So apparently we have a match tonight

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: So apparently we have a match tonight

Post by Dave »

UIBF wrote:
Dave wrote:Dare I ask what UIBF stands for?
I don't know. Dare you? Sounds like you have a theory?
Well since you asked.....

Ukranian Internet Boy Friend?
Unitied International Belly Flopper?
Underestimated Incompetent Bin Fetcher?

C'mon lads chip in.....
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UIBF
Novice

Post by UIBF »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:Uibf seems like you're trying to :stir: ... Soon you'll have this turned into a fleg debate!!
Someone else mentioned the "F" word, not me. :D

I'm celebrating tonight with a relaxing drink. I'm at peace with my fellow Ulstermen.
UIBF
Novice

Post by UIBF »

Dave wrote:
UIBF wrote:
Dave wrote:Dare I ask what UIBF stands for?
I don't know. Dare you? Sounds like you have a theory?
Well since you asked.....

Ukranian Internet Boy Friend?
Unitied International Belly Flopper?
Underestimated Incompetent Bin Fetcher?

C'mon lads chip in.....
:D
weeHughF
Novice

Post by weeHughF »

UIBF wrote:
Bring Humph On!! wrote:Uibf seems like you're trying to :stir: ... Soon you'll have this turned into a fleg debate!!
Someone else mentioned the "F" word, not me. :D

I'm celebrating tonight with a relaxing drink. I'm at peace with my fellow Ulstermen.

Flegs and anthems are hot topics!

I am impressed by our performance today!

Some great young players, against a 90% full strength turnip team. The future's bright, the future's white - not yella
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Back to the game?

I thought we did pretty well (bar the scoreline). Defence was solid for the most part, line out functioned well and we weren't thrashed as bad as I thought we would be. On the negative side we were lacking at the breakdown and the scrum was poor.

If our young guys play like that every game we wouldn't do too badly by my reckoning. Obviously not good enough to reach the play-offs, but good enough to at least be ahead of Connacht. Our Rabo team should be:
15. Nelson
14. Gaston
13. Allen
12. L. Marshall
11. Cochrane
10. Olding
9. McIlroy

1. McCall
2. Annett
3. Macklin
4. Stevenson
5. McComb
6. Henderson
7. Birch
8. Diack

16. Brady, 17. Black, 18. Fitzpatrick, 19. Tuohy, 20. McComish, 21. P. Marshall, 22. O'Connor, 23. Farrell
Last edited by ruckover on Sun May 06, 2012 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Pity about the injuries just but otherwise some encouraging performances. Thought Gilroy had a good wee cameo at FB and bumping off Earls' tackle was impressive. Spence tackled like a crazy man. Diack fronted up for the third time in a row and Henderson looked the part with a very impressive try although some dodgy tackles.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Wise up ruck. If we played that team every game in the rabo we wouldnt be ahead of te Westies. We need to ease the young guys in and if that means playing them between experienced players so be it.
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ruckover wrote:Back to the game?

I thought we did pretty well (bar the scoreline). Defence was solid for the most part, line out functioned well and we weren't thrashed as bad as I thought we would be. On the negative side we were lacking at the breakdown and the scrum was poor.

If our young guys play like that every game we wouldn't do too badly by my reckoning. Obviously not good enough to reach the play-offs, but good enough to at least be ahead of Connacht. Our Rabo team should be:
15. Nelson
14. Gaston
13. Allen
12. L. Marshall
11. Cochrane
10. Olding
9. McIlroy

1. McCall
2. Annett
3. Macklin
4. Stevenson
5. McComb
6. Henderson
7. Birch
8. Diack

16. Brady, 17. Black, 18. Fitzpatrick, 19. Tuohy, 20. McComish, 21. P. Marshall, 22. O'Connor, 23. Farrell
FFS Ruckie, are you pished as a fart or trying to get a reaction, maybe you're just mad as a beg of cats. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Me thinks ruckover is away with the fairies!!!
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

... as per usual :lol:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Scoreline flattered Munster unfortunately not a very good Team performance for Ulster although there were some good individual performances but really that is what was on show individual performances.

So many of the ulster backs playing so many positions Jackson starts at 10 finishes at 10 having played half the match at 12
Whitten starts at 12 I think finishes at 12 having played wing . It seemed the only forward to play 80 mins was Henderson .

Once I saw Rolland was the ref I knew we would be in trouble either being blown off the park or allowed to be slaughtered by Munster forwards.He has previous as they say in other professions.

So who played well for Ulster -- Spence very few if any got passed him-- Diack held the lineout and the back of the scrum together --Touhy solid effort front row hard to assess given the ref . Henderson made a few mistakes but did well when scoring and for a player who has been recently played in U20 6Ns playing against Munster is a big ask and that stated a laudable game from him. Gilroy exposed Zebo for what he is a speedy finisher but has he anything else ??? If Zebo has its well hidden .

Marshall had a game to forget .

Munster-- once PoC departed were only half the force when he retires Munster will really be in trouble.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Ok, so I may have overexaggerated (ok I did), but every single one of those players is extremely talented and can play good rugby. They will all have already gelled since they came through the Academy together, and it is simply a case of replicating it on the pitch. I'd start with that team for one of the friendlies anyway.

We need a good back up team and that won't happen if we don't play these guys. How about a compromise of experience and youth:
15. D'Arcy
14. Gilroy
13. Spence
12. L. Marshall
11. Cochrane
10. Jackson
9. McIlroy

1. McAllister
2. Annett
3. Macklin
4. Stevenson
5. McComb
6. Henderson
7. Birch
8. Diack

16. Brady, 17. Black, 18. Fitzpatrick, 19. McComish, 20. Wilson, 21. P. Marshall, 22. Olding, Allen

How about that?
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

If you want a mix of youth and experience for the Rabo, we should have two or three teams and rotate them for games, that way; a) players know that they arent getting dropped, just rotated, b) less likelihood of injuries and c) develop more young players. Take some tips from Leinster books and do that. Those teams could be
1. MacAllister
2. Best
3. Macklin
4. Muller
5. McComb
6. Hendo
7. Henry
8. Wilson
9. Pienaar
10. Jackson
11. Cochrane
12. Wallace
13. Spence
14. Trimble
15. D'arcy

1. Court
2. Annett
3. Afoa
4. Tuohy
5. Stevenson
6. NIQ
7. Birch
8. Diack
9. Marshall
10. NOC
11. Gilroy
12. Marshall
13. Cave
14. Bowe
15. Payne

That doesn't only look good for the future of ulster but looks good for Irish rugby.
Muddy Bless
Initiate

Post by Muddy Bless »

breakdown wrote:If you want a mix of youth and experience for the Rabo, we should have two or three teams and rotate them for games, that way; a) players know that they arent getting dropped, just rotated, b) less likelihood of injuries and c) develop more young players. Take some tips from Leinster books and do that. Those teams could be
1. MacAllister
2. Best
3. Macklin
4. Muller
5. McComb
6. Hendo
7. Henry
8. Wilson
9. Pienaar
10. Jackson
11. Cochrane
12. Wallace
13. Spence
14. Trimble
15. D'arcy

1. Court
2. Annett
3. Afoa
4. Tuohy
5. Stevenson
6. NIQ
7. Birch
8. Diack
9. Marshall
10. NOC
11. Gilroy
12. Marshall
13. Cave
14. Bowe
15. Payne

That doesn't only look good for the future of ulster but looks good for Irish rugby.

It doesn't look so good for Ulster as it would appear Fez has gone to play elsewhere. Unless you have him wrapped up in cotton wool for the big games to be played as defending European cup champions?

I quite like the look of those youth and experience combos though. Would give me more confidence than the youth and youth combo!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Rickover; do you base your selection of McIlroy on the 20+ min of rugby you saw of him tonight, what about Porter? A far better player than McIlroy in all department, I have watched McIlroy in AIL several times this year and to say he was average is a compliment . Also McIlroys ego is bigger than a big ego thing :lol:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”