Ravens v Moseley

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ravens v Moseley

Post by mikerob »

brianc wrote:Quite right Al, DL seems to forget that in every league in every sport on the planet someone wins & someone finishes last, however apparently UR are exempt from that & must win everything at every level
The thing about the Ravens in the B&I Cup is - are they even seriously trying to win? (as you've said yourself)

I've seen the Ravens in 2 B&I Cup games this season and while the opposition seemed to be treating it seriously, for the Ravens it seemed to be more like a pre-season game. The bench looked to be emptied based upon the clock rather than performances on the pitch, there was no continuity in selection for key combinations and so on.

If UR were serious about trying to win games and progress in the competition, then they would hardly approach it in the manner they are appearing to do so. If they see it as just a development opportunity for some kids, they can hardly complain if the plug gets pulled because other teams don't see the value in taking part in this.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

Big-al wrote:Leinster have done very little in this competition.
:scratch:

Newport 28 - 33 Leinster A
Leinster A 25-16 Plymouth Albion
Cornish Pirates 43-12 Leinster A
Leinster A 38-23 Worcester Warriors
Leinster A 30-7 Currie

so one loss, the rest a series of comprehensive victories, including a beating handed out to Worcester, who are top of ND1 by 20 points (Moseley are second bottom).

I think it's fair to expect Ravens to compete better, particularly when you hear from people who saw the match that they didn't seem well-prepared or up for it, and given that we are always telling ourselves on here about all the bright young things coming through.
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Rule13b
Novice

Post by Rule13b »

The thing tha seems to be forgotten that the likes of Mosley are a regular side competing every week where as The Ravens are a gather up of available players as in deed are Lienster but they will alays be playing second fiddle to the neds of Ulster in what is a usfull but minor competition.
The FRU
Squire

Post by The FRU »

Seem to remember the Ravens giving Leinster a good spanking earlier in the season http://thefru.co.uk/frumu/2010/11/20/a- ... ravens-31/

Mind you Jonny Bell was still heavily involved then - before he moved up to the senior coaching team.
Save the Cheerleader, Save Hollywood Mike!

http://thefrontrowunion.com