John Hayes to retire after the World Cup?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

John Hayes to retire after the World Cup?

Post by rumncoke »

Took an aethereal trip to Munsterfans ( Cyclops Paradise) where there is much weeping because it is reported that Hayes contract has not been extended beyond the World Cup .
Given Hickeys less than 100% performance at the last World Cup after he announced his retirement do You consider that Hayes should be picked for this World Cup?
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: John Hayes to retire after the World Cup?

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rum, if you mean Hickie then yes, I see no parrallel whatsoever & the options outside of Hayes frankly stink.

Not of course that Bull is odour free however a blindman listening to the ML final would know that Bull is still just about better than the rest as backup to Ross.

As for Munsterfans, why oh why oh why do people go there? I suspect most just want a cheap whine on here, a place so free of one eyed keytappers that all other forums appear to be populated by maniacs :shock:

Stones and glasshouse come to mind Rum. :wink:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

he should still be picked as the other options aren't quite as good. don't know what happened to Hickie at the last WC but I'd hope that level of performance would be relatively unrepeatable!

retirement is surely beckoning for the Bull though.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

those who know me would not say I was one eyed but there are a few hereabouts can't see beyond ulster and their own favorite players and God help you if you expose the warts .

Problem is that while Hayes had a decent final in the Ml he has not been a starter in every game ( even when fit) and there is a big difference between ML and International games also the Ml final was to some extent an anti-climax for Leinster and the pace of the game was dominated by the Munster forwards. Is Hayes up to the pace of an International ? Especially if one considers that it is highly propable that 50 % of all scrums will result in Free kicks and Penalties .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

BaggyTrousers wrote:As for Munsterfans, why oh why oh why do people go there? I suspect most just want a cheap whine on here, a place so free of one eyed keytappers that all other forums appear to be populated by maniacs :shock:
i lasted 2-3 posts on there before i got booted off.
of course, this should be clarified - this occurred during quins great victory in limerick in the amlin...
they didnt respond well to my mocking... i even got an email from one of their mods along the lines of: "we appreciate banter and a good wind-up as much as the next, however when we're getting humiliated at thomond park it is not a good time. you are therefore banned for ever and ever from this site, without possibility of mercy or forgiveness, and if we catch you in limerick we will stab you."
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:As for Munsterfans, why oh why oh why do people go there? I suspect most just want a cheap whine on here, a place so free of one eyed keytappers that all other forums appear to be populated by maniacs :shock:
i lasted 2-3 posts on there before i got booted off.
of course, this should be clarified - this occurred during quins great victory in limerick in the amlin...
they didnt respond well to my mocking... i even got an email from one of their mods along the lines of: "we appreciate banter and a good wind-up as much as the next, however when we're getting humiliated at thomond park it is not a good time. you are therefore banned for ever and ever from this site, without possibility of mercy or forgiveness, and if we catch you in limerick we will stab you."
Magnificent by all concerned in my opinion :cheers: :

You: were being true to yourself & mocking them mercilessly. The bonus of never having the temptation to visit MF again.

MF Mod: had the good grace to acknowledge the quality of your banter, recognised you as a world leader in wind ups, responded with good humour but hard as nails with lifetime ban.

Result all-round in my far from humble opinion.

By the way, albeit harder territory in their current period of halcyon days, ever tried winding up a few D4 types? They really aren't my cuppacoffee, prefer Turnips by a long way - with few exceptions D4s are a "poker-up-the chuff" set when it comes to banter?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Mr Knight ... I found that reply from an MF Mod disgusting ... I was deeply upset, then I reckoned he's acting the hard man ... he must be bluffing ... he has to be bluffing ... but there's only one way to really find out ... you have to go to Limerick and walk up and down the Old Cratloe road wearing your UAFC T-shirt singing - "Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough".

Then we'll know.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

i've always found leinster boys to be fine companions.

the leinster rugby supporting gents i've met were a friend of a friend. those guy like to drink hard, quickly, and end up fit for little by 11pm. life is a sprint, not a marathon....

i also did a few posts on leinster rugby one time - made a few photoshopped images before a leinster/ulster game a few years ago and some responded in kind. nothing on the scale of the leinster/munster photoshop war (which leinster well and truly wiped their lads all over their westerly rivals). but still made me feel 'special'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Each to their own opinions but I find the "point awf Hyno" up themselves Dublin barstewards a poor excuse for company. Give me a hairy handed son of the turnip growing soil any day of the year. By all means their necks may be red & their legs a deathly shade of white but these are good old fashion begrudgers who do things simply.

No lemongrass, Thai Green Curry, noodles (noodles for Feck sake) Balti, poppadoms or other iffy foreign muck for them. No, no thank you very much, nice of you to think of it but if its all the same to you..........NO! These men will have a few rashers of hairy rind-on bacon, a pile of black pudding with a few fried eggs, pork sausages or maybe beef but nothing with too much ould shyte in them, several different spud concoctions (likely fried (not sauteed , chipped or Mash, all washed down with a gallon or so of creamy shhhtout. In short these are not Dublin metrosexuals, these are men who will fight you for an inch of bar space but buy you a pint after a chat, they couldn't give a flying fart what car you drive, what size is your house or anything else outside of what are your views on the succession at Munster? is Peter Borlaise really that bad? what will Quinnie be doing next? is Axle good enough to take over from Bumper?

In short, rugby men not hobnobbers with a passing interest whilst being jolly with similar arses.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

BagOverMyHead wrote:when i was a lad, ohhh it didn't used to be this way, change is off the devil...
spoken like a man who many years ago realised the worth in carrying a small pack of wet wipes in his back pocket at all times, for the inevitable occasion when a fart became a follow-thru...

there's a great deal to be said for foreign grub.

gnocchi - truly wonderful stuff. gnocchi with bolognese, well, culinary boner right there.
noodles are quite simply, well simple - and delicious.
the pizza, the doner kebab, vindaloo, chicken chow mein, chimichangas, tacos, buritos, garlic methi....

catch up with the rest of the world, and try and drag those goons from limerick along with u!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Sadly some of the vile foreign muck - a great quanity of which I consumed last night - aggrivates an old war wound which has my innards fecked up and swimming with acid.

Anyway whilst I fully understand the joys of culinary diversity there is equally feck all wrong with the joys of a finely manufactured black pudding - go on yis turnips, horse it into ye.