Scarlets Congratulate You.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

CaptainWaffleMeister
Novice

Scarlets Congratulate You.

Post by CaptainWaffleMeister »

I'm sure I speak for all Scarlet fans when I say well done today. Your defence was brilliant, maybe the try was a bit lucky but that's not the point. You really excelled yourselves today. It's great to see a boastful, cocky, over-confident Munster team get humbled like that. Personally I was supporting you guys because if not for Munster's luck it's very likely that the Scarlets would've won the group instead. Also it's great to see different teams progress further into the competition this year instead of your usual Toulose or Munster. I hate to say it but if you guys play like you did today for the rest of the season you will probably deny us or Glasgow of a play-off place.
I wish you guys the best of luck in the Heineken Cup (although as a Scarlet fan I hope you fail badly in the Rabodirect :lol: )
Jockster
Squire

Re: Scarlets Congratulate You.

Post by Jockster »

Thanks Waffler---however never underestimate the ability of a Munster team--they usually create their own luck. Best wishes for the rest of your season.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Many thanks CaptainWaffleMeister - best of luck against Brive this evening!
Starsky
Initiate

Post by Starsky »

CaptainWaffleMeister wrote:I'm sure I speak for all Scarlet fans when I say well done today. Your defence was brilliant, maybe the try was a bit lucky but that's not the point. You really excelled yourselves today. It's great to see a boastful, cocky, over-confident Munster team get humbled like that. Personally I was supporting you guys because if not for Munster's luck it's very likely that the Scarlets would've won the group instead. Also it's great to see different teams progress further into the competition this year instead of your usual Toulose or Munster. I hate to say it but if you guys play like you did today for the rest of the season you will probably deny us or Glasgow of a play-off place.
I wish you guys the best of luck in the Heineken Cup (although as a Scarlet fan I hope you fail badly in the Rabodirect :lol: )
Thanks Captain, don't agree try was lucky though. Young Gilroy has a mercury skeleton don't you know?
One does not simply walk into Ulster
petey11
Novice

Post by petey11 »

Thanks for the congratulations what was lucky about that try?
cyril
Initiate

Post by cyril »

yep once again guys well done :salut:
i love munching Leeks....Image
CaptainWaffleMeister
Novice

Post by CaptainWaffleMeister »

petey11 wrote:Thanks for the congratulations what was lucky about that try?
I think you guys are taking this the wrong way. It was an excellent try from the wing, it's just Munster missed 1 or 2 tackles and if you watch closely the ref actually gets in the way of the no9 as he's getting back. Maybe you guys are right and even if Munster did everything right the try would still have been scored, but all I'm trying to say is that that try was equally down to the Ulster wing's ability as it was down to Munster's mistakes.
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

CaptainWaffleMeister wrote:
I think you guys are taking this the wrong way. It was an excellent try from the wing, it's just Munster missed 1 or 2 tackles and if you watch closely the ref actually gets in the way of the no9 as he's getting back. Maybe you guys are right and even if Munster did everything right the try would still have been scored, but all I'm trying to say is that that try was equally down to Ulster wing's ability as it was down to Munster's mistakes.
Aren't most things that way? Especially with a bit of :drunken:
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Cheers Waffle
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Even if Gilroy was tackled there were about 5 supporting players to offload to or ruck. He probably should have passed but who cares he deserves all the credit for a fantastic try.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Wafflemeister, though I'm Ulster to the core I respect Munster above all other teams. I don't think its too strong to say that Munster along with Toulouse & probably Tigers have been the teams that have made the HC what it is now.

Whilst I am happy to accept your congratulations I think your talking crap about your pool, what Munster showed in that group is that they are in transition but they are the most crafty team in the HC. Beat them & you are not far away, you guys couldn't do it much as I think Scarlets have some very good players coming through.

I don't do turning over & having my tummy tickled when someone says how good we were, I respect all good teams & don't like to see balls talked about them. Munster will come again.

I'm beginning to see Ulster v Clermont in the final & we had two great struggles in the pool. Hats off to Micky Brad & Edinburgh but surely we will trounce them - only have to turn up sort of a game with 50000 in the Aviva almost all in white - 99 revisited.

Pretty sure two teams from the same pool have never contested the final - Cables?????
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
blackwarrior
Novice

Post by blackwarrior »

CaptainWaffleMeister wrote:I'm sure I speak for all Scarlet fans when I say well done today. Your defence was brilliant, maybe the try was a bit lucky but that's not the point. You really excelled yourselves today. It's great to see a boastful, cocky, over-confident Munster team get humbled like that. Personally I was supporting you guys because if not for Munster's luck it's very likely that the Scarlets would've won the group instead. Also it's great to see different teams progress further into the competition this year instead of your usual Toulose or Munster. I hate to say it but if you guys play like you did today for the rest of the season you will probably deny us or Glasgow of a play-off place.
I only came on here to congratulate Ulster for beating us today. No arguments from us.

I'm actually going to resist the urge to reply to you Waffle Master - somehow.
MACKTHEKNIFE
Initiate

Post by MACKTHEKNIFE »

CaptainWaffleMeister wrote:
I think you guys are taking this the wrong way. It was an excellent try from the wing, it's just Munster missed 1 or 2 tackles and if you watch closely the ref actually gets in the way of the no9 as he's getting back. Maybe you guys are right and even if Munster did everything right the try would still have been scored, but all I'm trying to say is that that try was equally down to the Ulster wing's ability as it was down to Munster's mistakes.
No it was down to Ulster playing well,kicking our arses and beating us and our game.
Standing Up for the Ulstermen on May 19th.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

blackwarrior wrote:
I only came on here to congratulate Ulster for beating us today. No arguments from us.

I'm actually going to resist the urge to reply to you Waffle Master - somehow.
Showing a lot of grace there, most of us on here know he's talking through his derriere to call Munster cocky, lucky or boastful............ though Baggy is correct: they are the craftiest team in the HC making the most of what they have.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Munster will be back, the amount of players they have brought through the past couple of years has been incredible. They now don't have half as much experience as they had a year or two ago, if Ulster do become the number 2 Irish province I hope it isn't because Munster got weaker but because Ulster got better.