Humph and the RO'Gliarch

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

You begin to wonder has comical lost control of the team, as I said i have some sympathy for him given the ego's now telling him how the game should be played.

Then again comical set himself up as an autocratic ruler of the Irish coaching regime and appears to have found himself overpowered by player power to the point where team selection is not Eddie's sole preserve and tactics are now down to whether his outhalf and by assumption his outside centre and captain agree with the coach. When's the coup??
BigHairyMonster
Initiate

Post by BigHairyMonster »

Don't know about that BP. Still think O'Driscoll and O'Sullivan are close even if O'Gormless is a prima donna. They appear to be all singing from the same hymn sheet. Just not sure if they are my type of hymns.

I hope that they can actually get the ball moving next Saturday. Three reasons...,
1) Despite their heroics against England I don't think Henderson and Di Rollo are great defensive centres and O'Driscoll and D'Arcy ought to be able to cut them up
2) I have both of the Irish centres in my fantasy team along with Trimble and they owe me a game :D I'm currently lauguishing in the private league in work!!!
3) I've got tickets for Dublin next week and want to see a massacre of the Scots so I can mock my colleagues!!!!!!!!
Regards
BHM
Geal'us Dearg a suas - Up the White and Red
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

Sorry if I disappointed you by not rising to the bait DB 8)
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Damn you GO! :lol:
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

Ulster proud sponsors of Comical Eddie! :roll:
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Leinster assistant coach Knox speaking in the Sunday papers said that EO'S had never phoned up to enquire how such and such player was playing at Leinster and cited the case of Robert Kearney who Knox said, at nineteen was old enough to die for his country but not old enough to play for it at international rugby. He went on to use the example of Tim Horan playing for the Wallabies at a young age.

One wonders though, would it be easier for Kearney, if he was picked by EO'S and coming from Leinster, to break through the glass ceiling that is the senior players cabal made up of Munster and Leinster players than it was for Tommy Bowe. The comment that players like Bowe simply weren't getting the ball sticks in my head. Surely they play as team Ireland, don't they?? :shock: :shock: