TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Big-al »

Signing NOC is purely down to Humphreys snr and not the IRFU. He's fecked up here, especially when he's letting a younger, better flyhalf leave to go to the championship.

Luke Marshall wanted to go on loan for a few months, but Humph said, "NO, we'll give you plenty of game time next season, you're staying".

iHumph wanted to leave a season early, Humph says "Fine, no problem, you're my brother so I can do anything for you"

If it was anyone else looking to leave a season early who is pretty key player within the squad I'd imagine he'd be told to suck it up and get on with it.

I hope Ulster get compensation from London Irish, although I very much doubt it!!!
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Big-al wrote:iHumph wanted to leave a season early, Humph says "Fine, no problem, you're my brother so I can do anything for you".
La famiglia.

Once a player requests to get out of contract, is there not a big risk that he would become relatively useless if he were told no?
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

cables wrote:
Big-al wrote:iHumph wanted to leave a season early, Humph says "Fine, no problem, you're my brother so I can do anything for you".
La famiglia.

Once a player requests to get out of contract, is there not a big risk that he would become relatively useless if he were told no?
I think in the case of a very high profileinternational player this may well be the case, however iHumph could not afford to take that approach, would just leave him a year later out of contract and not looking like a worthwhile or valuable signing to another club
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Being 'relatively useless' is still better than anything NOC can produce!!!!

Humphreys needs to sign a better backrower than Nick Williams though.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Big-al wrote:Being 'relatively useless' is still better than anything NOC can produce!!!!

Humphreys needs to sign a better backrower than Nick Williams though.
Are you still holding out hope of this tho? Seems to be a done deal from everything we are hearing.

Personally I would (nearly) have rather we just kept Danielli, apparently has a decent role to play with the young guys, and him playing first team rugby is just about as appropriate as Williams :lol:
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

I think Williams having had a better season injury wise in a Mediocre Aironi Team will feel the benefit of a better set up all round if he does in fact make it to Ulster. At Munster I always wanted to see him miss the Ulster matches as he was quite destructive. Injuries just mounted up. He got a bit fitter and lost a few pounds in Italy but harder in a poor set up with the finger in the dam.
A good preseason and As a stop gap I would be willing to give him a chance. Would never have been a first choice but only time will tell? :red:
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
ulsterrr
Novice

Post by ulsterrr »

I think people on this board need to waken up. We had a great couple years getting world class signings to build up us quickly and help home grown players and these will continue but with our attendances going down, new stadium being built, new irfu rules and mcglocks going to academy we will need to spend less obviously on NIQ'S. Nick Williams will not be Pedrie but will do a job. Also we will be looking to throw academy prospects in more over the next season or two, Not all at once but with senior players

As for NOC well he's going to be sitting on a bench or even in the crowd unless jackson gets injured. I also think stuart olding would be in front of NOC. Id rather have NOC sitting in the crowd to throw into 10 at start of any game than ruan. Ruan is for 9! lets not annoy him!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

cables wrote:
La famiglia.

iHumph was ahead of the game there then.
handoff
Novice

Post by handoff »

I don't understand why people want Humphreys to sign a number 8< next season we have-Wilson,diack,mccomish,henry who all can play number 8. Ferris,henry,diack,mccomish, Henderson who all can play 6. But we only have two openside flankers,henry and birch. Humphreys needs to sign an out and out openside flanker, to develop henry and to accommodate for when injuries occur, ie heinrich brussow would be ideal, but optimistic. :D
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

handoff wrote:I don't understand why people want Humphreys to sign a number 8< next season we have-Wilson,diack,mccomish,henry who all can play number 8. Ferris,henry,diack,mccomish, Henderson who all can play 6. But we only have two openside flankers,henry and birch. Humphreys needs to sign an out and out openside flanker, to develop henry and to accommodate for when injuries occur, ie heinrich brussow would be ideal, but optimistic. :D
Don't cont Ferris in your equation, he is a bonus when he is fit and allowed to play :(
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Big-al wrote:Signing NOC is purely down to Humphreys snr and not the IRFU. He's fecked up here, especially when he's letting a younger, better flyhalf leave to go to the championship.

Luke Marshall wanted to go on loan for a few months, but Humph said, "NO, we'll give you plenty of game time next season, you're staying".

iHumph wanted to leave a season early, Humph says "Fine, no problem, you're my brother so I can do anything for you"

If it was anyone else looking to leave a season early who is pretty key player within the squad I'd imagine he'd be told to suck it up and get on with it.

I hope Ulster get compensation from London Irish, although I very much doubt it!!!
I will type slowly in the hope you can understand:
RP & PJ will be our first choice 9/10 combination
beagle & RP will be our second choice 9/10 combination

Any other 10 in the squad will get zero game time unless both PJ and RP and zero bench time unless PJ or RP are injured.
McKinney is a young ambitious 10 who wants to play rugby; therefore he is going to get some rugby experience; because if he stays here he will be playing AIL.
NOC will be coming here in the knowledge that he is way down the pecking order and as a third or fourth choice he is as good as we can expect. A good quality 10 whether IQ or NIQ is not coming to Ulster to play AIL.

NOC was faced with a choice: 2 or 3 at Connacht or 3 at Ulster :scratch: .... think I’ll go home :thumleft: .

iHumph saws to big brother; “Bro if I’m no.2 or3 to PJ/RP, I’m off” :x .

McKinney says; “Dave will I be playing next season?" Yes says Dave " for Queens"...... "I need to be playing more rugby at my stage so I’m off”.

Humph says; “ which IQ 10 can I get to play 3rd fiddle to PJ and RP? :? NOC, the very man :thumleft: .”

Or something like that.

The scenarios for all 3 players are entirely different.
one is huffing, one wants to develop as a player and one is happy to come home and earn a cheque playing rugby.
weeHughF
Novice

Post by weeHughF »

Donal Lenihan is in love with Nick Williams!

4 trys for Turnips - 3 in this one match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwhqRql-apk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ulsterrr wrote:I think people on this board need to waken up. We had a great couple years getting world class signings to build up us quickly and help home grown players and these will continue but with our attendances going down, new stadium being built, new irfu rules and mcglocks going to academy we will need to spend less obviously on NIQ'S. Nick Williams will not be Pedrie but will do a job. Also we will be looking to throw academy prospects in more over the next season or two, Not all at once but with senior players
Given some of your previous, that my friend is a timely post, too much bellyache about Fat Nick & poor ould Niall who I confess I had thought we'd seen the last of in white. Anyway, NOC is signed, Fat Nick, who knows?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Windeos
Warrior Chief

TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Windeos »

FLogically looking at the situation, if it's true we've signed Williams as our last NIQ spot (I'm hoping it's a 1 year deal) then surely we are actually in a similar if not better position than this season.

P3 is being replaced by Wilson & Williams which gives us more depth, more competition. Faloon will be replaced by Birch with Henderson now also looking like another option in the back row. We seem to have developed more depth in the back row for next year while replacing 1 very good player with a very good 8 in Wilson & a player in Williams who is very destructive and can be a very good player also.

Yes it's not the signing of the standard of Muller, Pienaar or Afoa but it still covers a need.

About NOC, I don't rate him at all as a rugby player but I'm not losing sleep over the move. It's actually encouraging that the Ulster management believe Jackson is our future & present & are willing to back him for next season. NOC would only see playing time after Jackson, Pienaar & Wallace are not available in my view. So NOC would be at best 3rd in line but more likely 4th option.

So our team gains more back row depth & saves money on an expensive NIQ 10 by promoting from within. Add in the experience the whole team will gain from this season means that I can't wait for next season.

A deeper squad, with more experience & confidence. I'm happy enough with these signings, they fill a need & that's all that matters.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Paddy Wallace shouldn't be used as a 10 at any point, he's a much better centre and is wasted at fly half. I'd rather have NOC at 10 before him.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.