What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

What annoys people????

Post by shamalicious »

It's hard to have faith in the human race having to deal with the general public.

It's scary how many selfish, horrible, even abusive people there are out there. Try not to think about it too much- it's too depressing.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

What annoys people????

Post by shamalicious »

Worth stressing that the nice ones don't go unnoticed! :-)
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What annoys people????

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
shamalicious wrote:It's hard to have faith in the human race having to deal with the general public.

It's scary how many selfish, horrible, even abusive people there are out there. Try not to think about it too much- it's too depressing.
Just wrong. For every mean and nasty person there are so many more decent people who work, raise children, do voluntary work, and help. The general public get tarred with the one or two awkward people you have had to deal with tha day. You failed to notice the hundreds that smed and said thank you.
Absolutely right LastKnight, I worked with/for the public all my working life and the good outnumber the ballixes by an enormous ratio.

I did however lose count of the number of colleagues I told "if you find people an inconvenience to the smooth operation of your job, you need to find a new career." Frankly, barring a select band of colleagues who I still hold in high regard, it was the customers who kept me borderline sane. Close run thing of course but probably just about on the right side of that line.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Queuing to pay in a petrol station and some jerk walks to the front, says "That's 20 for petrol" hands it to the woman behind the till and walks out.
eoinsy96
Novice

Post by eoinsy96 »

italian tv broadcasters who's wires burn in the sun, those blokes do my head in
STANN OP VIR DIE ULSTERMAAN
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Barstewards who go to the trouble of picking up their dog's mess and then throw the wee black bag into a bush, WTF's that all about?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

big mervyn wrote:Barstewards who go to the trouble of picking up their dog's mess and then throw the wee black bag into a bush, WTF's that all about?
it's a credit to you that you don't understand their mentality
Those people are the lowest type of humanity, sneaky psycopathic sociopathic scumbags.
Previously they would have pretended to be really interested in something in the other direction as their dog shat.
An appropriate punishment would be to force them to dogshit
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

pythagoras wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Barstewards who go to the trouble of picking up their dog's mess and then throw the wee black bag into a bush, WTF's that all about?
it's a credit to you that you don't understand their mentality
Those people are the lowest type of humanity, sneaky psycopathic sociopathic scumbags.
Previously they would have pretended to be really interested in something in the other direction as their dog shat.
An appropriate punishment would be to force them to dogshit
Quite right...

I have recently taken an oath of allegiance to poo patrol. As the father of two small people I see it as my duty to enforce poo legislation on the ignorant. Thiis involves notifying any dog owners I see that miss/ignore the constitutional deposits of their pooch. Frankly I would expect the same notification as sometimes you can miss it happening. But there are others that just don't see it as their responsibility-----they will be educated if I catch them....

Yes I realise that I'm risking a dig or two in the snout from the odd scumbag, but that wouldn't be worse than having to clean the dog poo encrusted shoes of a 7 and 9 year old.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Have to say, the provision of bins for disposable of said (bagged) deposits is abysmal on the Lagan towpath.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Re: What annoys people????

Post by Jackie Brown »

big mervyn wrote:Have to say, the provision of bins for disposable of said (bagged) deposits is abysmal on the Lagan towpath.
Surely that is what the Lagan is for...
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Re: What annoys people????

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Have to say, the provision of bins for disposable of said (bagged) deposits is abysmal on the Lagan towpath.
Now, you wouldn't want to be clockin' the Lagan seal with a dog jobbie (or any jobbie for that matter). The Lagan's a great place for wildlife especially upriver from the Staranmillis weir. Cormorants, herons, kingfishers if you keep your eyes peeled. Best time to go is at dusk when there's a good chance of spotting an otter.
Big Neville Southall
Muddy Bless
Initiate

Post by Muddy Bless »

big mervyn wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:
Now, you wouldn't want to be clockin' the Lagan seal with a dog jobbie (or any jobbie for that matter). The Lagan's a great place for wildlife especially upriver from the Staranmillis weir. Cormorants, herons, kingfishers if you keep your eyes peeled. Best time to go is at dusk when there's a good chance of spotting an otter.
Alternately you could head to cutters for the chance of a ganzee at some beaver..... :duck:
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

There are lots of lovely people out there; they're called females!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

Lorrys. Why do they always seem to breakdown on the westlink? The busiest road in NI and doesn't have a hard shoulder?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

An itchy beg in a crowded room.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.