Leinster thread 2010/11

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Leinster thread 2010/11

Post by Shan »

Only caught the last few minutes of this game but delighted Leinster won.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if Ulster could make it 3 out of 3 for Ireland tomorrow. 4 if you include Connacht.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Brendan Venter throws the toys out of the pram - everything was the refs fault. Rugby is going to die! Have just watched 3 very entertaining (in different ways) matches - don't think so Brendie :lol:

Oh thank God - Will Greenwood has just assured me that the game isn't dying. :D

Getting worries about Ulster tomorrow - too many people on TV are saying we are in with a good shout.

The other day I heard Edwards say "Nobody wants to play Ulster" - ffs am I dreaming - we all know we have yet to play any rugby :?

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

I thought Leinster had more right to complain about the refereeing- the penalty count was very one way in the 2nd half especially towards the end. Good result and a deserved win. Was anybody else irritated by the bias and hyperbole of the SKY match commentators? I am tempted to watch SKY matches with the sound off except I would miss the 16th man noise, the whistle and the ref and other officials' comments. I wish they would stop twittering in ecstasy about the next English false rugby God. Greenwood, Wallace etc in the studio are ok though.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Shan wrote:Only caught the last few minutes of this game but delighted Leinster won.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if Ulster could make it 3 out of 3 for Ireland tomorrow. 4 if you include Connacht.
Jeez- have the English taken Connacht? Erin go bragh!! :D
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Just back from the game at Wembley.

Saracens theme song "Stand Up for the Saracens" (but not to the same tune as SUFTU) possibly one of the most annoying things that has ever been invented. Ever.

Leinster good value for the win but Saracens are nothing special. They had lots of possession in the backs but just seemed to move the ball from one side to another with no angles or offloads and the Sarries pack didn't have the bite and aggression of Leinster.

First time for me in the new Wembley. Not as good as the Millenium but better than Twickenham IMO. Saracens had cheerleaders so HWM would have been happy.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

mikerob wrote:
Saracens had cheerleaders so HWM would have been happy.
It was amusing to see Will Greenwood try very hard not to be seen on camera looking at them. Very fixed eye contact in the opposite direction. Missus must have been watching coverage. :D :D
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

HWM saw the cheerleaders from CIYMS and I can confirm that they made him happy
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

was at the game with mikerob (and others). one thing that annoyed me more than anything else was that Saracens kept playing 'atmospheric' music DURING play. ie, when saracens were approaching the leinster try line, they'd play loud drum beats over the tannoy. that cannot be legal, can it. tantamount to cheating. venter's got a nerve accusing anyone else of anything when his side do that...
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

for dog and ulcer wrote: Was anybody else irritated by the bias and hyperbole of the SKY match commentators? I am tempted to watch SKY matches with the sound off except I would miss the 16th man noise, the whistle and the ref and other officials' comments.................. Greenwood, Wallace etc in the studio are ok though.
I normally find Barnes OK but he was letting his red rose show a little today.

Greenwood is my favourite rugby Englishman* and is usually very fair - he clearly thought Venter, who has previous for this type of nonsense, was talking ballix.

* Have had respect for Greenwood since I saw that the England RWC 93 team were asked what was the greatest moment of the WC. Too a man, except for Greenwood they said "When JW kicked the DG to win". Greenwood said it was Elton Welsby's late pen to go to extra time. He said he couldn't believe the scroat Welsby must have to kick that under pressure was fantastic. Thought it marked him out as a little more thoughtful than the rest.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

backawaygoonahead wrote:
* Have had respect for Greenwood since I saw that the England RWC 93 team were asked what was the greatest moment of the WC. Too a man, except for Greenwood they said "When JW kicked the DG to win". Greenwood said it was Elton Welsby's late pen to go to extra time. He said he couldn't believe the scroat Welsby must have to kick that under pressure was fantastic. Thought it marked him out as a little more thoughtful than the rest.
OK I can't resist. I'm sure you meant 2003 and unless I'm missing something such as a nickname wasn't it Elton Flatley who kicked that penalty?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

for dog and ulcer wrote: Jeez- have the English taken Connacht? Erin go bragh!! :D
:lol:

The only part of Ireland the English didn't want. Pity the IRFU feel the same way about the province. >TT

Mind you if they had known about the Corrib gas field I'm sure they'd have had a different opinion. Just a pity the Govt of my country gave it all away to Royal Shell.
>TM >TM

I'm sure good old Ollie C wouldn't have approved. :)
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

backawaygoonahead wrote:
Getting worries about Ulster tomorrow - too many people on TV are saying we are in with a good shout.
As they say down these parts " Believe"
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Shan wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:
OK I can't resist. I'm sure you meant 2003 and unless I'm missing something such as a nickname wasn't it Elton Flatley who kicked that penalty?
hahahahahahahaha - right on both counts :oops: Too much beer whilst watching 3 games back to back. In my slightly hungover state I now recall that Elton Welsby was a minor football commentator/ presenter for ITV (the poor man's Jim Rosenthal :lol: )- probably around 1993 :wink: although very clearly I am open to massive quanities of correction :salut:

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Shan wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:
As they say down these parts " Believe"
Optimism always worries me Shan, not in my nature despite some earlier buuish comments on other threads, :wink:

Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Sexton absolutely cemented his place as the Irish 10. ROG played well too and will be a good back up.

Anyone share my view that it's an absolute pleasure to see Stringer's pass again? His linking up with team mates is like a lubricant. For a baldy little midget he gets a few tackles in as well.

Stringer/Sexton? :mexican: