McLaughlin - time to go back to school?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: McLaughlin - time to go back to school?

Post by Rooster »

Windeos wrote:I can't work out if your fishing here or being serious. RP is a world class player who it would seem people don't value at all.

Are people actually watching RP when he plays for us?
Selective vision and seeing what they want to see versus what actually takes place is the problem with the pair of them I think :scratch:
Either that or just don't notice the subtle parts of a match which at the end of the day produce results.
Pienaar on for the last 30mins on Saturday may have produced a win for us or at least would not have finished up with handing 2 daft trys to Munster at the end, Marshals daft dash straight into Munster without any backup would have gone down the line for a lineout and the last one would have been belted into the stands.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Pienaar on for the last 30mins on Saturday may have produced a win for us or at least would not have finished up with handing 2 daft trys to Munster at the end, Marshals daft dash straight into Munster without any backup would have gone down the line for a lineout and the last one would have been belted into the stands.
That's a bit unfair Rooster....are you forgetting Peinaars pass to Humph in the Munster game at Ravenhill?

Anyway...with Peinaar,Marshall and Porter we're well provided for at 9.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Windeos wrote:Well sure don't hold back there, go on ahead and tell us what you really think 'backawaygoonahead'. Good to see there is still a few 'old heads' out there to keep us Young'uns in line..make sure we don't express too forthright an opinion and all that.

'Beattiespastie', good on you lad...totally agree with the comment on Marshall/Pienaar. RP has (so far) been a poor signing considering the investment we've made in him. He was average for Natal, average for the Boks and so far distinctly average for Ulster...not necessarily an awful player, but very far from being a great one. Marshall may not be a better player but in fairness to the guy at least he doesn't cost us a small fortune in wages. Utter garbage, on that criteria we could bring on a scarecrow at 9 - low maintenance & would have felt right at home at Thomond - wages could be minimal & he wouldn't eat too much. Get a grip on yourselves.

But then hey 'Beattiespastie' what would I know?? You'd be better consulting 'backawaygoonahead' on such issues....his concise and informative take on the subject would no doubt impress you. I am available on a consultancy basis - perhaps you would like to send your postings to me by PM prior to general publication for correction. It would save you the embarrassment of posting unabridged drivel and appearing more oafish than strictly is necessary. Glad to help.
Windies - Call a spade a shovel if you wish - it remains a spade -rest assured I will continue to tell you what I really think until the sellotape is firmly attached to the cardboard box in which I am cremated.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Don_Alfonso
Novice

Post by Don_Alfonso »

As far as I can recall, Pienaar basically won our home game against Glasgow for us - the first that he played in. Scored all our points, including a solo try. So he's given us at least four league points.

I thought we saw the best and worst of Marshall against Munster - very zippy pass, lots of hustle and also a tendency to panic and try things when they're not on. A bit more calm, with the same delivery, and he'll be very useful indeed.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

That's a bit unfair Rooster....are you forgetting Peinaars pass to Humph in the Munster game at Ravenhill?

Anyway...with Peinaar,Marshall and Porter we're well provided for at 9.
Not forgetting Pienaars pass to ihumph, if it had worked it was an almost certain try for us and Pienaar would have been best thing since sliced Ormeau whereas Marshalls last 5 mins were total headless chicken stuff which were not going to change the end result of the match
Still think Marshall is a decent scrum half but he needs to put his brain in gear more often, as for Porter there was an oppertunity to play him yet it was just taken as ballast in the bus along with Andi K and Cronin
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

cables wrote:Image
Ah - so sweet Cables. Sadly although it may not suit my personality exactly my main objection would be the cost such a premium coffin would attract. I had thought more of one of the large boxes that Kelloggs wrap their king sized boxes on Cornflakes in to deliver in bulk to Tesco.

In these straightened times I wish to leave as much of my wealth, such as it is, to my offspring, so I fear I must fore-go this thing of beauty in favour of a more utilitarian approach to my incineration.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Billyboy
Novice

Post by Billyboy »

[quote="darkside lightside"]We're in the first day of the year, but the winner of the 2011 witless bullsh1t award has already gone to Ryan Constable for a series of embarrasingly partial, and inaccurate, analytical comments - variations on a theme of 'good show Ulster, yes a couple of errors, didn't get the rub of the green, but good show'

Boll0cks to you darkside lightside - I take it you were a real Ulster supporter and made the trip to Limerick you would know the atmosphere this young side played in - open you eyes it was good show until the last 10 minutes, yes they made errors, and they didn't get the rub of the green or the whistle at the 5 metre scrums but all in all it was a good display.

Make an new years resolution darkside lightside and your other half cornerfleg - learn how to read a game and stop posting SH1T!!
Always ate your spuds....
troupe86
Novice

Post by troupe86 »

I think that Darkside Lightside is the most negative Ulster supporter that I have ever encountered, to be fair.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

troupe86 wrote:I think that Darkside Lightside is the most negative Ulster supporter that I have ever encountered, to be fair.
To be fair I rather like his posts.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Billyboy wrote:
darkside lightside wrote:We're in the first day of the year, but the winner of the 2011 witless bullsh1t award has already gone to Ryan Constable for a series of embarrasingly partial, and inaccurate, analytical comments - variations on a theme of 'good show Ulster, yes a couple of errors, didn't get the rub of the green, but good show'

Boll0cks to you darkside lightside - I take it you were a real Ulster supporter and made the trip to Limerick you would know the atmosphere this young side played in - open you eyes it was good show until the last 10 minutes, yes they made errors, and they didn't get the rub of the green or the whistle at the 5 metre scrums but all in all it was a good display.

Make an new years resolution darkside lightside and your other half cornerfleg - learn how to read a game and stop posting SH1T!!
Billyboy: sorry to disagree with you but although DL has a tendancy to go for the outraged, highpitched, filmstarlet reaction to a setback or when engaging in meaningful discussion on coaches -but your "real supporter" jibe is pathetic. He is undoubtedly an Ulster fan but just has his tantrums like most of us.

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

troupe86 wrote:I think that Darkside Lightside is the most negative Ulster supporter that I have ever encountered, to be fair.
See response to Billyboy.

troupe86
Novice

Post by troupe86 »

Oh, he is most certainly an Ulster supporter - but like you suggested Backaway... he is sensationalist and negative when something bad happens.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

troupe86 wrote:Oh, he is most certainly an Ulster supporter - but like you suggested Backaway... he is sensationalist and negative when something bad happens.
Oh all right then Troupe - I'm obviously not his No.1 fan just trying to be "hard but fair."

Billyboy
Novice

Post by Billyboy »

backawaygoonahead wrote:
troupe86 wrote:Oh, he is most certainly an Ulster supporter - but like you suggested Backaway... he is sensationalist and negative when something bad happens.
Oh all right then Troupe - I'm obviously not his No.1 fan just trying to be "hard but fair."
But was he in Limerick on Saturday? Was he actually there supporting Ulster?

Just saw this pic of TJ Anderson getting a wack from Leamy and look where the ref is.
http://www.dicksondigital.com/index.cgi ... 111_94.jpg
Always ate your spuds....