Positives & Negatives: Ulster V Bath

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: Positives & Negatives: Ulster V Bath

Post by ColinM »

It is true youngsters such as centre Nevin Spence, who scored a fine try yesterday (but then got himself sin-binned at a crucial time)[/quote]

Once you read this part, you can relax as you know that he didnt see the match
Rule13b
Novice

Re: Positives & Negatives: Ulster V Bath

Post by Rule13b »

Nothng new here Bill's articles inthe Belast Telegraph are rubbish.

Thought the boys did really well onsaturday considering their experiences on Friday.

The point that seems to have been overlloked about our " ageing Scrum half" is it was his break inthe dying minutes of the game that relieved the pressure from Bath and put them on the back foot. I dont think that any Ulster supporter is blind to the limitations of I Humph but at last you are always sure to get excitement from him either good or sometimes bad but never Boring.
NOC has his good points but excitement is definitely not one of his stock in trade qualities. Noc either kicks or passes but does not get the blood going with any individual flair.
Mind you as said above Big brother Humph had his moments at times too.
From what I have seen of both Botha and Mueller they are both very committed and certsainly not hee on a pensioners outing.
Yes Diack was born in S.africa but is in his third season with Ulster and is in my oinion a superb player, especially under a high ball have often thought before when we were strugling at Full back that we could do worse than try him their.
But now he is an integral part of our back row. It must be a nightmare perming 3 out of 5 for the backrow each week. I feel sorry for te likes of TJ and the other backrow forwads who are not bad pl;ayers but are not getting a look in at the moment.
The Second row is nearly as bad with the decision on whther to pick Barker or Touhey to partner Mueller. ryan Caldwell had some good games early on and is perhaps unlucky not to feature althugh his penalty count has improved it still is lurking their.
Mybe not up to Toulouse standard but it has been a longtime since we have had such a strong potential bench to call upon each week.
I know that Cave, Whiten, Marshall Simth and Gilroy are not staring at the moment but if any of them had to slot in I doubt if it would cause many sleepless nights.