Ulster players returning from the RWC

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Ulster players returning from the RWC

Post by ColinM »

Danielli - had a terrific showing in the RWC and shoul dbe hungry to build on that and earn a contract next year (here or elsewhere)

Ferris - has played a few 80mins in the last month or two and until today he looked at his best. Took a number of heavy blows today and who knows how good that knee really is? Should be in line for about 3wks rest once back home

Court - has at least been invovled with matchday squads, should be OK to step straight back in. Should be a revelation to have a LHP in the team. Brady will be pleased.

Wallace -like Court should step straight back into the team. What he's lost in pace we badly need in control in the backs.

Trimble - should be like a coiled spring. Wouldnt like to be facing him

Best- Hope he wasnt playing with injury today, like Ferris will need a couple of extra weeks off but he's been one of Irelands talismen this tournament

Ruan, Johan, Afoa - who knows what shape they're in but will be undercooked and need to play every match when they get here to be up to speed for the HEC

Add these guys in and we start to look more like a team. My fear is that of all the areas we've been lacking our returning players will bolster effectively except for the back row as i dont really see 1F playing any P12 games.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster players returning from the RWC

Post by damianmcr »

Once our players are back what will be our best team? Surely Ferris could play a few P12 games even coming off as a sub once the game is wrapped up against weaker opposition.

I just cannot wait to get Ruan back.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

damianmcr wrote:Once our players are back what will be our best team? Surely Ferris could play a few P12 games even coming off as a sub once the game is wrapped up against weaker opposition.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Aye, like Treviso 2nds.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I was thinking this when I wrote it but we will be a different team this time next month.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Hope so....
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I know its early days but I personally would love Ruan to stay on for another year but if our performances dont pick up we cant really expect the lad to stay tho it doesnt look like he has much off a future in the Springboks besides the odd run out. Same goes for us trying to bring in big name players. Much more of this and Ulster wont seem an attractive place to come.

Am I taking it a bit too far?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

What's Neil McMillen up to these days?
stejoe
Novice

Post by stejoe »

Play Ruan at 10 when he comes back...PLEASE!! SA don't need him to cover scrum half now RWC is over.
stejoe
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

stejoe wrote:Play Ruan at 10 when he comes back...PLEASE!! SA don't need him to cover scrum half now RWC is over.
:scratch: I thought he didn't want to play at 10? That'd be a sure fire way of making him want to leave ASAP.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

stejoe wrote:Play Ruan at 10 when he comes back...PLEASE!! SA don't need him to cover scrum half now RWC is over.
Why? He is a 9, Wants to play 9 and we need a 9 moreso than 10 were the IHumph/Pienaar Partnership has served very well last season. Have you not been paying attention Joey boy?
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Big-al wrote:What's Neil McMillen up to these days?
Word was he was getting released by the sharks last season, but seems to be still there. Can't beleive we brought in McComish and not him :?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Don't feed the troll
stejoe
Novice

Post by stejoe »

namron wrote:
Why? He is a 9, Wants to play 9 and we need a 9 moreso than 10 were the IHumph/Pienaar Partnership has served very well last season. Have you not been paying attention Joey boy?
He has played 10 for SA and we need a 10 ... or at least one who is prepared to take his defensive duties seriously.
stejoe
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

stejoe wrote:
namron wrote:
He has played 10 for SA and we need a 10 ... or at least one who is prepared to take his defensive duties seriously.
We need a 9 that can control a pack at the breakdown and pass the feckin ball to the 10 without him needing superhuman acrobatic skills.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Wonder if Jackson could come in at 10 when Pienaar takes the kicks.