TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by backawaygoonahead »

joesoap25 wrote:I do not think Gavin Duffy is heading to us. There hasn't been even of a sniff of a rumour about it at Connacht and if you knew the guy he's very loyal to Connacht. Would take this rumour with a pinch of salt
Of course you could be right Joe but remember it didn't cost him a second thought clearing off to London for 3 or 4 years.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
joesoap25
Novice

Post by joesoap25 »

Duffy left because it looked like Connacht wasn't going to exist the year after. Your also talking about a man who cried when Harlequins beat Connacht in the European Challenge Cup when he was playing for Harlequins!

Also there is rumours swirling around a lad called Daniel Browne. He's a number 8 and just got released by Bath. His mother is Irish so he's IQ. Also at 31 he's a 'veteran'. He could be interesting to say the least. :red:

http://www.skysports.com/rugbyunion/pla ... 83,00.html
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

No need for Browne, would have taken him after he was released by Northampton or even before Northampton signed him but definitly wouldn't take him now.
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

Browne wont be joining.

Duffy may well have cried when Harlequins beat Connacht but he was playing for Harlequins

If he wants to cry when Ulster beat Connacht its not a problem
joesoap25
Novice

Post by joesoap25 »

Apparantly Duffy is on only the second year of a three year contract. If we're willing to buy him out of a two contract then dam we must be richer than I thought otherwisw he's not coming to Ulster
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Did Geordan Murphy ever sign that contract with Leicester...........not that we could afford him now anyway
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

I have to the conclusion Joe that you actually have no insight into whether or not Duffy is joining.

You are merely picking out reasons why it may not occur - which may or may not be valid.

That of course doesn't mean those who claim he is coming are right but sometimes it is better saying nothing.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Duffy not coming end of story, he is contracted to Connacht for next season.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
joesoap25
Novice

Post by joesoap25 »

I have to the conclusion Joe that you actually have no insight into whether or not Duffy is joining.

You are merely picking out reasons why it may not occur - which may or may not be valid.

That of course doesn't mean those who claim he is coming are right but sometimes it is better saying nothing.
No ardglass2 I just had a look at the guy and did some Detective work. Unlike you who just opens the hole in his ass and talks.

P.S. ># YOU
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

joesoap25 wrote:

No ardglass2 I just had a look at the guy and did some Detective work. Unlike you who just opens the hole in his ass and talks.

P.S. ># YOU

So you confirm my thought you do not have any direct contacts re Duffy - as I suggested.
If you care to read back on this discussion I have at no point made any claim to insider knowledge on this rumoured transaction. I sometimes do get some insider info but not on this.

Sorry you find these simple truth hard to take - a chill out pill will do you good. :roll:
joesoap25
Novice

Post by joesoap25 »

just saw the teams for the o2 challenge and stephen Lecky is mentioned in the squad as an Ulster player. Is this the same guy who used to play for Glasgow Hawks? When did we sign him?
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

just saw the teams for the o2 challenge and stephen Lecky is mentioned in the squad as an Ulster player. Is this the same guy who used to play for Glasgow Hawks? When did we sign him?
Probably the same player. He seems to have one of those names which are frequently spelled differently (Lecky, Leckey, Leckie).
We have not signed him.

Think along the lines of prior Provincial representation at age grade for, at least some of, the players named.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

has the squad been finalised?
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Confirmation of Pienaar’s release date and his subsequent arrival in Belfast means that the Ulster Rugby Squad for 2010-11 is now complete, and with the arrival of three top quality South African players in Pienaar, Johann Muller and Pedrie Wannenburg the anticipation for an exciting and successful season is building.
forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11330&start=15
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

cheers browner - cracking pack and 9 but have to be concerned with the back 3.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'