar, spelling & punctuation so that some elder of the forum doesn't decend on you to adminsiter a suitable chastisement and where necessary - or not - pointing out one's limitations as a viable human being never mind useful contributor to this waffle shop. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome Ginn - its not easy, but you will find it occasionally rewarding. :D

A prize is available for any pedant spotting the deliberate failure to take my own advice :wink: :wink: :wink: