Leinster thread 2010/11

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Re: Leinster thread 2010/11

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Quality performance by Leinster once again when the chips were down. A couple of weeks ago they were looking a shambles but now they look the business even with the injuries which they have plenty of.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Leinster at the RDS yesterday was sublime. Rarely do we get a performance where ALL players perform so well.
Munster's last minute try and bonus -point was astonishing. Wallace is still some player.
I didn't see any of your game but it's a good start. You'd have to worry about Biarritz after their win today.
Here's to next week!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Sexton makes a huge difference to this team. He can really get this backline operating. If he could perfect his kicking he would be close to perfect for Ireland.

Great stuff from Leinster.

Great result for Ulster too but I couldn't manage to see the game so cannot comment on the performance.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

I thought Leinster played the best rugby of the weekend and that Boss made an improvement in the speed of distribution and the intensity of attack when he came on. However, the injuries sustained may affect their future performances now.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

for dog and ulcer wrote:I thought Leinster played the best rugby of the weekend and that Boss made an improvement in the speed of distribution and the intensity of attack when he came on. However, the injuries sustained may affect their future performances now.
Absolutely & the complete reverse of their game against Munster where IB was very ordinary & the useless Reddan made the difference when he came on. Its pretty good for Leinster to have 2 guys competing well for the jumper but I'd still rather Ulster's position with RP being head & shoulders above either IB or Reddan. Piennar is "the gifted one" and the fact that he is 2 tries in 2 games has given us something that we have lacked for a decade or more - a scrum-half who the opposition have to worry about.

Can't remember who it was but I saw some eijit suggesting we play RP at 10 with Marshall at 9 because "Piennar can't do anything that Marshall can't" (or words to that effect - wasn't going to waste a second of my life looking for that dolt's actual words) I know most people on here only want the best for Ulster but with opinions like that - shishhhhhhhhh! :scratch: :duh:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

It will be interesting to see how Luke Fitz gets on tomorrow at 13 in the absence of BOD. I don't think he has ever played at a reasonable level in this position before although I am open to correction. I wouldn't be surprised if he shines there.

I'd expect Leinster to win this game. Hopefully they will.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

Wembleys quite a sight! Nice to be able to relax a bit for a match!

Hilywoodmike - tinny tempah has just performed accompanied by awesome cheerleaders.. Who actually removed layers of clothes during the show!! IS NICE!! :D
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

stand up... for the saracens!!!
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Shan wrote:It will be interesting to see how Luke Fitz gets on tomorrow at 13 in the absence of BOD. I don't think he has ever played at a reasonable level in this position before although I am open to correction. I wouldn't be surprised if he shines there.

I'd expect Leinster to win this game. Hopefully they will.
Thought he had played with BOD during some of D'Arcy's many injuries but could well be wrong.

Don't think Sarries are as good as Sky believe & expect a Leinster win but expect a tight game - unless Leinster's backs really click.

Not Leinster's biggest fan but hope they win.

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

On the other hand..............................5-3 down. Softish try.

Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

Think Leinster have the nous and grit to win this.

AT the very least they will get a bonus point.
Why? Why not?
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

OK this will sound naive perhaps but you have a lineout 10 metres out, you have a 6'10" jumper and throw to the back ? WTF?

Leading 9-8 & looking like they are trying a tight game but go when a chance crops up but they are making the sort of errors that we make in abundance. Sarries haven't looked like creating anything since their try but have an easy kick to lead 11-9.

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Tight game but Leinster now very much on top with a quality try from Sexton, the move starting in their own half. 11-22.

Penalty to Sarries 14-22 enter Isaac Boss. 4 quick penalties against Leinster, yellow for Strauss 17-22 Pen Leinster straight from ko 17-25 & quickly pen to Sarries who go for the corner but screw it up from the lineout.

Barnes complaining about pen for Leinster for blocking & then effusive about what a great decision to penalise Horgan for being half a metre offside chasing a kick :lol:

Pen Sarries 20-25 - 10 to go - enter the polar bear. Sexton misses easier dg than NOC at Connacht :(

23-25 penalty count 7-2 in 2nd half against Leinster. Defending 30 phases at the end to win.

Tight but a good win.

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Only caught the last few minutes of this game but delighted Leinster won.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if Ulster could make it 3 out of 3 for Ireland tomorrow. 4 if you include Connacht.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Brendan Venter throws the toys out of the pram - everything was the refs fault. Rugby is going to die! Have just watched 3 very entertaining (in different ways) matches - don't think so Brendie :lol:

Oh thank God - Will Greenwood has just assured me that the game isn't dying. :D

Getting worries about Ulster tomorrow - too many people on TV are saying we are in with a good shout.

The other day I heard Edwards say "Nobody wants to play Ulster" - ffs am I dreaming - we all know we have yet to play any rugby :?